4GB not loading ENB?

whitewolf87

Question

I know by now you're probably getting a bit sick of me, but the newest issue is that when I test-launch Fallout using 4GB, ENB is not active as it should be at the loading screen. I've made sure the d3d9.dll file is in the exes folder which I created (4GB didn't do it automatically), but when I launch it through Mod Organizer, the text indicating that ENB is active in the upper left hand corner of the title screen isn't there.

The catch? If i load 4GB manually through the Fallout New Vegas folder, bypassing MO, then it'll load it's ENB from the exes folder.

I've tried reinstalling both programs, checking to make sure the guide steps are followed exactly. So far no joy.

Thanks again. Take your time if need be. I'm still pretty new at all this. Skyrim produced similar headaches until I got it all done three days after I started.

5 answers to this question

With MO and New Vegas to use an ENB w/ the 4GB launcher you need to place the .d3d9 in the root folder and NOT the exes folder created by the 4GB loader. Even though everyone says otherwise. Though I don't know why considering that has never worked for me.

• +1 1

When you use MO to start your game, which executable is active in the drop-down box, the one next to the "Run" button.

You will need to manually add the 4GB patch executable to that list, but be careful, after adding a new executable the drop-down list reverts to show the first listing, usually it is the SKSE.

So assuming you have installed and configured the 4GB patch, add it to MO and ensure it is selected and then hit "Run".

• +1 1

Thanks for the response. :)

I can confirm that I did indeed manually add the 4GB executable as per the directions before launching New Vegas. Just to be absolutely sure again, I made sure that FNV 4GB Loader (as I titled it) is selected in the drop-down menu and I launched it, and again, the ENB text that's supposed to appear in the upper-left-hand corner is absent, so I know ENB isn't running even though it's configured to. There's something else I'm missing or doing wrong.

The injector doesn't want to work at all, under any circumstances, even manually targetting the executables (4GB, NVSE, and the Bethesda executables), then running the injector as per its own instructions.

I ran a test on Audley's solution, and the ENB runs while launching NV via 4G through MO (abbreviation-gasm) just as it did in Skyrim. Since that didn't seem to have any far reaching bad effects for the gentleman/lady who suggested that, I'm just going to go with that, because I can't be bothered to be that fancy.

So far, so good is good enough for me.

Thanks everyone for their time either way.