Dreadflopps Modular patches

EBT is the worst of the culprits, I CTD repeatably with it on when ever there are larger than usual NPC spawns, I love the mod as much as the next guy, but trust me on this, your testing will give you the same results.  I have never had issues with ASIS perks or spells and apart from the standard recommended SKSE ini settings you can't do much to help there.

@GarfinkWith Harvest Overhaul, do you recommend to add any bash tag to Harvestoverhaul.esp / Harvest overhaul creature.esp? Thanks.

No tags.

Hmm.. I wasn't thinking about MMO's philosophy at all when I checked it on TES5Edit. Yeah, I guess it would conflict a little but then really, thaiusmle, you're better off just not installing the creature module at all, I mean, what's the point?

However, with You Hunger practically removing any food available in the whole freakin land, hunting is really the way to go and this mod (at least v2.7.1, which I'd been using for god knows how long) doesn't overdo it. I mean, getting 3-4 horker meats from a horker seems reasonable. The thing I never really liked was that you'd found carrots and cabbages when looting elks and boars, like what, they're in pristine condition after they've been digested or what? But I just ignored those so no big deal. What I really liked was that it removed treasure from any creature (no more finding 8 septims inside a wolf!) and added useless stuff like a troll skull when looting amm.. trolls. You Hunger probably also removes treasure from creatures, right?

• +1 1

EBT is the worst of the culprits, I CTD repeatably with it on when ever there are larger than usual NPC spawns, I love the mod as much as the next guy, but trust me on this, your testing will give you the same results.  I have never had issues with ASIS perks or spells and apart from the standard recommended SKSE ini settings you can't do much to help there.

See, the thing is that I'm not ctding on large enemy spawns. I was ctding at very odd places, like save reloads, loading the exterior when coming out of the riverwood trader, and out in the wilderness. I had like 10 nps wailing on me outside of Morvunskar and my rig was handling it fine. I did get one CTD inside the inn at Kynesgrove that involved an additional three spawns in the inn, but that's really the only thing where I'd point and say that there was more than the usual number of enemy npcs hanging around. I went through my papyrus logs and I think I've found some possible culprits. I may continue to use EBT and see if I'm still getting issues. Hoping that cleaning out these mods that are giving me error messages in my papyrus logs will help out.

Edited by zombiecurse

Just a quick bit of feedback on this awesome pack which now forms the basis of Skyrim for me.

I don't think it's possible to run full STEP Extended, Full REGS, and FULL MMO in Skyrim's engine with anything approaching stability. It's not that the mods conflict, it's that you're just asking too much of the game, regardless of how badass your pc is. A more modular approach may go a long way. I know even Garfink with God's Gift to Gaming Computers isn't running the full setup. :)

For the Professions mod do we need to install the main version or we can install the MCM version? Also, the kuerteeProfessions.ini from the Dropbox link doesn't change anything, the values are the same as the original mod.

Edited by Lonewolf

Big update that at least some people were waiting for:

* 14-06-19 Updated all patches and made them more modular. Updated some text in the introduction of the guide to reflect this. Removed WIP tag
* 14-06-19 Added NicoPads recommendations
* 14-06-19 Added Traps make noise, Better fast travel, Realistic Room Rental Basic, Dodge mod, Smarter Combat Music, Yield 2.0, Spectraverse, Dwemerverse
* 14-06-19 Added instructions for Reproccer in the patchers section
* 14-06-19 Added SkyRe_main.esp which was missing from the guide.
* 14-06-19 Added instructions to Skyrim Immersive Creatures to fix a compatibility issue with Run for your lives
* 14-06-19 Added BOSS/LOOT rules for High level enemies - Hardcore and Aurora. Added instructions to Aurora.

Since I don't use SkyRe and Garfink is on vacation I need some help reviewing the ReProccer section. I didn't add much information. Please check if it is run in the correct order and if some more information is needed.

For the Professions mod do we need to install the main version or we can install the MCM version? Also, the kuerteeProfessions.ini from the Dropbox link doesn't change anything, the values are the same as the original mod.

Use the MCM version, updated the guide descriptions to reflect that. As for the .ini, we'll have to wait for Garfink to answer that.

Just a quick bit of feedback on this awesome pack which now forms the basis of Skyrim for me.

I don't think it's possible to run full STEP Extended, Full REGS, and FULL MMO in Skyrim's engine with anything approaching stability. It's not that the mods conflict, it's that you're just asking too much of the game, regardless of how badass your pc is. A more modular approach may go a long way. I know even Garfink with God's Gift to Gaming Computers isn't running the full setup. :)

Thank you! You are probably right. Full REGS/STEP: Extended is probably a little to much. The patches are updated now and it is easier to make a custom install.

• +1 1

Quick question regarding ASIS.. I think I could get it to work.. since now only an error message saying "this patcher requires the following mods, please add them to your load order: ASIS-Dependency.esp" pops up when trying to patch. Yes I have the esp in my load order at the very bottom. But I'm sure I can somehow get that sorted.

The question though is.. with a super heavily modded game, would it be safest to only use the ASIS spell feature or even some others? I run "ERSO Better Enemy AI", "Enemy AI Overhaul" (Erso and EAIO are both compatible btw. since they actually do different things), "Deadly Dragons", "Immersive Creatures", "DFB Random Encounters", "DUEL", "High Level Enemies", "Monster Mod", "Yash unleveled Enemies", "Apocalypse Spells", several quest mods like "Falskaar", "Wyrmstooth", "Moonpath to Elsweyr" ... well I think you get the gist of it.

I'm pretty sure that several of these mods add potions to some monsters, perks to make them stronger (like "Immersive Creatures"), add variety to spawn amounts ("Immersive Creatures"). So I think the automatic perks, increased spawns, customized AI, customized GMST and spawn randomizer should be unchecked, right?

Am I safe to use the following settings for my heavily modded game? --> NPC Potions, NPC Enchant Fix, Automatic Spells.

Edit regarding Potions: "This feature will add potions to NPC's.  Requires version 1.6.89, and is currently undergoing some issues and thus may not work as intended." So hands off I guess.

I generally don't like to think too much about exclusions when looking at the ASIS ini file. I prefer to have no exclusions (except for Dragons regarding spells) then to have a big list in there. The motto is "make it ready to go and ready for the future". That's why I think that mostly spells and that enchant fix (is that one really needed?) should be in the list. But I need clarification for that.

On another but related note to the topic about the exclusions: Has anyone found out why the particular mods, like "DFB Random Encounters", are in the exclusion list of ASIS? I guess it is because of the increased spawns in the mod, that are handled via the MCM.

If I rather should not ask that question here then pardon me. I just thought it would be a good place since we talk about mod compilations and ASIS troubleshooting has been mentioned here before.

Edit: Btw. a "Consistent Older People" patch for "NPCs Protected Redux" is up now (only for the main version of the mod, which does not exclude elves). If you visit the page please adore my new banner, which was kindly offered by GhostAgent. ::D:

Edited by blattgeist

It's a relevant questions but not one that I can answer though I'm afraid. Garfink checks in now and then from his vacation and I am sure he can answer this. NicoPad may have some insight too.

Edit: thanks Blattgeist for the TES5Edit SIC/Run for your lives fix, added it to the guide.

Edited by dreadflopp

Thanks for the new patches.  They look really well thought out and look like they'll work really well to bring all of these mods together.

I've been using Harvest Overhaul with this pack and it seems to fit in very well, especially the creatures add on.  The main esp has options in the mcm to keep the harvests lite so you get the random component but also prohibit it from giving you too much of any item while the creatures esp removes gold, flora and other items from the loot of creatures, all which seems to really fit into the philosophy this pack it trying to follow.  The creatures esp must be loaded after skytest, if you use that, and must be excluded from the bashed patch or else it simply brings forward all of the other creatures loot along with the harvest overhaul - creatures.esp changes.  I tried to use this with hunterborn but gave up on hunterborn because the scripts were slowing down the menus and, though it might be realistic, taking 6+ hours to loot an animal takes away from the game too much, in my option (just looting the bear in the initial helgen cave would cause me to finally exit the cave in the middle of the night!).  I really liked how it prohibited you from looting monsters and spiders, however, and brought hunting knives into the game in order to properly skin an animal but, in the end, it just wasn't worth the problems it was causing.

Another mod I've been using and really, really like is Ultimate Combat when used with Duel Combat.  It should be loaded before Duel, which boss does automatically, and really adds to the combat by giving better individual npc ai, whereas duel adds to the "pack mentality" ai, while also giving many of the features of tk dodge to the npcs.  They will dodge, roll, jump back, etc... while also kicking, hitting low, and doing different power bashes in combat, without any of it being feeling to "arcade" but instead fitting in realistically and seamlessly.  Since using those two together my combat has been absolutely awesome.  Also, using Ultimate combat has fixed the problem I was having with duel's problem of way too slow stamina regeneration.  UC has an mcm option to increase stamina regen, as well as other options to tweak as well.  If using skyre one needs to set the "weapon swing cost" in the mcm to zero otherwise it will reset all of the weapon values to vanilla.  Once this is set to zero the weapons will switch back to the reprocc values after just a few minutes.  This is discussed on the UC mod page.

Hi dreadflopp,

I saw that in your patches archive there is a Duel-WAF patch.esp. Now, this is coming from memory; I am not home to check it and it has been quite some time since i installed duel, BUT...

I remember that there were 1-2 records conflicting with WAF within Duel but IIRC these records are ITMs. Again, IIRC, Duel has 7 ITMs and it needs cleaning. At least this is what LogRaam has said in Nexus forums when he was asked if his mod should be cleaned or not. His words: "It is safe to clean. And it is safe too to let them there if you don't use a mod that got overriden by the ITM."

Is this true or I do not remember correctly? If this is true then this patch is not needed, right?

Thank you!

Edited by Astakos

Hi dreadflopp,I saw that in your patches archive there is a Duel-WAF patch.esp. Now, this is coming from memory; I am not home to check it and it has been quite some time since i installed duel, BUT...I remember that there were 1-2 records conflicting with WAF within Duel but IIRC these records are ITMs. Again, IIRC, Duel has 7 ITMs and it needs cleaning. At least this is what LogRaam has said in Nexus forums when he was asked if his mod should be cleaned or not. His words: "It is safe to clean. And it is safe too to let them there if you don't use a mod that got overriden by the ITM."Is this true or I do not remember correctly? If this is true then this patch is not needed, right?Thank you!

Not at my computer but it is probably correct. Will clean duel tonight and see what happens. If so the patch is not needed.

As Astakos suggested, cleaning Duel - Combat Realism.esp removes the need for it's patch (#51). Deleted the patch and added this to the guide.

Edit: if there are other mods in the guide that you (not you Astakos, you anyone) know for certain needs cleaning, please report them here so I can add it to the guide. I also know that some mods are missing BUM rules. If you find any, please report those too. Since I'm doing patches I have a full STEP 2.8 Extended install, which uses BOSS. Therefore I'll keep using BOSS until 2.9 is out.

Edited by dreadflopp

Cleaning DUEL is kinda important if you are going to use the DLCs. Cause if I remember correctly there is at least 1 that overrides a fear spell of DLC1 Dawnguard.

Ok.. I'm gonna post my own cleans here. Looking at the overhaul list there are tons of mods that I use myself too.

Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp (Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim, v. 5.08): Entries from USKP transferred (Quest: MGRitual04).

EnchantingAwakened.esp (Enchanting Awakened, v. 1.61 - Installation: 00 Required Files -- DB and DG -- NoFX, MagicPower): Entries from USKP transferred (Object Effect: dunEnchWeaponFrostmere01-06 - Effect added; MGRKeeningEnchantment - Enchantment Cost; EnchRobesFortifyMagickaRate04 - Base Enchantment; EnchWeaponDraugrMagicAxe - EnchantmentCost + Enchantment Amount + Duration; EnchWeaponDraugrMagicSword - Base Enchantment. Some changes left out on purpse, cause they are possible intended by the author: soul trap changes from USKP. Magic Effect: DLC2EnchFireDamageFFContact50 + DLC2EnchFrostDamageFFContact50 + DLC2EnchShockDamageFFContact50 UDBP conditions left out on purpse cause of "Or" conditions. 

Where exactly is the conflict with Thunderchild? I need to take a look at Enchanting Awakened again. Ah this one... 03007CB3 <DLC01_SoulTearTrapFFActor>

I'll just load the mod after Thunderchild since I consider all of EA's changes to soul trap related effects, spells or perks more important. Only using the DB file would mean missing on a lot more than simply that perk effect. Simply compare the DG+DB file with the DB only file. Lots of white stuff in tes5edit.

Ah well I'll post some more.

BFT Ships and Carriages - HF.esp(Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships - German Translation, v.3.60V2): Entries from USKP, Dragonborn.esm transferred (Non-Player Character (Actor:Guthrum, DalanMerchad, RavamVerethi; Dialog Topic: 000CDF9E - USKP Condition added, 000185DC + 000185D5 + 000185DA + 0009E666 - Response Flags // Worldspace: 0009A38E - DataPosition/Rotation, 000092DD - Region, 000090B0 - XLCN, 000DAF78 - Name-Base, 000DAF79 - Name-Base, 0001A27F - XCLW, 0000B4B9 - MHDT, 000092BC - Region Dawnguard Navmesh batch, 00037EE6 -XCLR Regions). USKP added as master.

Immersive Weapons.esp (Immersive Weapons - german, v.1.5): Entries from "USKP" (Non-Player Character (Actor): ? <-- not sure what I did there, that was one of my first forwards; NPC (Actor): Gabriella - Item switch, EncBandit04TemplateMelee - QNAMTexture Lighting, CWCourierImperial - Template Flags+SNAM Factions // Leveled Item: LitemWarlockDagger - Leveled List Entry add) transferred. +USKP added as master.

Cloaks.esp (German Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade, v. 1.4): Entries from USKP transferred (NPC (Actor): IdolafBattleBorn - Packages + QNAM Texture Lighting // Outfit:CWSoldierImperialSoldierOutfit - INAM Items switch; // Cell: 000152AD - XEZN,  00013A89 - XCCM, 00013813 - XCCM, 00087764 - XEZN, 000EEC53 - XEZN, 000152BA - XCCM, 0001529C - XCCM, 0001677A- XCMO, 00022F52 - XCCM, 00013818 - XCCM, 00033D68 - XCCM, 000A9194 - XCCM, 000EF324 - XCCM, 000EF325 - XCCM).

Resplendent - The Races package.esp (Resplendent - Races of Skyrim, v. 1.04): Entries from USKP/UDGP transferred (Race: ArgonianRace - PowerAttackBash; NordRaceVampire - Male Head Data,Tint Masks, Female Head Data; ArgonianRaceVampire - Model; BretonRaceVampire - Tint Masks, Female Head Data, Tint Masks; DarkElfRaceVampire - Male Head Data; HighElfRaceVampire - Data Flags-> add headtrack anims; ImperialRaceVampire - Male Head Data -> Tint Masks, Female Head Data, Tint Masks; RedguardRaceVampire - Male Head Data -> Tint Masks, Female Head Data, Tint Masks;WoodElfRaceVampire - Height, Male Head Data; OrcRaceVampire - Male Head Data, Female Head Data).

Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp + Thunderchild Wyrmstooth Patch.esp (Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package, v.1.07): Masters sorted. Entries from USKP/UDGP transferred (Magic Effect:VoiceFrostBreathEffect3 - Sound; VoiceMakeEthereal - Script MagicBeginLoppened; Quest: DLC2Init - Script Property AshspawnAttachChancePercent removed // Cell: 00087764 - XEZN //Worldspace: 0001691D - MHDT). Elemental Fury Change left out on purpose. Ethereal Shout Fix transferred, cause not fixed by the mod. Shout NAM1 Response texts left out intentionally cause I'm not sure about these.

Rebirth Monster - SIC Patch.esp (Skyrim Immersive Creatures by lifestorock + High Level Enemies unscaled SIC Edition, v. 6.5.2, DE): Entries from USKP transferred (Non-Player Character(Actor): dunGeirmundSigdis, dunFolgunthur_MikrulGauldurson - MagicNoDisintegrate Keyword+Count). Masters sorted.

Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp (Skyrim Immersive Creatures by lifestorock + High Level Enemies unscaled SIC Edition, v. 6.5.2, DE): Entries from USKP transferred (Cell: 000A013B - XCMO,00054D0E - XCLW, 00052FEB - XCLW // Worldspace: 000092BC - Region, 000092BC - Region Dawnguard navmesh batch, ).

Traps Are Dangerous.esp (Traps Make Noise - More Dangerous Traps, v.2.01): personal bugfix to prevent CTD in in connection with "Ignition Gas" (Object Effect: 0010A26D<TrapExplosiveGasEnch01> - magnitude values set to 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50). 

Edited by blattgeist