Dreadflopps Modular patches

From the moment I wrote that comment up until now I've been doing just that, going through IA armors to decide which ones to use, on a basis of:

a)Likelihood of a bandit (since this is where LLs become more noticeable, really) getting their hands on one

b) Stats that match Morrowloot's mandate, since with Morrowloot high level armors are much harder to find.

I've nailed it down to:

Armored Fur Hoods

Barbarian

Barbarian Hero

Brigand Plate

Einherjar Brigandine

Einherjar Plate

Fur Collar

Fur Hood

Jorvaskr Shield

Heavy Painted Shield (and variants)

Heavy Splinted Shield (and variants)

Heroic Imperial (assuming that Hothtrooper added this only to imperial leveled lists, if such a thing exists. Will have to confirm with the IA people or someone more knowledgable can enlighten on this)

Heroic Stormcloak (same as above)

Hide Buckler

Highwayman Mail

Light Target Shield

Nord Mail

Padded Fur

Painted Hide shield

Painted Iron shield

Ranger armor

Ringmail Armor

Steel Buckler

Edit: Some thoughts specifically on Einherjar and Barbarian armors. While the barbarian armor is really something noone would really use in real life, I see it as a lack of armor. The person wearing it is too poor to afford a real piece of armor so they make do with what they can find.

Einherjar features a dragon skull. While that might be considered "not lore friendly" for a bandit to have armor adorned with dragon skulls, the quest where Alduin resurrects that Dragon made me realize Skyrim is littered with Dragon graveyards. Specifically, the word wall locations. As such, one doesn't really need to kill a dragon to have an ornamental dragon skull.

As for bandanas, I simply dislike them :P

From a quick glance it looks good but I don't know all armors. I'm in the middle of moving right now but I'll add them as soon as I get a chance to. Thanks for the help, it's appreciated.

Nice mod compilation Thane! i noticed i missed a very crucial mod, namely, "Enchanting Awakened",

and i somehow forgot to include the mod "Aurora Doomstones" in my game, these two look really exciting!

Here is a find i thought would be a good addition to the magic system for Skyrim,

your character now needs to be at least a Novice lvl in the specific school of magic to learn a spell

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43057/?

"Tomes"

Also "Vile Concoctions", "Druid Essentials", "Empowered Magic" and "SIPPS" are perhaps worth mentioning in the magic department.

i am now using your suggestion with "Skytweak" to edit my magic regen rate. i have given up Duke Patrick for now, just too many mod conflicts. But i found a nice replacer for Duke, namely "Poise System". Fantastic mod which leads to a player stumble, depending on how much you are getting continuously battered.

btw, i'm curious, what does the mod "ADS.esp" stand for?

Edited by baloo42

Dreadflopp have you taken a look a filter, no merge bash tags.

It may be useful for mods that modify leveled list

I haven't tried them. I thought they just meant that the plugin wouldn't be merged with the bashed patch? Anyway, I beleieve I have figured out how to patch AmidianBorn content addon, lore weapons expansion etc without making replacements.

Nice mod compilation Thane! i noticed i missed a very crucial mod, namely, "Enchanting Awakened",

and i somehow forgot to include the mod "Aurora Doomstones" in my game, these two look really exciting!

Here is a find i thought would be a good addition to the magic system for Skyrim,

your character now needs to be at least a Novice lvl in the specific school of magic to learn a spell

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43057/?

"Tomes"

Also "Vile Concoctions", "Druid Essentials", "Empowered Magic" and "SIPPS" are perhaps worth mentioning in the magic department.

i am now using your suggestion with "Skytweak" to edit my magic regen rate. i have given up Duke Patrick for now, just too many mod conflicts. But i found a nice replacer for Duke, namely "Poise System". Fantastic mod which leads to a player stumble, depending on how much you are getting continuously battered.

btw, i'm curious, what does the mod "ADS.esp" stand for?

Poise systems sounds good, I am thinking it might not work well with duel though since they both alter how combat works. Tomes sounds good too. I usually don't play with characters that use magic but I am going too change that and use magic in my current playthrough. Might try some of the mods. I have heard positive things about how TTR skill overhaul alters the magic schools, which is what I use now. There is also PerMa, which is going to be added to the pack.

ADS.esp is from Smooth blade draw and Sheathe

how so?

Make a copy of the original plugin, rename it (the renamed copy will become the patch), delete everything except the leveled list from the patch. Edit the leveled list of the patch. Add bash tags relev delev to the patch. Untick the original plugin when rebuilding the bashed patch. The patch should be merged with the bashed patch. You will have the original plugin with the leveled list overwritten by the bashed patch.

So, I had a bit of a harddrive issue and lost my skyrim mods. Before I get back into redoing everything again (kill me now), three questions/ suggestions.

dread, I'm a huge fan of your setup, is there any way you could a a few notes thought of other esps that are mergeable, which merges should have renumber unchecked, bash tags, etc.? Too, I actually like the other mods you suggest, any recommendations for where they should be installed, merge options, load order, bash tags, etc?

Finally, and this may be a non starter as I know you're working on fitting PerMa in, but if I wanted to try SPERG with your set up, how would I go about that?

One final edit, do we have annidea yet on how to toss PerMa into this yet?

Edited by Veezy

Thanks for the amazing guide and the work you've done! I have a question about a balance issue. Immersive weapons adds a lot to the crafting menu and in the steel category there are many swords that have the same material requirements as a normal Steel sword requires, but yet they do 5+ more damage. Is this intended or did I screw up with my installation process?

...Nevermind, was an issue on my end. Simply missed removing the Jaysus esm, not immersive weapons. 

Edited by Vaxeth

https://worldrpg.altervista.org/sai.html  You could probably run Supernatural AI side by side with Revenge of the Enemies and ERSO AI/ASIS AI/SKyRe AI and still see benefits.  No doubt some of the AI will be overwritten by other AI mods and there will NOT be full support for SIC creatures that are labeled different from vanilla (I guess I could have a look at it in Tes5edit), but it should make the world's creatures more unique and interesting....  

It appears that it covers different creatures than Revenge of the enemies, there is overlap but they are pretty different.

I have just convinced myself to give it a try tonight.... he he he.  This mod makes changes to dragons, so it is recommended to keep deadly dragon on vanilla difficulty... but I have no idea what it would do to DCO dragons, but it does say on the webpage that its compatible.....  Sounds like the vampires become nuts with this mod... Nice...

Hello everyone I am the author of Supernatural AI, many of you knows I have been banned from Nexus even after I deleted my contents.

When I went banned my module was in his beginning (so do I) and so I copied a pair of records (a pair over hundreds) from another module which I liked but imo was lacking.

I knew many other authors who have been in nexus and many even if not banned got their personal website so do I.

No more chit chat, I am here because while I was testing my website meta-tags on google my attenction went on this post from user Jarl, and that made me enjoy the fact that someone still using my module and my time in testing and improving Skyrim is not being only for myself entertainment.

I take the chance to thank the user for his quote and welcome everyone to test my module or visit my website (which you can find in the quote from Jarl), despite the fact I have been worked on it from above 1 year, it became really rock solid now and my tests are not finished yet. My attitude in developing many updates is amenable to my diligence in making Skyrim pointing the perfectionalism in terms of realism.

You will see only deadly combats in my module, just like real fights are. Fire burn, blades cuts and so on. I use to suggest other modules to support SAI and they are suggested in my Skyrim guide also.

I wish to reply to some user who think that I have "copied" content like a cut-paste modder but this cant be more false. My module is unique in his genre and it cover overall Skyrim even without the need in adding more enemies like other mods do, and about the records copied from the user which I dont remember even his name is now history.

Best wishes for gaming experience to everyone.

So, I had a bit of a harddrive issue and lost my skyrim mods. Before I get back into redoing everything again (kill me now), three questions/ suggestions.

dread, I'm a huge fan of your setup, is there any way you could a a few notes thought of other esps that are mergeable, which merges should have renumber unchecked, bash tags, etc.? Too, I actually like the other mods you suggest, any recommendations for where they should be installed, merge options, load order, bash tags, etc?

Finally, and this may be a non starter as I know you're working on fitting PerMa in, but if I wanted to try SPERG with your set up, how would I go about that?

One final edit, do we have annidea yet on how to toss PerMa into this yet?

First of all, sorry for the late answer. I have been busy with real life (moving, building IKEA furniture, painting walls, laying floors etc etc etc)

I don't have much information on what to merged unfortunately. All REGS patches can be merged and all ETaC patches can be merged. Do not renumber when doing these. There are many successful merges on this page https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=1033740

If you are refereing to my custom setup, all mods are installed in the order of the guide including the "other mods". No other bash tags etc other than those in the guides I am referring too /STEP, SR:LE, REGS and of course MMO).

If you want to try SPERG, just remove the skill mods from my guide and install SPERG and the unofficial SPERG patches. Reinstall better leveling and Apocalypse, check the guide on what to install. Beware, though, the unofficial SPERG/Weapons and armor fixes patch is out of date. Shouldn't be game breaking though.

I haven't started with integrating PerMa into this guide yet. The main thing that needs to be fixed is patching it for  morrowloot. This means editing the leveled list of PerMa. I will do it as soon as I get time for it. It will still take awhile I'm afraid.

@dreadflop -

There is no BOSS rule for Loot and Degradation?

I don't support BOSS anymore, I use LOOT. I left all BOSS rules in the guide for users that uses BOSS.

Loot and degradation is mostly scripted. I don't believe it has any conflicts with other plugins. Just make up a BOSS rule or use LOOT.