Dreadflopps Modular patches

I just wanted to say thanks so much for everyone's work on this pack.  I have been doing a SR:LE + REGS + MO + Perkus Maximus build for the last month (while Per Ma has been in beta), and PerMa integrates very well into this pack. Perhaps in time the skyre portion should be eliminated from this pack and replaced with PerMa and it's patches?  Most of the work should be cut out for PerMa integration into this pack. The PerMa patches will likely include morrowloot in a newer version at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59257/?, since it was one of the options in a poll on the beta page of which mods should have a PerMa patch.  For the most part though Morrowloot seems be working alright without a patch, but there are some records that are not carried over to the patchus maximus file.

Wow, well i discovered this forum a little too late, maybe 1110 posts to late.

Anyhow, i'm just about to fire up my Skyrim successfully today for the very first since i started modding it.

Here are my must-have mods, i'm going to keep the list short

ASIS Encounter Zones

DFB Random Encounters

Dragon Combat Overhaul & Ultimate Dragons

Duke Patrick Heavy Weapons Combat

ERSO - 02 [Creature Pack]

ERSO - 09 [NPC Pack]

Fire of Vigor

Higher LVL Enemies

Hunterborn

Important Information Overhaul

INeed

Kuertee Gold Adjustment

More Locked Containers

Morrowloot

Scarcity

Traps are Dangerous

Truly Undead

[[FROSTFALL would be here, except it keeps crashing my game, i think it's overloading script together with Duke Patrick, and their Fatigue systems don't like each other]]

I have not included creature or skill mods, only the ones which would give a more challenging gameplay, which is from what i understand you are looking for by the content of you posts.

Also i make a little side rule for myself. Only once i skill up, i can then only equip a new WEAPON/ARMOR/SPELL which i have found. Magic skills for magic items. Make one for Dexterity, say it's archery/lockpicking/speech, and that gives you a new Bow/Crossbow. And Combat/Strength is easier enough to figure out.

I guess this would make for an exciting bonus to levelling up those skills again, also makes up for a bit of the missing Ability Scores in Skyrim. But Duke Patrick did an amazing job there! Basically he made a 3rd Attribute between Health and Stamina somehow.

To take it further, every time i LVL up a 3rd/5th time [not sure yet, needs playtesting], i may choose a new WEAPONS CLASS to unlock.

For example, i would only start of with blades as a choice, meaning dagger/swords [i could also choose bows for example, crossbows would be seperate]. and i would be limited to those weapons no matter what. Until i unlock the new weapon class of choice at LVL 3rd/5th gain.

I also have a player death system, but that's a whole other story.

Coming from the RPG forgotten realms, i still have half a D&D manual stuck in my head, so i base all my balancing aspects on the old tombs of lore.

I hope this helped someone, or maybe they just discovered some new insight.

Edited by baloo42

@baloo42 thanks many of those mods are included, will check the rest. I'm coming from a d&d background too and I get what you mean but I would never be able to restrain myself when leveling and what weapons to use.

Updated the patches. Added:

790 Dragon Combat Overhaul - STEP Patch

460 Aurora standing stones - Stealth skills rebalanced patch

470 Aurora Standing stones - TTR Armor patch

Added instruction to sort my patches just before the bashed patch.

Added instruction to add the bash tags names and stats to the MMO merged patch.

Dreadflopp

I looked through the patches and wanted to let you know:

1.  460 is also the number used for Immersive weapons patches.

2.  Dragon Combat Overhaul uses the old version as a master.  It's now "Dragon Combat Overhaul.esp" as of the newest update from about a week ago.

Must have been tired yesterday, it is fixed now.

I am going to remove Reduced gold reward for quest. This mod was added by Garfink. What it does is change the gold rewards in the leveled list. Gold adjustment, which is in the pack, does the same thing and more but with scripts. 

Just three more mods worth mentioning:

TDF Equipment Restriction

Weighted Items

Slower Magicka Regen [great for playing as a fighter class]

Thank you for the reply Thane.

I think slower magica regen can be done with SkyTweak, if you want to save a plugin slot.

Link to weighted items please :)

TDF Equipment Restriction look quite interesting, will look it up closer later. Busy doing something else, namely:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Dreadflopp/mmo_test#Dreadflopp.27s_recommendations

This is my recommended install of STEP/SR:LE/REGS/MMO

I will test it during the day and add it to the guide if it seems stable

Edited by dreadflopp
  • +1 1

I think slower magica regen can be done with SkyTweak, if you want to save a plugin slot.

TDF Equipment Restriction look quite interesting, will look it up closer later. Busy doing something else, namely:

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Dreadflopp/mmo_test#Dreadflopp.27s_recommendations

Interesting that you mention Skytweak can do that, i was not aware of that. I was really sold with Skytweak, really enjoyed looking through all its functionality,

but just recently i swapped over to Duke Patrick, and had to overhaul my entire mod build from scratch,

Turns out Skytweak was not compatible (but i will have to double check sometime to be sure).

for item weights, the mod i use, titled "Weighted Items", but the link is dead ...

https://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/6630/?

I did find this one doing a Google search, i think it does a similar thing (but this one also changes the measurement to kg's, which i don't like)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4918/?

Weighted Items, makes carry weight more realistic, as it generally increases weight of items right across the board, as well as giving gold a small weight (you could choose the gold weight amount which were supplied with optional files),

This way i was not able to carry an entire dungeon out with me back to town.

(The gold weight also adds a nice random touch to your inventory weight, but overall the mod solves the problem of being able to carry far too many items, without making it too hardcore, like using one of the Encumberance mods out there.)

Ahhhh, and thank you so much for linking me back to the Morrowloot Overhaul!!! (what a fantastic mod compilation)

This had the Gold Adjustment tweak i remembered reading about, but forgot where i saw it. Thank you for this :)

One question, is 8x recommended with Scarcity, will it maybe make the loot a little too scarce? i have it set to 4x on my current playthrough.

Happy Dungeon Hacking

Edited by baloo42

Maybe you can consider changing your so beloved TTR with PerMa...

dredd, under the Vivan ENB settings you have to wait for Lanterns of Skyrim before merging, but that mod is part of STEP Extended and the enb requires wearable lanterns. Where do you reccomend installing that mod at?

I forgot that lanterns of Skyrim was in STEP: Extended as well as in REGS. Deleted the note to wait with the merge. I have wearable lanterns installed but forgot to add it to the install guide, it is there now. Thanks! This build is stable for me so I am going to add it to the pack soon. Also added ENB files to the beginning of the SR:LE section