Footprints (by jonwd7)

JudgmentJay

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Im in the minority on this one but Im just not a big fan of it. I wanted to like it and I think its an awesome idea. I just didnt feel like the footprints looks natural enough. They didnt fit in well enough to me and broke immersion for me personally. Specifically I thought they stood out too much. I would have preferred the regular footprints to look more like the sneak footprints. Also, the outline of the footprints were too crisp to me. Maybe some variation might helps some... I dunno. I love the idea so Ill keep an eye on this mod to see if it improves.

It looks like Im in the minority on this one but Im just not a big fan of it. I wanted to like it and I think its an awesome idea. I just didnt feel like the footprints looks natural enough. They didnt fit in well enough to me and broke immersion for me personally. Specifically I thought they stood out too much. I would have preferred the regular footprints to look more like the sneak footprints. Also' date=' the outline of the footprints were too crisp to me. Maybe some variation might helps some... I dunno. I love the idea so Ill keep an eye on this mod to see if it improves.[/quote']

I haven't tried it myself, but from all the screenshots I've seen I'd have to agree.  It's a really cool idea, but they stand out a bit much and they aren't dynamic enough to not break immersion on something like a snowy road. 

keep in mind that also in vanilla game character often floats 5 inches+ above the ground ,even more immersion breaking...... footprints here could be more realistic that's very true , is a fresh mod afterall.... lot of space for improvements ,let's see how things and future updates (if author will make) go... indeed production can be better... idea is awesome.

• 2 months later...

I tested this mod with TES5 edit and it is squeaky clean. Not everyone is a fan of the foot prints, but considering the vanilla game has no footprints at all this is an obvious improvement. I can't see a reason why it shouldn't be a part of the next STEP. if a person doesn't like it, like everything in STEP, don't download it. It is safe and it doesn't change core skyrim in any way.