Dreadflopps Modular patches

Astakos:

Why after Bashed Patch? I thought that loading it (or the individual ones) after their last Master esp would be adequate...

Because it is easier to understand and set up for the majority of the people. Ofc you can just place the support-plugins right after their masters.

Astakos:

If i remember correctly, you select the category that you want to expand (i.e. Magic Effect) and press "*" in the numpad. Depending how big this section is, it will expand itself shortly.

Weeeh thanks!

Garfink:

It would be awesome if you could make patches for Consistent Older People, Endgame NPCs, Bring out your Dead at the very least as these are probably the most popular mods on dreadflopp's list.

I will think about it later when I have more time. At the moment this is not planned, sorry. So feel free to make compatibility patches. I want to keep everything in line with my "Merged Support Plugins" file. That should only include support for mods that the majority of the people use (and that I use myself). And if I add more optionals that file has to include them. I generally don't like the idea of having too many patches for other mods because they clutter the load order. Although BOYD looks very nice, I fail to see the need to use both my mod and BOYD together. Because named NPCs should not really die when you use my mod, unless you kill them.

That does not mean that I won't add support plugins for these mods ever, it simply means that it is not planned at the moment. Another reason is this:

Take BOYD as example: This mod modifies vanilla NPCs, my main mod also modifies vanilla NPCs and comes in 4 different versions. Making a compatiblity patch would mean that I would have to make 4 different versions of the patch, 2 for the basic versions english+german, and 2 more for the uncapped follower versions german+english.

The same goes for the other mods that were mentioned, like Endgame NPC (also vanilla NPCs) overhaul, 4 versions. And if these mods or my mod update I'd have to maintain all of the patches. That's simply too much, sorry guys. :)

But as I said feel free to make patches, just credit and link to my mod if you do.

Phryxolydian:

Garf, tbh even though the whole perk thing has improved since installing your improved ASIS ini files (using HLE Hardcore + Duel), it is still VERY imbalanced. A bandit plunderer (lvl 25) with a longbow one shooting you every single time when you are 20 levels higher than her and with an armor rating of nearly 700 is just nonsensical to me.

That's the reason why I removed the increased damage out of the HLE hardcore file and only let the enemy scaling multipliers in.

@Garfink:

-By the way.. isn't that dodge mod kinda OP? Although I really like it cause it reminds me of Monster Hunter or Dark Souls.

-I deactivated only extended damage in SIC, because it pretty much leads to being oneshot by certain types of enemies. I don't know about the other extended stats yet.. but long fights are kinda cool.

Edited by blattgeist

ASIS

0 50

1 100

2 10

3 2

Reduced Interior Spawns Ticked.

NPC Potions defaut number of potions 2, chance per potion 5

In-Game Difficulty Set to Novice

Install the Dodge Mod : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29258/?

Need to use ASIS AI, Perk, Spells as well.  As well as the other mods in the recommended list.

Where is this option of Reduced Interior Spawns? I don't see it. Btw, have the inis been changed?

I just checked and somehow HLE was tagged with Relev, Delev on my Bashed Patch, maybe this has something to with the uber difficulty?

And I've installed the Dodge Mod, I really thought I'd already done that hmm.. I'm not currently using the Revenge of the Enemies, I'll try this setup first before I give enemies any more power, if you don't mind.  :^_^:

............. Although BOYD looks very nice, I fail to see the need to use both my mod and BOYD together. Because named NPCs should not really die when you use my mod, unless you kill them.

Good point about BYOD and having no one dying with your mod!

As they can die by your hand...wouldn't you want them to have a nice Arthmoorish coffin/grave??  ::D:

Also do not forget quite a few of them have to die when doing the Dark Brotherhood radiant quest.

Edited by Astakos

The reduced interior spawns is in the ASIS mcm menu. Inis are the ones in the pack. Must use revenge if the enemies you milk-drinker! The dodge mod will help a little but it's not useful in all situations.

Edited by Garfink

Garf, tbh even though the whole perk thing has improved since installing your improved ASIS ini files (using HLE Hardcore + Duel), it is still VERY imbalanced. (..) What can I do to make this more balanced and fair? I get the rush of the much more exciting battles with this setup but with this kinds of odds against you it can quickly get tiring and really just takes the fun away imho.

Yeah, the perks I'd really like to give to the NPCs are also the ones that lead to instant deaths, quite often regardless of differences in level.

A more demanding combat experience without that kind of imbalance is achieved by Duke Patrick's, which is, imo, much better than any other combat mod I've used so far (Duel v5, v7; Deadly Combat; Combat Remastered). But you can't simply add it to a "STEP/SRLE/REGS/MMO"-build. Still, if you are a close combat fighter, you won't find a better fit for your character than this combat mod.

I have not yet tried Ultimate Combat with MMO; IIRC, the NPCs act more aggressively with this mod and Mages and archers are better integrated as in Duel.

It's possible to make combat harder in Skyrim, so hard that every little misstep means death.

But I have not yet succeeded in making combat interesting. For my taste, Skyrim is simply too slow for the adrenaline spiked movement that I prefer.

But if you like sneaky/sniper characters, a pretty good balance can be achieved. Skyrim on Adept or Expert; ASIS etc. as suggested by Garfink; Combat Remastered (to get access to the interesting inventory perks for an assassin-oriented character) + Dodge.

You are deadly -- but you die quickly as well .. if you don't plan your retreat in advance.

But that's just not my style and I got bored pretty quickly.

(..)

Although BOYD looks very nice, I fail to see the need to use both my mod and BOYD together. Because named NPCs should not really die when you use my mod, unless you kill them.

Yeah, I was halfway finished with a patch for your MOD and BOYD when I realized that I don't kill those NPCs anyway, so why bother?  But since all the NPCs who die due to scripted events needed a patch, it wasn't a total waste of effort .. hm, need to re-check if I didn't miss any.

The reduced interior spawns is in the ASIS mcm menu. Inis are the ones in the pack. Must use revenge if the enemies you milk-drinker!

Or the ERSO AI.

My fingers already hurt from all this uskp patching... is there a way to switch from the left window in tes5edit to the right one? With a key combination maybe? Maybe it would be best if I ignore cell and worldspace edits :o

Little sidenote: I'm always amazed about what people really want when it comes to mods.. see this new ultra realistic butt bounce mod, almost 300 endorsements in 5 days :o

Ah and thank you for the warm welcome Astakos. Sorry for spelling your name wrong earlier :P

Edited by blattgeist

The reduced interior spawns is in the ASIS mcm menu. Inis are the ones in the pack. Must use revenge if the enemies you milk-drinker! The dodge mod will help a little but it's not useful in all situations.

Haha, will most likely end up doing it, just let me test drive this for a couple hours. Honestly, I must be blind. I never realised ASIS had an MCM menu lol. So wait, does this mean that the values I put for the increased spawns on the Skyproc weren't actually doing anything?

Yeah, the perks I'd really like to give to the NPCs are also the ones that lead to instant deaths, quite often regardless of differences in level.

A more demanding combat experience without that kind of imbalance is achieved by Duke Patrick's, which is, imo, much better than any other combat mod I've used so far (Duel v5, v7; Deadly Combat; Combat Remastered). But you can't simply add it to a "STEP/SRLE/REGS/MMO"-build. Still, if you are a close combat fighter, you won't find a better fit for your character than this combat mod.

Unfortunately, I have a 250+ hour playthrough with Duel running so I'll have to check Duke Patrick's on my next playthrough. It would have been good on this one though cause my character is a one handed/archer Nord beast. Oh well..

I have not yet tried Ultimate Combat with MMO; IIRC, the NPCs act more aggressively with this mod and Mages and archers are better integrated as in Duel.

Another one to try in another playthrough!

Or the ERSO AI.

ERSO looks quite fun, anyone here done playthrough with all modules installed? The beast module looks really cool, and others as well of course. 

As a side not, do you guys only install Moonlight Tales or also Werewolf Mastery when playing a werewolf? With all of these enemy enhancing mods my werewolf is a bit of a wimp at level 45, doesn't stand a chance against ASIS barbarians, archers, etc. But, how do I make it so that the Vigilants Elite are included on ASIS' perk system? Actually, I can't remember if these guys are added by the Immersive Patrols GWNE or by Moonlight Tales..

Edited by phryxolydian

@thommaal

I wouldn't go around calling the balance perfect if you get one shot-ed all the time.  My ASIS perk ini file fixes that problem completely.  No more crazy archers, no more crazy briarhearts.  The thing about my project is that it works almost equally well with all types of characters.  I have been through about 160 levels of characters testing it and have used every archetype imaginable to test.  The only things left out are vampires and werewolves, and you can add better vampires and moonlight tales to make those experiences better.  

One of the side goals of my project is so users don't need to redo the load order in a major way between different types of characters.  There is still room for personalization but no need for fundamental changes.  It is surprising how few people read the Skyrim Redone Guide pdf, which outlines the MASSIVE amounts of changes SkyRe makes to the game and improvements were made to all facets of the game, including stealth. 

As for combat remastered, I don't like how it deviates so far from vanilla and how NPCs don't use the moves.  Duke Patrick's V7 for me.  With Duel V7, the trick to combat is initiative, you need to get in there and stagger the opponent and keep pummeling him, but the reverse is true, if you get a couple of bandits bashing you, you will be dead quick.  (Duke Patrick IS Duel!)

You can still get one-shot-ed when its appropriate with my recommendations, so if you are not wearing armor and you get in close with melee, you will be one shot-ed by most equal level enemies, but if you had oakshield up, you can survive 2-3 hits and if you are wearing orcish armor you can tank and take 6-10 hits, but if you are targeted by a frost spell and you don't have resistances, your orcish armor isn't going to help, and you will die quick.  Everything now works like you expect it to work!  Those fire traps will kill you like the NPCs if you ignite one while you are standing in it.  All this extra challenge without NPCs that are impossible to kill is a very difficult balance to achieve, but I think I've done it.  

Note:  you need to install ALL of my recommendations to get the affect I am talking about.  

Tip:  If you want a real challenge, roleplay a character that WON'T use Dawnbreaker and all those undead dungeons become even more scary.  Even with Dawnbreaker, mobs of 4-5 high level draugr with a mix of melee and magic users will kill you and both your followers IF you don't use your advantages.  You will decimate them if you plan.  After awhile you will become wary.... but come across a couple easy one hit kills and get cocky... then you will die in the next room.

The one thing I have noticed consistently is the Dawnbreaker dungeon with those floatie skeletons is easy, no matter what mods you use.  Is there a mod that makes that dungeon UBER hard?  Just that one dungeon?  I just think Dawnbreaker is too uber a reward for that dungeon really.  Especially when using the pack, its very enticing to make the early trip there to get it.  

Edited by Garfink

New Improved ASIS inis was release, I will be updating my ASIS inis to match tonight.  

@phyryxolydian

Duel V7 is Duke Patrick!

Those figures you used in the ASIS proccer will be the default figures used by the MCM.  The reduce interior spawns is essential with Random Encounters as you will end up with HUGE mobs in dungeons that are impossible to kill without dozens of reloads, especially final stage rooms.  

Early in my testing, I had a Sarthaal that had literally 1000 draugr, it was hilariously fun.  I manage to wade through it ALL with my rather overpowered duel wielder at the time.  Still died many many time.

I was thinking with our morrowloot setup, at level 45 MANY if not most of the NPCs will likely have silver weapons... VERY VERY nasty for Vampires and Werewolves,  I would definitely install moonlight tales and better vampires and give yourself some more advantages to compensate.  Sounds fun though.  I haven't tested vampires/werewolves as yet, but I think they will be harder to play, which should be the case.

@thomaal

ERSO AI is more akin to SkyRe AI and ASIS AI in my experience and more mundane, if you want something more akin to Revenge of the Enemies, try Supernatural AI.

https://worldrpg.altervista.org/sai.html  You could probably run Supernatural AI side by side with Revenge of the Enemies and ERSO AI/ASIS AI/SKyRe AI and still see benefits.  No doubt some of the AI will be overwritten by other AI mods and there will NOT be full support for SIC creatures that are labeled different from vanilla (I guess I could have a look at it in Tes5edit), but it should make the world's creatures more unique and interesting....  

It appears that it covers different creatures than Revenge of the enemies, there is overlap but they are pretty different.

I have just convinced myself to give it a try tonight.... he he he.  This mod makes changes to dragons, so it is recommended to keep deadly dragon on vanilla difficulty... but I have no idea what it would do to DCO dragons, but it does say on the webpage that its compatible.....  Sounds like the vampires become nuts with this mod... Nice...

Edited by Garfink

...you will be one shot-ed by most equal level enemies, but if you had oakshield up, you can survive 2-3 hits and if you are wearing orcish armor you can tank and take 6-10 hits, but if you are targeted by a frost spell and you don't have resistances, your orcish armor isn't going to help, and you will die quick.. Note:  you need to install ALL of my recommendations to get the affect I am talking about.  

I have all of the GSRP mods except DCO, RotE (for now!) and ISD and a lot of the other mods in the pack with the notable exceptions of SPERG and SkyRe (which I will definitely installing on the next playthrough) and I can only dream my player taking 6-10 hits from an archer with the same level as me, are you kidding me?! This is having a match set (and perk) of Orcish armor improved to Flawless (near 700 armor rating). As I've said before, bandits 20 levels lower one shoot me! Buaaa

I'm hesitant to install SPERG on this playthrough, isn't it a bit abrupt to do so on a 45 lvl character? Although I really wish there were more perks available, there aren't a whole lot of perks left which I'm interested in. Still have a good bit to go on the Smithing tree, CCO just makes it so much harder to level up.. I love krypto's mods.

Which reminds me, I think CCO should have the delev tag if using SmithingPO, otherwise you end up being able to craft items you shouldn't be able to.

...If you want a real challenge, roleplay a character that WON'T use Dawnbreaker and all those undead dungeons become even more scary...

Dawnbreaker is helpful but not overpowered imo, if you don't use a mod that alters the stats. It only does 10 points of burn damage other than its unique effect and I don't find its as powerful as a weapon with a much higher enchantment. While I was fighting Durnehviir and all his minions I still died loads, loads of times.

I think CCO relevels daedric weapons when you level up but I've had it for awhile and I haven't seen any changes.

Those figures you used in the ASIS proccer will be the default figures used by the MCM

I figured that's what it was but when I first opened the MCM menu, the Increased Spawns section wasn't displaying the numbers I had put on the proccer. Weird..

...I would definitely install moonlight tales and better vampires and give yourself some more advantages to compensate.  Sounds fun though.  I haven't tested vampires/werewolves as yet, but I think they will be harder to play, which should be the case.

I really wish my PC could handle 1000 draugr in one dungeon. That really does sound like a lot of fun! 

I do use Moonlight Tales and I'm enjoying it so far, just picked Aela back and I'm very much looking forward to having her transform with me. Haven't gone hunting with a fellow werewolf (Sindig) since I was level 25 I think! I'll have to re-read the Better Vampire's mod page, is there any point on installing it if you're not a vampire?

I am loving the idea of this mod:  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45293/? Classic level up.

Awesome find!

Edited by phryxolydian

@phyryxolydian

You are right about dawnbreaker, I am using the daedric dawnbreaker mod and the enchantment is twice as strong on undead but less powerful on regular living monsters.

You're right, my character can't take 6-10 arrows in the face either, probably 2-4 depending on the archer.