This "show VRAM" feature... It ain't working!

Halde

Question

Hi all(again and again)!

I cannot get this to work. The supposed default is "f4", yet all this does is cause a short freeze, followed by nothing. I have been told that "shift+enter" will open GUI(I'm not sure was this is an abbreviation for), which can show me VRAM usage among other parameters as well. This is not working either. I have no edited this section of the enblocal.ini, except for the times I've tried using other hotkeys for the "show VRAM" feature called:

//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115

Are there a definitive way for my game to show me this?

15 answers to this question

If you cannot open the GUI (graphical user interface) of ENB then it is not working properly. Shift + Enter will open it up by default with default enblocal.ini files. 

Once there you can find a tab called statistics and profiler which has all that info. 

Also you could have just posted this in the previous thread :) 

f4 is working, it does what it implies, frees vram. f4 isn't supposed to show you anything. shift+enter does indeed show you the gui (graphical user interface), BUT, you have to have enb graphics turned on. If you followed STEP exclusively, then that is turned off and you are running enboost only. You have to set the option UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false in the enblocal.ini in order to use enb graphics, but note that if you do not have an enb preset setup, the default graphics will make things look funny, mostly the blurry gray look on-screen.

Currently I'm using the Optimus Fix, but before that, the GUI didn't show itself either. And before I used the Optimus Fix, I used the Injector version. Which doesn't have a d3d9.dll. Could this be it?

Edited by Halde

Okay I was mistaken It also disables the GUI.... Guess it sort of makes sense that he would do it like that. Good to learn by failing in forums! :D 

Guess if you want VRAM showing etc you will need to get performance monitor 

Can you tell me how to get Skyrim Performance Monitor(henceforth SPM) working with Mod Organizer? My Skyrim Main Game Path is TESV.exe and the Launcher Path is ModOrganizer.exe. However, when I launch Skyrim through Mod Organizer(through SKSE), the monitor ain't monitoring anything! 

I haven't been able to find answers on this. I posted this question in the thread on SPM in the section on Other Modding Utilities as well.

I guess we really haven't given detailed instructions for this, and we probably should... It works for me, but it's been so long since I ran it, I can't even guess what the problem is, unless you're on Integrated Graphics, as when I had that, it never recorded anything either, since I lacked a discrete card to monitor.