Dreadflopps Modular patches

Oh hey, this pack has gone through some huge developments since last I checked!I would like to ask however whether you guys are able to maintain a stable game with such a high amount of scripting added to the game. I can run SRLE+REGS+ENB stable but back when I madeVEGA (which is by far of a much lower standard than yours) I would still crash from time to time even if everything got patched in tes5edit. I understand this is a WIP but your pack already looks so well developed though :)Could you share if you encounter any script-related issues with this pack? If you guys did succeed in making this a stable, playable game, then wow, mad big props for this massive undertaking!

You will need to uninstall EBT, Footprints and Wet and Cold to get this stable.  There are quite a lot of scripted stuff in this pack and there is almost no chance that it will be stable with these 3 mods installed.  I would install everything and make sure its working first and if you MUST, add ONE of these 3 mods back and see.  I recommend Footprints of the three as it actually have gameplay value.  It helps you pin point invisible opponents added by Resplendent Racial.

I have troubleshooted and playtested this through 160+ levels, solving many many many CTD and game-breaking causes.  It is so much more advanced that the other overhaul guides its not funny.  The size and scope of pack is so large and so beyond Morrowloot that we have toyed with the idea of renaming it.

Edited by Garfink

Oh I would definitely disable, at least temporarily, W&C while testing your pack. I can totally imagine the amount of work that you all have put into the pack already, and the amount of issues/ctds/bugs such a combination of mods provides during development . I have a couple more questions:

1) Garfink, do you use STEP, SRLE, REGS and/or your own custom modlist as a basis and have you tested the gameplay pack on top of that? Just trying to determine the total expected load on the engine that you use during your gameplay. If memory serves me right you have a Titan, no?

2) Did you happen to notice the script latency (can be done with Convenient Horses) when using the mod combination of your Rebalance section G? I'm very much interested in the mods listed under that subchapter.

Edited by Nearox

1) I use STEP and only some of SRLE and Falskaar, Moon & Star, Wyrmtooth, Corners of Skyrim as far as REGS type mods are concern, then its our pack, I have also followers inigo, vilja, iNPC, ICNPC, arrissa and mirai installed.  I use the SkyRe parts of the module.

2) No problems at all, I haven't had that Frostfall script too slow error since uninstalling EBT, footprint and wet/cold.  I am still using freeze/burn effect mod with no problems though.  With these 3 mods install, I can get repeatable CTDs in many big fights.  The only super intensive mod that is in the pack that could be disable via the MCM is resplendent racial's NPC powers, so if you are troubleshooting I recommend disabling this first after you have install our pack. I haven't had issues, but this is where I would start if I did have issues.

Pretty darn stable I'll say, my save games during testing has mods added/deleted all over the place and even then I don't have CTDs.  

I highly recommend the economy mods at the top too, these are an integral part of the Rebalance project too.

Edited by Garfink

Just a quickie. In the SkyRe install section you have the Unofficial Skyrim Redone Patch and in that the instructions say to install the SkyRe_Crafting Fix, except that that is not one of the fixes on offer in that mod or indeed on the updated version of that mod which is on a different site. Is this an error or am I missing something.

Currently have STEP Extended, REGS and the GSRP recommended mods from this pack. Naturally am needing to do quite a bit of merging to get this to fit, should be possible though. That said a great deal of this pack is covered by Requiem - but I am keen to give this a try to see in what ways it can improve on what Requiem does or whether it is just another way of adding  a similar level of difficulty for a lot more effort. I am sure that it is not the latter as why would you have gone to all the trouble to build this if it wasn't worth it. So I am looking forwards to seeing this work (assuming I can get it to work I can be a klutz at times).

::):

You can use SPERG or SkyRe or Resplendent Racials or ASIS or any number of mods in this pack in Requiem?  Nope.  How about Aurora merged with SkyRe? Nope.  Totally different.  You don't have to have a leveled world, you can if you want with this pack.  The game isn't tough at the beginning and a breeze in the end like Requiem, its balanced all the way through... the list goes on.  You'll have to go through this thread to see why we've made the decisions we have.  

This is in no way inspired by Requiem, indeed if anything it was inspired by what I don't like about Requiem.  

Edited by Garfink

You have misread my post. I was in no way criticizing the pack or have I said that it is the same as Requiem only that Requiem seems to cover a lot of the same ground. ASIS works with Requiem, SPERG, SkyRe and resplendent racials are alternatives to what Requiem already does maybe better maybe not but obviously incompatible, because they all do the same thing. Anyone would think that Requiem poked you in the eye or something.

I have been following this pack since before you came on board and I really like what it is trying to do and as I said above I am installing it to give it try, and considering how time consuming that is, you would think that it is not hard to spot the compliments in my original post. I know you don't like Requiem but I have yet to see a good point from yourself against it.

I know that Requiem has a debateable flaw in that as you get above level 50 or so it becomes easier and easier, but that is part of a deliberate design, what would be the point in levelling up if all your fights are going to be the same difficulty, conversely why should you be able to kill a pack of wolves with a sword or bandits when you have not trained with such weapons, only racial variables give you any ability on the assumption that you have had some practice growing up (that is an as yet not available mod idea).

Anyway my post was not about Requiem but your misreading of it demanded a response - which I have given - with respect.

::):

I personally admire what Requiem attempts to accomplish but the mod appears coded purposely to not be compatible. (From the author - "Adding any mod to Requiem WILL break something)  A lot of the scripts are just straight out messes that work passably when you don't attempt to add anything to them but are horrific when trying to add mods considered to be designed with compatability in mind such as Apocalypse.

This pack offers challenge in the form of smarter and more varied enemies. Requiem has a different philosophy.

• +1 1

Hi Garfink,

Few more questions about SkyRe

1) Are you using Unofficial Skyrim Redone Patch update version 2.1 by raulfin? (You can download from file section in SkyRe Compatibility and ReProccer Patches by Xathra) I believe this may includes SkyRe_main replacement esp.

Form sticky post

"The USRPU has been reworked as replacement files for the SkyRe files. It currently includes changes from;Unofficial Skyrim Patches 2.0.3 by Team USKPUnofficial Skyrim Redone Patch by ExImIeR (including script fixes by Steve40 & Non-Persistent BloodMagicFix by whismerhill)Butterfly Slashes/Rising Wings fixDragonrend and Eastern Dwemer Longbow Fix by GrantizBound Weapon Fix by NinjademonTimed Block Perk fixes by Taylor5157"

2) Are you using any of the above fixes? Any problem with Morrowloot Overhaul pack?

Thank you very much.

@thaiusmle

Yes, my replacement SkyRe_Main.esp file is based of this new patch and includes all these fixes as a result.  No problems with the pack.

@smile44

Nor did I meant that defensively, although rereading it did seem rather!  I am tired of (some) Requiem fanboys making sly uninformed comments everywhere, like it was God's blessed Gospel.  Not belittling the author of that mod in anyway, it is a lot more than I could do.  Also tired of comparisons when there isn't need, sure there is overlap but how can there not be overlap, why should there not be more choices, especially when these choices are free?  Thanks for the compliment, its much appreciated.  Thank you.  Sorry to come across with such abruptness.

As for that debatable flaw... there is no debate, its there.  Fun till 40'ish then its all down hill from there.  Its a fact.  Sure it makes the Dragonborn feel powerful but at the cost of gameplay longevity?  

@hellanios

I have never tried those mods, yet...

@everybody

Just some prelim testing of OBIS, my quick and dirty replacements isn't enough, there is a TON of junk the mod adds to the loot that is totally nuts!  There are "heirlooms" and "plates" and stuff like this that is valued over 1000gps!!!  Why on earth did the author add these I don't know.  I think they give some life to the bandits, variety in the loot but no thought to balance.  I will see if I can keep these in the game but make them worth the junk prices they should've had.  I am fixing it now.... standby!!

Don't install Warmonger Armory for now.  There is a Naked Mage/Necromancer bug that needs to be tracked down before use.  Rather distracting.

Edited by Garfink
  • +1 1

I have updated OBIS Redone only (sorry for those that only use OBIS, its a lot of work to support both at the same time.) I have found that there are a TON of loot added by OBIS and especially OBIS Redone that is way overpriced. I have brought these down to Morrowloot acceptable levels without removing them, as these I think add flavor to the OBIS Bandits and can be collectible for those that want to find all these in-game. I am still testing, so more changes are likely.

As for the the SkyRe_Craftingfix.esp, it is a remanant of the old Balbor and Steelsoul SkyRe ReProccer Project and it is obsolete.  So don't bother installing it and we will update the Wiki.  Although adding doesn't break anything, so for those that have it install don't worry too much about it.

@hellanios

I had a look at Storefront, great idea, too bad I have never gotten married in the game yet...  Doesn't seem to break anything with the pack, so having it shouldn't be an issue.

As for Real Estate, I am not so sure about, it adds another form of income into the game and that is probably going to weaken the economy changes I have made.  So not recommended for the pack.  BUT having said that, its an interesting mod.

Edited by Garfink

@hellanios

I had a look at Storefront, great idea, too bad I have never gotten married in the game yet...  Doesn't seem to break anything with the pack, so having it shouldn't be an issue.

As for Real Estate, I am not so sure about, it adds another form of income into the game and that is probably going to weaken the economy changes I have made.  So not recommended for the pack.  BUT having said that, its an interesting mod.

Will you try Storefront then? Also, have you ever tried Stealth Kills for Followers - Standalone?