Installing ADAM without DLC?

Luap

Question

F&LNV is written in a way that assumes everyone following the guide has all the DLC. This is understandable.

I do not have the DLC, but for the most part it is still pretty easy to follow the guide. I simply make adjustments along the way, like moving the DLC patches of the YUP mod to the Optional ESPs box, for example.

But I have run into a roadblock with ADAM (A Definitive Armor Mod). I can not figure out how to install this mod + the Project Nevada patch without the DLC. I could not install the "complete version" because it includes DLC files, so I tried installing it via the "custom" option. The problem is that there is no Project Nevada patch included with the custom install. Apparently the Project Nevada patch has some DLC-related files in it. I checked out the Manual install option in Mod Organizer, but ADAM has a lot of files and I simply do not have the knowledge to know which files I can and can not deselect. So for the more experienced Mod Organizer users: Is there a way I can manually install ADAM to include the Project Nevada patch without the DLC files included?

(And before anyone writes this off by telling me to go buy the DLC — I won New Vegas in a raffle and I have never played a Fallout game before, so I don't want to buy DLC for a game that I'm not even sure I will like.)

2 answers to this question

To be honest, I would recommend playing the game completely Vanilla if it is your first time. Then if you like it you can buy the DLC and begin to mod it. My suggestion. 

As for ADAM I really have no idea. : I cannot figure it out either. 

ADAM is a pain in the gluteus maximus to install if you don't have all the DLC, sorry to say. Cause of the way it's packaged about the only way I could see it working is if you downloaded all you wanted, reordered it all and then repackaged it. Then it should work.

However, it's a metric butt ton of work and you do have to have a little experience.