MO won't work with .inis and SKSE plugins?

Clouddistrictcitizen

Question

Hi, I'm a new MO user and have been installing mods all days following STEP.

However, I have (for now) 2 big problems with Mod Organizer;

1. Editing skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini in MO doesn't have an effect on game. I've tried with sIntroSequence=0. After adding it with built-in ini editor and saving, I've launched Skyrim and still saw the Bethesda logo. After adding sIntroSequence=0 to the ini in my documents I had no intro.

2. For some reason MO won't properly install SKSE plugins. CellStabilizer, Fuz Ro D'oh, Racemenu, etc don't work if I install them with MO

Actually I found a third problem while writing this post - if I want to launch SKSE from MO the game's menu will appear for 0.5 seconds and the game will crash without any Windows' errors. If If launch SKSE from desktop it works fine.

Would really appreciate help.

4 answers to this question

Some thoughts:

1. Each profile in MO has its own ini files. Those are the ones you should edit. They are found in the modorganizer directory / Profiles. I think when you create a new profile from the new option the default ini files will be copied to the new profile, so it would be advantageous to set it up the way you want, but if you verify the game cache they will be reset. When you copy a profile you will get a copy of the selected profile.

2. The manual installer is like the data directory with the data being top most so any ESPs and ESMs would go there followed by the directory folders, Interface, Scripts, meshes, textures, SKSE and so on. Those have to be there. If the message at the bottom is red the mod is not set up right. If the is a second data folder in the tree you can right click it to set it as the data directory.

Some thoughts:

1. Each profile in MO has its own ini files. Those are the ones you should edit. They are found in the modorganizer directory / Profiles. I think when you create a new profile from the new option the default ini files will be copied to the new profile, so it would be advantageous to set it up the way you want, but if you verify the game cache they will be reset. When you copy a profile you will get a copy of the selected profile.

2. The manual installer is like the data directory with the data being top most so any ESPs and ESMs would go there followed by the directory folders, Interface, Scripts, meshes, textures, SKSE and so on. Those have to be there. If the message at the bottom is red the mod is not set up right. If the is a second data folder in the tree you can right click it to set it as the data directory.

It is sIntroSequence= not sIntroSequence=0

It sounds like you've installed SKSE incorrectly. Does the MO log indicate anything?

sIntroSequence=0 works too 

Thanks for your replies, but I just found out what the problem was and feel like a total idiot! 1 and 2 were because I hadn't been launching SKSE from Mod Organizer (duh). As at the time I only had fixes installed I didn't even notice that none of my mods were actually working when I launched the game via skse_loader (until I installed race menu). 

no. 3 is also fixed because once I realized I have to launch SKSE from MO it was obvious that one of the mods was installed incorrectly and made the game crash (wrong Skyfalls version for me).

Thanks again for the great tool and sorry for the bother :)