Dreadflopps Modular patches

I would like to suggest switching Professions to [post=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fjwFo2rYqs]Livin Takes Time[/post]. Here's [spoiler=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fjwFo2rYqs]Brodual's video

I will try this mod out in my test profile (which is starting to act up at level 86....)

Professions was added by Garfink. Living takes time seems to do a better job than professions, and I really like the menu aspect of it all. I'll check it out and report back in a week or so on my results.

That could be a good substitute for professions. Report back with pros and cons and I'll switch to that if it suits our purpose (making stuff take time, not having professions) better. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, been using Living Takes Time for a week now. I highly recommend this mod.

Pros:

• No major conflicts in TES5edit with my MMO-GSRP, STEPcore, and REGS build
  • Customization in game (via MCM); You can adjust how long things take to suit your own desires and sensibilities
  • More stable (for me) than professions - Always works, and feels very natural; Professions sometimes worked and sometimes not. Also, I don't get 10 min of messages when harvesting ingredients (but even that in professions was inconsistent. Sometimes harvesting took no time, others it depleted my food & water stores in 10 real life minutes)
  • Can limit what menus you can use in combat for increased immersion (also can disable in game) - for example, can't loot an enemy when their buddies are right there with an arrow notched. Can't read a book leisurely while dude is frozen in time with his sword strike paused in decent
  • Feels less balky and more natural to the game. Things simply take time to do.
  • Can turn on or off messages.
  • No buffs from having a profession - I personally didn't like this.

Cons:

• Customization will take a lot of time if you want to change many or all features, but this is only needed once. On a tangent, it would be REALLY nice to have a mod that allowed you to quickly set up your MCM config (inside or outside of the game) then allow you to load all your 'presets' in. Starting a new game would be much easier in this case....
  • Pausing the game takes time. Hitting Esc. counts as the journal menu, and therefore takes time. My workaround when the wife calls is the tilda key (enter into the console). But for me that feels like cheating... just a stupid physiological thing
  • This may be a weird consequence in my game only, but when an enemy becomes aggro (red dots in my compass) it happens to enemies that are WAY off the in distance, far to far away to be realistic. Because of this, I had to disable the 'no looting in combat' option.
  • The no loot in combat or can't read in combat feature allows for the menu to appear, then immediately disappear. This takes me out of the immersive experience. However, I quickly changed my in-game habits, only getting the occasional un-immersive quick menu pop up, followed by a message saying you can't do that in combat.

Pros FAR out weigh the cons. I really like it, and recommend it is added to MMO.

• +1 1

Okay, been using Living Takes Time for a week now. I highly recommend this mod.

Pros:

• No major conflicts in TES5edit with my MMO-GSRP, STEPcore, and REGS build
  • Customization in game (via MCM); You can adjust how long things take to suit your own desires and sensibilities
  • More stable (for me) than professions - Always works, and feels very natural; Professions sometimes worked and sometimes not. Also, I don't get 10 min of messages when harvesting ingredients (but even that in professions was inconsistent. Sometimes harvesting took no time, others it depleted my food & water stores in 10 real life minutes)
  • Can limit what menus you can use in combat for increased immersion (also can disable in game) - for example, can't loot an enemy when their buddies are right there with an arrow notched. Can't read a book leisurely while dude is frozen in time with his sword strike paused in decent
  • Feels less balky and more natural to the game. Things simply take time to do.
  • Can turn on or off messages.
  • No buffs from having a profession - I personally didn't like this.

Cons:

• Customization will take a lot of time if you want to change many or all features, but this is only needed once. On a tangent, it would be REALLY nice to have a mod that allowed you to quickly set up your MCM config (inside or outside of the game) then allow you to load all your 'presets' in. Starting a new game would be much easier in this case....
  • Pausing the game takes time. Hitting Esc. counts as the journal menu, and therefore takes time. My workaround when the wife calls is the tilda key (enter into the console). But for me that feels like cheating... just a stupid physiological thing
  • This may be a weird consequence in my game only, but when an enemy becomes aggro (red dots in my compass) it happens to enemies that are WAY off the in distance, far to far away to be realistic. Because of this, I had to disable the 'no looting in combat' option.
  • The no loot in combat or can't read in combat feature allows for the menu to appear, then immediately disappear. This takes me out of the immersive experience. However, I quickly changed my in-game habits, only getting the occasional un-immersive quick menu pop up, followed by a message saying you can't do that in combat.

Pros FAR out weigh the cons. I really like it, and recommend it is added to MMO.

Sounds great. I am actually playing Skyrim for the first time in a very long time. Just added Living Takes Time but haven't had time to set it up yet. I agree, far more pros and cons and I didn't like the professions part of professions either. I noticed when starting to play the game that I should add some more MCM settings to the guide that is missing (frostfall for example, I play hardcore). If you get the time, would you mind posting your MCM setting for Living takes time since you tried it a while and it sounds like you found good settings for the mod. I'll add it to the guide. Thanks!

Living Takes Time is FISS compatible https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48265

FISS is an easy to use interface for modders to save&reload in-game variables to/from file.

This could be useful in various scenarios.
For example, more and more mods offer extensive MCM settings which have to be reset from scratch whenever you start a new game.

Here's a list of mods currently using FISS

Living takes time

I don't know how but 

FISS allows modders to provide the possibility to create user defined presets which can be saved, reloaded or shared.

• +1 1

There are two things that should be mentioned here I feel.

• FISS is already added to Living Takes Time.
  • @Akezhar has said he is discontinuing work on it so any further edits will need to be taken up by someone else.

I agree though, it does look like an interesting mod.

For those of you using Alternate Start, where are you putting it in your load order and are there any compatibility concerns? Also, for living takes time, where should I place it? Any good setting suggestions?

I will say I'm really enjoying this pack. Mashed it with STEP Extended and everything works well (except the intro, which is why I've been using AS:LAL).

FISS sounds interesting, to bad if its discontinued.

@veezy thanks. I let LOOT sort alternative start.

@IdiotDave Living takes time doesn't work for me. Will investigate tomorrow. Doesn't even have a MCM. Any ideas? Haven't done conflict resolution yet though.

SkyTweak resetted its carry weight setting for me, maybe after I became a vampire (using better vampires). Trying using -200 carry weight with iNeeds MCM menu. Works great so far.

Uninstalled SkyTweak but it remains in the mod configuration list (MCM mods list). It doesn't open though. This may be related to Living takes time not working. Will investigate this too.

I just installed Living takes Time and it worked out of the box. No issues. Maybe try re-installing it? I have version 2.4.1

Really sux if it isn't going to be supported any more. Man, I really like it.

Glad to hear you are finally starting to play again Dread. Enjoy it! You did an awesome job on this pack, and deserve to reap the rewards.

Here are my MCM setting for Living Takes Time (Some may be default, just reporting them all, easier than remembering what I changed)

General:

• Activate Mod: Ticked
  • Show Mes. Notifications: Ticked
  • No Notification if no time has passed? Ticked
  • Expertise reduces time? Ticked

Reading:

• Reading Takes Time? Ticked
  • Time Multiplier: 1.00
  • Block Read in combat Ticked
  • Reading increases speech: UnTicked
  • Reading increase Multiplier: 1.00
  • Learning Spell time: 2.00

Crafting:

• Crafting Takes Time: Ticked
  • Armors, Shields, and Jewels:
    • Improving Time: 1.00
    • Helmet Crafting: 2.0
    • Cuirass: 4.0
    • Bracers: 2.0
    • Boots: 2.0
    • Shield Crafting: 3.0
    • Jewelry: 1.0
  • Tanning: 1.0
  • Enchanting: 0.5
  • Potions: 0.3
  • Weapons:
    • Improving: 0.5
    • Battle Axe: 4.0
    • Bow: 4.0
    • Dagger: 2.0
    • Greatsword: 4.0
    • Mace: 3.0
    • Staff: 3.0
    • Sword: 3.0
    • Warhammer: 4.0
    • War Axe: 3.0
    • Ammo: 1.0

Looting:

• Looting Takes Time: Ticked
  • Time Mult: 1.00
  • Block Looing in combat Un Ticked (but I would like this if I didn't aggro the whole world in combat)
  • Pickpocket time mult: 1.00
  • Lockpicing takes time: Ticked
  • Time Mult 1.00
  • Block Lockpick in combat: Ticked

Training:

• Training Takes Time: Ticked
  • Training Time: 2.00
  • Leving up takes tiem? Ticked
  • Level Up Time: 1.0
  • Block leveling in combat: Ticked

Preparing:

• Inventory takes time: Ticked
  • Time Mult: 1.0
  • BLock Inv. in combat? Un Ticked
  • Eating Time: 5 min
  • Journal Takes time? Ticked
  • Block Journal in combat: Ticked
  • Magic menu takes tiem: Ticked
  • TIme Mult: 1.00
  • Block Magic in combat: Un Ticked
  • Map Takes Time: Ticked
  • BLock map menu in combat: Ticked

Trading:

• Barter takes Time: Ticked
  • Time Mult: 1.25
  • Gifting takes time? Ticked

Edited by IdiotDave

I just installed Living takes Time and it worked out of the box. No issues. Maybe try re-installing it? I have version 2.4.1

Really sux if it isn't going to be supported any more. Man, I really like it.

Glad to hear you are finally starting to play again Dread. Enjoy it! You did an awesome job on this pack, and deserve to reap the rewards.

Here are my MCM setting for Living Takes Time (Some may be default, just reporting them all, easier than remembering what I changed)

General:

• Activate Mod: Ticked
  • Show Mes. Notifications: Ticked
  • No Notification if no time has passed? Ticked
  • Expertise reduces time? Ticked

Reading:

• Reading Takes Time? Ticked
  • Time Multiplier: 1.00
  • Block Read in combat Ticked
  • Reading increases speech: UnTicked
  • Reading increase Multiplier: 1.00
  • Learning Spell time: 2.00

Crafting:

• Crafting Takes Time: Ticked
  • Armors, Shields, and Jewels:
    • Improving Time: 1.00
    • Helmet Crafting: 2.0
    • Cuirass: 4.0
    • Bracers: 2.0
    • Boots: 2.0
    • Shield Crafting: 3.0
    • Jewelry: 1.0
  • Tanning: 1.0
  • Enchanting: 0.5
  • Potions: 0.3
  • Weapons:
    • Improving: 0.5
    • Battle Axe: 4.0
    • Bow: 4.0
    • Dagger: 2.0
    • Greatsword: 4.0
    • Mace: 3.0
    • Staff: 3.0
    • Sword: 3.0
    • Warhammer: 4.0
    • War Axe: 3.0
    • Ammo: 1.0

Looting:

• Looting Takes Time: Ticked
  • Block Looing in combat Un Ticked (but I would like this if I didn't aggro the whole world in combat)
  • Pickpocket time mult: 1.00
  • Lockpicing takes time: Ticked
  • Time Mult 1.00
  • Block Lockpick in combat: Ticked

Training:

• Training Takes Time: Ticked
  • Training Time: 2.00
  • Leving up takes tiem? Ticked
  • Level Up Time: 1.0
  • Block leveling in combat: Ticked

Preparing:

• Inventory takes time: Ticked
  • BLock Inv. in combat? Un Ticked
  • Eating Time: 5 min
  • Journal Takes time? Ticked
  • Block Journal in combat: Ticked
  • Magic menu takes tiem: Ticked
  • TIme Mult: 1.00
  • Block Magic in combat: Un Ticked
  • Map Takes Time: Ticked
  • BLock map menu in combat: Ticked

Trading:

• Barter takes Time: Ticked
  • Time Mult: 1.25
  • Gifting takes time? Ticked

Wow thanks! I uninstalled SkyUI, made a new save and reinstalled it and everything is working again. Went through your settings and cleaned out all default settings. I will add them to the guide later. Checked living takes time in TES5, no conflicts. 

Thanks again and yes, I'm really enjoying playing the game finally :)

• +1 1

Thank you for taking the time to make this guide, it's wonderful. 

Now, on to some installation questions.

I do not use all of the STEP mods.

I've been looking into your patches, most of it is fine, but I'm concerned about these mainly: 

Revenge of the enemies, end game NPCs and of course, Morrowloot.

Mods I don't use from the required STEP mods for the patches: 

• Audio overhaul Skyrim
  • Improved Closefaced Helmets ( I personally think most of them look horrible, even if a bit more "immersive", but I digress)

What can I do?

I mainly skipped Audio Overhaul because, while I appreciate it, I am content with vanilla sounds enough to not bother with all those patches AOS needs. I suppose I can install that if needed.

As for ICH, I simply don't like the mod, and I'd really like to not have to install it.

Edited by Marthenil

Hey all

Thanks for making the switch to Living Takes Time, I've been using that already and I agree, it's much better than Professions.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried the mod Leveling Redesigned?  It sounds like it might be perfect for this pack and a good mod overall.  I'm thinking about adding it to my new playthrough and am wondering if anyone else has tried it and what they thought of it.

Thanks.

Edit:  Also, how it Loot and Degradation not in this pack?  :-)  It's a perfect fit if ever there was one!

Edited by cstarkey42

Thank you for taking the time to make this guide, it's wonderful. 

Now, on to some installation questions.

I do not use all of the STEP mods.

I've been looking into your patches, most of it is fine, but I'm concerned about these mainly: 

Revenge of the enemies, end game NPCs and of course, Morrowloot.

Mods I don't use from the required STEP mods for the patches: 

[*]Audio overhaul Skyrim

[*]Improved Closefaced Helmets ( I personally think most of them look horrible, even if a bit more "immersive", but I digress)

What can I do?

I mainly skipped Audio Overhaul because, while I appreciate it, I am content with vanilla sounds enough to not bother with all those patches AOS needs. I suppose I can install that if needed.

As for ICH, I simply don't like the mod, and I'd really like to not have to install it.

Glad you appreciate the pack. Thanks :)

In think you should install audio overhaul Skyrim. You do not need patches for it. The only thing that happens is that vanilla sounds will be played instead of AOS sounds. Just make sure it is early in the load order.

I need to double check close faced helmets but I think you can play without it. I don't think it's a master to any patch and I think the patches only contains keywords from close faced helmets which does nothing if Close faced helmets is not installed. Need to double check that later though.

Hey allThanks for making the switch to Living Takes Time, I've been using that already and I agree, it's much better than Professions.I'm wondering if anyone has tried the mod Leveling Redesigned? It sounds like it might be perfect for this pack and a good mod overall. I'm thinking about adding it to my new playthrough and am wondering if anyone else has tried it and what they thought of it.Thanks.Edit: Also, how it Loot and Degradation not in this pack? :-) It's a perfect fit if ever there was one!

Leveling redesigned looks good as long as it works with the Uncapper/better leveling. I get some concerns on the balance of the mod though when reading the comments. Also, one of the things this mod fixes is already fixed (for me) by my play style. If I play a stealth character I spend my perk points on stealth skills etc. The mod still looks good though but I think it needs to be tested with different type of characters. If you try, please tell us how it went. Garfink suggested Loot and Degradation but it was poorly made with a lot of unnecessary edits that messed up the game. It would for example change a lot of location names to French. This is a cut and paste from a conversation between me Garfink and Nicopad: weapons and armor degradation has several [conflicts]. It seems to change weapon type of several weapons from iron to steel and thus conflicting with WAF. It uses keywords but it looks a little random to me but did a quick check only. Since it says it works with new weapon mods it shoudn't have to make changes to the vanilla weapons. Lastly it has several places names in french! Don't know if this shows in-game but it shows as conflicts in TES5Edit and leads me to believe that it is not very well written.Garfink confitmed that locations was translated to French in game. This was a long time ago, the mod may have been fixed.EDIT: we are talking about different mods. I was talking about Weapons and armor degradation. Loot and degradation looks awesome! Edited by dreadflopp