YOT - Your Own Thoughts by Tooplex

Kuldebar

YOT - Your Own Thoughts by Tooplex

Posted Image

Since Think to Yourself is no longer being maintained or expanded, I have found a worthy replacement.

From the mod author:

This mod basically changes most (if not all) of the second person messages and texts in game and makes them 1st person.

Now more in-depth, This mod is basically the little brother of TTYM (Think to Yourself Messages) as this takes a lot of influences from it and expands upon it, I was a bit disapointed to see TTYM just be abandoned like that so ive decided to make my own mod like that and expand majorly upon it, the prime importance of this mod is immersion for the Main game, its DLC's and other peoples mods.

For now the mod only includes the vanilla game (Which i shall keep expanding as I see fit until its 100%) and Frostfall (again expanded from TTYM module), Any mods that people request which have second person messages and can be made to 1st person and more immersive I will be happy to add to the to-do list and make it in due time.

Like TTYM, It will do more than change "you" to "I", The messages are constructed to seem more natural and immersive.

Edited by Kuldebar

It's a good mod, some rough patches:

I stopped using this after a test run to level 6 on a new character. (Not using any 1rst person Message mod at present.)

For some reason it interferes with Save Hot Key ArchMod - for SKSE by Archeyreece bu basically blocking the save from happening...I first noticed the message wasn't coming up on screen and then verified that, indeed, no save was being created. Additionally, and probably related, the YoT mod edits the Quick Save Message "Progress scribbled quickly..." or something like that...so that edit might be part of the problem.

Other than that, I noticed a few typos and some of the cursor text messages were a bit over done.

I am using Autosave Manager by Vivanto I have the same problem with the Save Hot Key with this mod, now that you mention it.  It could be YOT too.  BUT Autosave Manager has several ways to get around the problem:  1) all the other save features of the mod is still working.  2) for manual saves I use the default in-game save button, but I use Autosave manager to allow me to have a lot more (10) autosave slots to cycle through.  Essentially the same action.

Now I am able to use YOT with no issues.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I apologise for the late reply, I just found this thread while i was rebuilding my Skyrim Install. I am planning on keeping this updated soonish! (I need to check if it works with PerMa first) I would be mega amazed if my mod got on STEP :D

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

I apologise for the late reply, I just found this thread while i was rebuilding my Skyrim Install. I am planning on keeping this updated soonish! (I need to check if it works with PerMa first) I would be mega amazed if my mod got on STEP :D

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it.

Glad to see you here. I have been using YOT without issue.