Dreadflopps Modular patches

Regarding conflict resolution, is it still a good idea to follow the guide from SR:LE?

If you use SR:LE you need to do that, not otherwise.

Regarding ASIS.esp, Dual Shealth Redux Patch.esp, ReProccers.esp, NPC Enchant Fix.esp - Do we need to sort masters with TES5edit at all?

I don't know if it's necessary, SR:LE (Neovalen) advices you to do that. My guess is it is not necessary. I haven't switched to LOOT yet, but if LOOT uses masters order in plugins (it does right?) it would be advisable to sort them. Sort them to be safe!

To anyone that would wan't to know here are my recommandations :

NicoPad’s recommandations :
Those recommandations are due to somewhat a not so powerful Computer with limitations (essentially when coming to scripts and spawns)
I recommend using garfink economy and leveled world with SPERG.
Ace byog starting attributes 5.
Better levelling for SPERG.
Difficulty set to Adept.
For asis : only for potions and npc enchant fix (no additional spawns and autoperks, bandits with 30 or so perks does not seem realistic.)
Trade and barter installed but not started in MCM menu. (caused ctd’s when opening trade menus)
Skytweak : weight to 100. timescale to 10. healthregen : 0,10 fbartermin and max to Garfink setting 3.5 and 7.5
Warmonger not installed. (caused ctd’s when trying to wear or smith some items)

style="font-family: times new roman;">

Sorry, but I'm going to try and hijack this forum for a moment.

Does anyone on here use a tes5edit merged patch?  No, not a merged patch but a merged patch (which I'm going to call a comprehensive patch, or comp patch, from now on.  It's insanely confusing that they are given the same names.  Comp patches...join the revolution!)  Anyway, I've never used one before but have seen it referred to enough that I thought I should try it and I'm finding it is great for bringing all of the fractions forward as well as the perks from obis, roe, skyre, etc...  I'm wondering if anyone can tell me things I should beware of when creating it.  I know to delete the leveled lists and let the bashed patch handle those but what about keywords, for instance.  Is there any reason not to allow those to be brought forward?  As near as I can tell these are the main things that are changed in the records and most seem like it is good to be brought forward but, for instance,   "fortify damage resistance" under "magic effect" doesn't have the keyword "magicencfortifysmithing" under skyremain.esp, it does have it under enchanting awakened.esp, but is gone again in the enchanting awakened skyre patch.  Ultimately the comp patch brings it forward, along with the other keyword "xxxenchdamageresist" but I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  In fact, I really have no idea what, exactly, the keywords do and how badly they are needed.

Any thoughts, suggestions or guidance on the comp patch in general would be great.  Thanks.

Edited by cstarkey42

Nope, doesn't work if you just cart-Blanche make a merge patch for everything, its simply too stupid and some things SHOULD NOT be brought forward.  But I have successfully used it to make conflict patches for specific mods, even with just 2-3 mods active, I would still manually comb through the resultant patch to ensure it is doing what I intend it to do.  

[shot the hijacker.]

Edited by Garfink

Thanks.  It seems to work for factions and keywords but, yeah, the npc list way too long to edit with skyre, roe and obis and it wants to bring a lot of the IWs forward instead.  I was hoping that your edited version would limit it to some weaker weapons so it wouldn't be a big deal.  Playing with it worked, at least, but a lot of the bandits seemed to have some strong gear for an MMO play through.  It's tough to tell with obis redone though.  I don't know why that mod has to add sooo much op gear.  I'm thinking of dropping it and just using obis but he's talking like the next update will be fairly comprehensive and include bandit patrols so idk.  Once I got past the first few bandits, however, they all had fairly weak gear so it's really tough to tell.  With RoE, obis and skyre, however, it's really nice how it brings all of the perks forward along with some of the other records.

Sorry for the hijack but doing a google search gets nothing but merged plugins, "bashed merged patches", etc...  I found some good info from Diennes on the lootification page and sharlikans video but that's about it.  They're both really good intros and then some but don't answer some of the questions I have so I posted the question on the three forums I'm constantly checking, SRLE, REGS and MMO.  I figured I might irk some people but, dude, I didn't expect you to shoot me.  Harsh.

I  see you're trying to make this more modular. Appreciate that, as I've been trying to carve out a specific piece of your pack to use with my own custom step install. Specifically, I want to take High Level Enemies, Skyrim Immersive Creatures, Revenge of the Enemies and ASIS, and apply it to STEP Core and STEP: Real Explorer's Guide (REG), with a few (maybe more than a few) personal choice mods thrown in. I'm wondering if you could tell me specifically what some of the patches you've provided do and which ones I would need to use? I see you have a replacer file for High Level Enemies - SIC and I'm wondering if this would be necessary for just a Core + REG install or if it's patching something that would be in STEP Extended? Also wondering about the midianborn_contentaddon -  Step Patch and Revenge of the enemies - Step Patch. Would these be necessary to make these mods work with a Core + REG install? I already use midianborn textures with CORE + REG and it seems to work fine. Is this specifically affecting something that's included in the gameplay overhaul pack?

I'm asking because I installed Skyrim Immersive Creatures, HLE - SIC Edition and Revenge of the Enemies using ASIS and ASIS Improved ini files. I also used the custom ASIS inis that you provided in the pack guide in the hopes that it would weed out any unnecessary stuff from SIC, HLE and RoTE. I started a fresh game and it seemed to be working fine until I got out of the starter cave during the escape from Helgen. Instant ctd. I didn't use any of the patches provided as I didn't see anything about them being necessary for any mods included in STEP Core or REG, but I was hoping you could confirm.

Edit: So the game doesn't crash right off the hop all the time. But it does eventually crash. I had it (relatively) stable up until this point. Had been testing things out for quite a while and only had one crash on a loaded save and one infinite hanging screen. Installing safety load seemed to take care of the infinite loading screen, although it could just be coincidence that it hasn't happened again.

Also posted my load order below in case anyone wants to take a look. Yes, I know I'm getting close to the limit. Currently at 251 active mods, haven't run out of hex assignments yet . . .

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espFalskaar.esmWyrmstooth.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmClimatesOfTamriel.esmETaC - RESOURCES.esmLanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esmmannyBlackRock.esmmannyDragonhead.esmORS_MorthalPain.esmORS_SolitudeGate.esmWinterholdDestruction.esmREGS - Resources.esmHighResTexturePack01.espHighResTexturePack02.espHighResTexturePack03.espVLCollisionFix.espUnofficial High Resolution Patch.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espADS.espAOS.espBWS.espDragonShoutVoice.espIHSS.espImproved Combat Sounds v2.2.espCutting Room Floor.espTradeBarter.espAuto Unequip Ammo.espBring Out Your Dead.espClamsDropPearls.espDead Body Collision.espfFastTravelSpeedMult_4.espFISS.esplm_astronach.espMoss Rocks.espMoss Rocks_DB.espORM-Arvak.espPilgrimsDelight.espPoint The Way.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.espSkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.espTraps Make Noise.espHigh Level Enemies - SIC.espHigh Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.espNoxUE2.00.espRaceMenu.espRaceMenuPlugin.espSkyUI.espAvatar of Baltazar.espAvatar Of Grenth.espBigger Badder Lich King Version 2.0.espBigger Badder Lich King additional Smaller Versions.espBlackSacramentArmor.esp1nivWICCloaks.espContractor Armor.espdaedricassassinarmorlight.espdaedricmaskeng.espDaggerCraft.espdragonpriestmasks.espElemental Staves.espEvil MasterMind Armor.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espExplosiveBoltsVisualized.espHell Sword.espHothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.espHothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.espImmersive Weapons.espInquisitor Set.espKTAAncientShroudedArmor.espKTABladeOfWoe.esplefthandrings.espLore Weapon Expansion - Goldbrand.espMedusa and Drakul Armors.espThanatos Dragonx.espWarglaive of Azzinoth.espDr_Bandolier.espDr_BandolierDG.espDeadlyDragons.espDeadlyMonsters.espAdalMatar.espAethernautics.espquest_andtherealmsofdaedra.espApple garden.espBetter City Entrances - All in one.espcleaner_castlevolkihar3.espCollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.espCWIDawnDragonPatch.espCWINPCImprovements.espDaggercross_Alley.espDragonmournInn.espFH_Plaguesword.espGildergreen Regrown.espgonkishvampdens.esptos_granitehall.espHallsOfDovahndor.espHebrock_Der Schatten von Meresis - EV.esphigh hrothgar overhaul.espImmersive Orc Strongholds.espInconsequential NPCs.espInconsequential NPCs - CRF Compatibility Patch.espInns and Taverns.espKhalSpellmakingMod.esplosttomb.espMagic of the Magna-Ge.espMzarkWonders.espDawnofRiften.espNightingale Hall.espquest_nomercy.espORS_ChaptersLinker.espORS_DremoraUpdate.espquest_pitfighter.espquest_pitfighter_dlc01.espReaper's The Dark Tower.espRun For Your Lives.espWhen Vampires Attack.espquest_seaofghosts.espSky Haven Temple M&M3.espSnowbound Acres.espTheDomain.espThe Paarthurnax Dilemma.espthesnakepit.espThunderchild - Epic Shout Package.espDragon Soul Relinquishment.espUndeath.espThunderchild Wyrmstooth Patch.esplightweight potions and poisons.espAppropriately Attired Jarls Redux.espDistant DetailHF.espDiversePriests.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espSkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.espRebirth Monster.espRebirth Monster - SIC Patch.espConvenient Horses.espdD - Enhanced Blood Main.espdD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.espdD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.espSoul Gems Differ - E.espThieves Guild Requirements.espskyforgedWeapons.espaMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.espREGS - Better Docks.espDarkbroSanctuary1.0.0.espDrinking Fountains of Skyrim.espRBB Long and Row Boats - REGS.espRBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix.espETaC - Complete.espETaC - Complete Plaguesword Patch.espETaC - Complete Taverns Patch.espETaC - Complete LoS Patch.espExpandedWinterholdRuins.espETaC - Complete EWDR Patch.espHelgen Reborn.espRavenRockExpanded.esptos_amber_guard.esptos_laintardale_hf.espUnderstone Keep Repair.espHearthfireChimneysFalskaar.espHearthfireChimneys - ETaC.espOblivion Gates v3 without Markers - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.espBetterDGEntrance.espUniqueBorderGates-All.espUniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.espUniqueBorderGates-All-BetterDGEntrance.espPrometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.espPrometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock.espDawnofWindhelm.espBFT Ships and Carriages.espProvincial Courier Service.espRealisticRoomRental.espREGS - Cities.espETaC - Complete NSutR Patch.espREGS Patch - CRF.espREGS Patch - NSutR + RRR.espEnhancedLightsandFX.espELFX - NoTaverns.espELFX - Dawnguard.espELFX - Dragonborn.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.espClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.espSupreme Storms - Cot Version.espCoT-WeatherPatch.espCoT-WeatherPatch_DB.espCoT-WeatherPatch_Snow-40.espCoT-WeatherPatch_SupStorms.espCoT-WeatherPatch_NL4.espELFXEnhancer.espDVA - Dynamic Vampire Appearance.espBetter Vampires.espDarkManeuvers.espPredator Vision.espBrevi_MoonlightTales.espBloodmoonRising.espApocalypse - The Spell Package.espMidas Magic Expanded.espssapbwk.espBFSEffects.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espForgottenMagic_Redone.espThe Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.espVampirelordroyal.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espBeards.espBrows.esp3DNPC.espETaC - Complete 3DNPCs Patch.espMoonAndStar_MAS.espREGS Patch - 3DNPC.espREGS Patch - Riften NavFull.espRRR_3DNPC-Patch.espSPTConsistentOlderPeople.espblaze of eventide.espmoveitLWT.espNonEssentialChildren.espAmazingFollowerTweaks.espAnimated Weapon Enchants.espDawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.espPurewaters.espRealisticWaterTwo.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espRealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.espRealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.espWatercolor_for_ENB_RWT.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.espbarenziahquestmarkers.espAFT_iNPCFix.espBVandRB_Formlist.espCWIELnFXPatch.espETaC - Complete ORS Patch.espETaC - Complete Fountains Patch.espRRR_ELFX-Patch.espBashed Patch, 0.espASIS-Dependency.espASIS.espAOS_Reduced_Reverb_Addon.espSMIM-FarmhouseFlickeringFix.espSMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixes.espSMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.espSTEP Core Patch.espETaC - Complete BFT Patch.espETaC - Complete ELFX Patch.espLore Weapon Expansion - Daedric Crescent.espLore Weapon Expansion - Relics of the Crusader.espDarkwaterDen.espAurora - Standing Stones of Skyrim.espColdharbourDaedra.espEnhancedENBNightEye_withPredatorVisionPatch.espMoonAndStar_Undeath_compat.espMighty Magick - Merged.espnightingale agent armour black - thegreylight.esp

Edited by zombiecurse

I can generally say that almost all the patches are to bring forward changes that the mod lower on the load order overwrites.  So that we retain the full and intended function of the mod above.  In cases where the mods cover the same thing, we choose which mod is more appropriate.  In most cases NOT having patches will NOT break the game or cause CTDs, just somethings just won't work as intended.

As for your more specific questions, I will leave those to our residence patcher Dreadflopp to answer.

WIP will be removed in a couple of weeks. Currently splitting patches to make them more modular. Will go through all updated mods and patch them if needed after that. Add a few mods and remove WIP. My time is limited atm, which is why it will take a couple of weeks.

When I'm done splitting patches I'll upload them and you'll know exactly what they are patching. Will do that in a couple of days.

HLE - SIC replacer is a morrowloot patch and only needed if you use morrowloot.

I don't remember what amidianborn content addon and RotE step patches does and I am writing from my phone. But you can easily check the patches masters to know what they patch. They may also patch guard dialogue overhaul, clothing and clutter fixes or weapons and armor fixes. These three mods don't need to be masters to their patches.

As Garfink said, the patches aren't necessary. Without them you could miss out a high level enemy/RotE enemy. If you use frostfall an npc might not wear a cloak. If you use morrowloot without patches high level gear will be added back. Stuff like that.

Edited by dreadflopp
  • +1 1

P.S.

Oh and for "insert whom ever you believe in" sakes, don't install Safety Load it doesn't do anything not placebo and won't fix anything.  Try uninstalling heavily scripted mods Enhanced Blood Textures, Wet & Cold, Footprints (seriously try this, it will fix most of CTDs).  If you install our pack and still run a zillion heavily scripted mods you are bound to CTD especially when there are a lots of NPCs spawning.  (and to reiterate, it has nothing to do with install or not install our patches.)

(Just in case:  use Ugrid 5 and no more, if my machine can't handle it then yours can't too.)

Edited by Garfink
  • +1 1

Thanks for replying. I will test this out . . . I'd rather not uninstall Enhanced Blood, but I will if I have to. I'm going to try modifying my SKSE inis, turning off ASIS perks and spells and redoing my ASIS patch. Also going to roll back to a more stable build using MO and see if I can find the culprit here. Thanks again.