Dreadflopps Modular patches

@thaiusmle  

I don't know, I haven't done it yet.  I dropped the populated mods in favor of asis and haven't done the rs children yet.  Running around without the patches, however, and I'm still getting updated kids from inconsequential so I'm not sure what the patches will change.  More faces maybe?  I don't know if it's worth that much trouble for a bunch of npcs I do my best to ignore anyway.

There are a few videos that show how to do it so I would just start there and hopefully that will help.

Edited by cstarkey42

Hello to all

Got 3 quick questions 4 the masters:

1 - Will I be able to run STEP Extended + REGS + MMO (Garfink variant) + custom lightning pack? I was thinking of:

- Vividian ENB
- Climates of Tamriel
- Climates of Tamriel - Weather Patch
- ELE - Interior Lighting
- Enhanced Lights and FX (core)
- ELFX exteriors or Lanterns of Skyrim
- Expanded Snow Systems - Climates of Tamriel Version

2 - Is this best order to install the packs? 
STEP Extended
custom lightning pack
REGS
MMO (Garfink variant) 

3- If a mod is on more than one pack which one shoud i install?

Thanks in advance
Edited by afonik

Hello to allGot 3 quick questions 4 the masters:1 - Will I be able to run STEP Extended + REGS + MMO (Garfink variant) + custom lightning pack? I was thinking of:- Vividian ENB- Climates of Tamriel- Climates of Tamriel - Weather Patch- ELE - Interior Lighting- Enhanced Lights and FX (core)- ELFX exteriors or Lanterns of Skyrim- Expanded Snow Systems - Climates of Tamriel Version2 - Is this best order to install the packs? STEP Extendedcustom lightning packREGSMMO (Garfink variant) 3- If a mod is on more than one pack which one shoud i install?Thanks in advance

1. Should work in theory. Might be to much for the computer or game engine to handle. No way to know except trying.2. Install order looks fine. 3. Shouldn't matter much. If a mod is already in Step, like complete crafting overhaul, I'd leave it there. This guide isn't updated to Step 2.9 but will be soon. I don't expect much to change in the patches though.

drop Oblivion recently since I get a new pc (5 i4670k + 780ti + 16G) and decided to give skyrim a go.

I will test this setup and give feedback.

I am also struggling between Boss and Loot but i guess i'll try loot and pray for the best :-).

good luck for tbe 2.9 update

drop Oblivion recently since I get a new pc (5 i4670k + 780ti + 16G) and decided to give skyrim a go.I will test this setup and give feedback. I am also struggling between Boss and Loot but i guess i'll try loot and pray for the best :-). good luck for tbe 2.9 update

Thanks, feedback is appreciated. Since Step supports Loot since 2.9 I will switch to LOOT and update the guide with missing Loot rules. This means I won't make any more Boss rules. Therefore Loot is recommended. Edited by dreadflopp

For magic: Empowered Magic, Mastered Magicka, all of EnaiSiain's magic mods (and his races, standing stones, thunderchild mods), Combat Caster and Smart Cast.For combat: DUEL, SIC+SIC-HLE (external download on the SIC page)+Revenge of the Enemies (use the patch for ROE from the SIC installation), ERSO Enemy AI (not on nexus), DFB Random Encounters, Monster Mod, Deadly Dragons, ASIS (spells, potions, enchanting fix)For perks: That's kinda tricky but the main ones are: Trade and Barter, Stealth Skills Rebalanced, Better Eagle Eye Redux, CCO, SPO, WAF, CCF (these 4 are all from kryptopyr and complement each other), Enchanting Awakened, Better Vampires, Moonlight Tales, Bloodmoon RisingI don't use any of the ACE modules, simply because they need compatiblity patches to support other weapons and armor mods. Although the archery one looks really nice...

Any major conflicts among combat / perk mods? Thanks.

Any major conflicts among combat / perk mods? Thanks.

I use all of the mods that I listed together. There are no major conflicts.

Since Step supports Loot since 2.9 [...]

Oh sweet Step 2.9 is out. I'll stick to BOSS until I feel comfortable with LOOT though.

Edited by blattgeist

A few more questions.

- Do you use Better Leveling at all? What is your preferred settings?

- Do you use Morrowloot?

Thanks again. 

1: Not exactly. But my personal settings for the community uncapper are quite hardcore too: 0.33 expgainmult for all skills. Max cap is 300 for all. Max formulacaps are at 200 for all, except for "sensible" skills which should cap before that (formulacap at 150 for these) in order to not become overpowered (Alchemy, Enchanting, Smithing, Sneak, Lockpicking, Pickpocket). Carry weight gain is 5 for all stat choices on lvl up. every 10 lvls gives a bonus stat gain of 10. i.e. instead of 10 magicka you gain 20 magicka when reaching lvl 40. That's just a little bonus that I wanted for myself.. to have some goals to look forward to when leveling.

It should look like this in the uncapper ini:

bUseMagickaAtLevelUp=1, bUseHealthAtLevelUp=1, bUseStaminaAtLevelUp=1

[HealthAtLevelUp]

2=1010=2011=1020=2021=10

Well you get the gist of it I guess.

2: No I don't use Morrowloot because I don't see a problem with finding better gear a bit more often.. most of it does not give much profit because of very high "Trade & Barter" settings (10-15x lower selling- and higher buying prices). To each their own though. The main reason why I don't use it is the need to patch my other mods to work well with it though... too much maintenance for me. But that does not mean that morrowloot is bad or anything.. maybe I'll switch to it in the future because the mod's idea is good.

Edited by blattgeist
  • +1 1