Dreadflopps Modular patches

@dreadflopp Okay, so my moniker seems to be aptly chosen...

I tried adding just the boss to the [NPCExclusions] of the IncreasedSpawns.ini

I entered the FormIDs (pulled from TES5EDIT "Non-Player Character (Actor)) to the bottom of the [NPCExclusions] list as follows:

;moon and star boss
MASLvlDwarvenCenturionTITAN
MASEncDwarvenCenturionTitan01
MASEncDwarvenCenturionTitan02
MASEncDwarvenCenturionTitan03

It didn't work.

I then tried adding both Kagrenar cells, as I suspect there is a puzzle portion of the quest that is broken. The following was add to the bottom of [CellExclusions]
;Moon and Star Exclusions
00465F=MoonAndStar_MAS.esp
00C663=MoonAndStar_MAS.esp

It also didn't work. (I double checked this to make sure I entered the formID and mod name correctly.

EDIT: Just tried adding the entire mod to the bottom of [ModExclusions] as follows:

MoonAndStar_MAS.esp

That too didn't work. I know I'm missing something simple here. any help?

Edited by IdiotDave

@dreadflopp Okay, so my moniker seems to be aptly chosen...

I tried adding just the boss to the [NPCExclusions] of the IncreasedSpawns.ini

I entered the FormIDs (pulled from TES5EDIT "Non-Player Character (Actor)) to the bottom of the [NPCExclusions] list as follows:

;moon and star boss
MASLvlDwarvenCenturionTITAN
MASEncDwarvenCenturionTitan01
MASEncDwarvenCenturionTitan02
MASEncDwarvenCenturionTitan03

It didn't work.

I then tried adding both Kagrenar cells, as I suspect there is a puzzle portion of the quest that is broken. The following was add to the bottom of [CellExclusions]
;Moon and Star Exclusions
00465F=MoonAndStar_MAS.esp
00C663=MoonAndStar_MAS.esp

It also didn't work. (I double checked this to make sure I entered the formID and mod name correctly.

EDIT: Just tried adding the entire mod to the bottom of [ModExclusions] as follows:

MoonAndStar_MAS.esp

That too didn't work. I know I'm missing something simple here. any help?

I think you're supposed to write the name in the [NPCExclusions], not the EditorID. Try entering "Dwarwen Centurion Titan" instead. No idea why  CellExclusions or ModExclusions didn't work.  Maybe it has to be entered into the .ini before you enter the cells of the mod? 

Edited by dreadflopp

Hoping someone can tell me what the purpose of the replacement patches is. I'm installing/have installed the mods that they apply to, but I'm wondering what mods they're meant to fix conflicts with. I'm only using some mods out of the pack, layering them on top of STEP Core, REGS, and Realvision ENB suggested mods:

• Skyrim Immersive Creatures
  • Bandolier - Bags and Pouches
  • Bandolier - Dawnguard
  • Winter is Coming
  • Immersive Weapons
  • Lore Weapon Expansion + Daedric Crescent, Goldbrand and Relics of the Crusader
  • Immersive Armors
  • Aurora Doomstone Package
  • Dragon Soul Relinquishment
  • Thunderchild
  • Apocalypse Spell Package
  • Spectraverse
  • Dwemertech
  • High Level Enemies - SIC Edition
  • Revenge of the Enemies
  • Deadly Dragons

Wondering if, just using those mods, I'll need to use the replacer files.

I'm currently installing the equipment section of this pack and have a newb question.

Is it completely necessary to not install the main plug in's of all the mods of the pack? I assume that the reason why its suggested that I let CCOR handle them is so it wont break Morrowloot, but isn't that what the compatibility patches are for? Or is there no way for all the new items to be added into the game outside of crafting without breaking Morrowloot?

Hoping someone can tell me what the purpose of the replacement patches is. I'm installing/have installed the mods that they apply to, but I'm wondering what mods they're meant to fix conflicts with. I'm only using some mods out of the pack, layering them on top of STEP Core, REGS, and Realvision ENB suggested mods:

[*]Skyrim Immersive Creatures

[*]Bandolier - Bags and Pouches

[*]Bandolier - Dawnguard

[*]Winter is Coming

[*]Immersive Weapons

[*]Lore Weapon Expansion + Daedric Crescent, Goldbrand and Relics of the Crusader

[*]Immersive Armors

[*]Aurora Doomstone Package

[*]Dragon Soul Relinquishment

[*]Thunderchild

[*]Apocalypse Spell Package

[*]Spectraverse

[*]Dwemertech

[*]High Level Enemies - SIC Edition

[*]Revenge of the Enemies

[*]Deadly Dragons

Wondering if, just using those mods, I'll need to use the replacer files.

The replacement patches are for making those mods compatible with morrowloot, I'll edit the guide later to clarify that.

I'm currently installing the equipment section of this pack and have a newb question.Is it completely necessary to not install the main plug in's of all the mods of the pack? I assume that the reason why its suggested that I let CCOR handle them is so it wont break Morrowloot, but isn't that what the compatibility patches are for? Or is there no way for all the new items to be added into the game outside of crafting without breaking Morrowloot?

Some mods main plugin is not needed because CCOR replaces them and has options to add them to the world. New weapons and armors that a mod adds to the leveled list cannot be removed by a patch. That is why we have replacement plugin for some mods. In these replacement plugins some equipment has been removed from the leveled list. By removing the main plugin from mods that CCOR handle you save a plugin slot. Removing the main plugin from these mods are also necessary according to the CCOR instructions. Removing the main plugin from mods that have a replacement plugin is not necessary as long as the replacement is loaded after (lower in MO's left panel) the mod they replace, but removing the plugin solves the file conflict. This means these mods can be loaded in any order and minimise the risk for a user error when installing and reordering mods in MO.

The replacement patches are for making those mods compatible with morrowloot, I'll edit the guide later to clarify that.

Thanks for replying. Is this the case with the patches that are meant to be merged together as well, or do they solely affect the patches that are denoted in the file names?

E.G. - Does 70 Thunderchild - USKP patch.esp solely fix conflicts between Thunderchild and USKP?

Thanks for replying. Is this the case with the patches that are meant to be merged together as well, or do they solely affect the patches that are denoted in the file names?E.G. - Does 70 Thunderchild - USKP patch.esp solely fix conflicts between Thunderchild and USKP?

These patches only fix conflicts between the mods in the file name. "70 Thunderchild - USKP patch.esp" only fixes conflicts between Thunderchild and USKP.

Some mods main plugin is not needed because CCOR replaces them and has options to add them to the world. New weapons and armors that a mod adds to the leveled list cannot be removed by a patch. That is why we have replacement plugin for some mods. In these replacement plugins some equipment has been removed from the leveled list.By removing the main plugin from mods that CCOR handle you save a plugin slot. Removing the main plugin from these mods are also necessary according to the CCOR instructions.Removing the main plugin from mods that have a replacement plugin is not necessary as long as the replacement is loaded after (lower in MO's left panel) the mod they replace, but removing the plugin solves the file conflict. This means these mods can be loaded in any order and minimise the risk for a user error when installing and reordering mods in MO.

okay, thanks for the explanation, now I understand. Would you happen to know if the Dadric Crescent and other optional files from Lore weapons is compatible with CCOR and if so do I remove that original .esp like the others? I double checked the instructions to both mods and it is unclear if they are.

I'm dying to do a skyre playthough and this is the only STEP guide that includes it, but with Garfink looking like he's out of the pic, is thr anyone that can put me on the right coarse to a SR:LE + personal taste mods + skyre playthrough? The skyre section of the guide is too outdated right now to make heads or tails of. Dread is doing a killer job, but I understand you don't mess around with skyre. I can sort of see why with all the patches to make it run, the upkeep seems intense!

Per guide Reduced Gold Rewards for Quests

Description: Reduced gold rewards for quests

Author: mjharper

Optionals: None.

Special Instructions: Deactivate this mod when building the bashed patch

Why we need to deactivate it when building bashed patch? This mod is actually has default delev bash tag. I just would like to know. Thanks.

This was garfinks recommendation. I'm on a vacation but I'll be back at my computer at Tuesday. I'll check then to see why this is necessary.

Per guide Reduced Gold Rewards for Quests

Description: Reduced gold rewards for quests

Author: mjharper

Optionals: None.

Special Instructions: Deactivate this mod when building the bashed patch

Why we need to deactivate it when building bashed patch? This mod is actually has default delev bash tag. I just would like to know. Thanks.

It is necessary because for some reason the bashed patch forwords the record from skyrim and not the record from this mod when you make a bashed patch.

• +1 1

It is necessary because for some reason the bashed patch forwords the record from skyrim and not the record from this mod when you make a bashed patch.

This was garfinks recommendation. I'm on a vacation but I'll be back at my computer at Tuesday. I'll check then to see why this is necessary.

Thanks!