Dreadflopps Modular patches

@sartho

Nope, the number of new and surprising bugs never ceases to amaze me.

Same here.. an enemy not attacking anything, instead it takes the punches. I use kill+resurrec command. Suddenly it works (1600 damage elder spriggan lol). Then the other bug or whatever, I am close to Falkreath walk a bit down the road and bam CTD. I reload the save, walk all the way again close to the town, an mcm menu registers because I took longer than before, meanwhile an autosave has been made by my autosave mod. And suddenly I could advance beyond the invisible CTD border. So.. yeah that's Skyrim.

Btw. I don't know if this is the right place to ask. But does anyone know of a mod that removes the sharp outlines of blurry underwater objects or makes them less obvious? See the triangular rock in the background https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=260316954 These sharp outlines even appear on underwater creatures, I sadly could not take a screeny of that Therium blurness that looked like a blob of MS-Paint.

One more regarding our little collection of mods and possible additions. I tested out dynamic loot today. You can even tell it to skip high level loot until you are lvl 40. That's a pretty nice feature. And it takes track of the amount of loot that it has generated (just a simple number). I just don't know if the distribution settings for potions, spellbooks etc are for regular non-dynamic loot too. I hope not. I'll ask that in the comments section of that mod.

Edited by blattgeist

@blattgeist

Missed your previous post about Dynamic Loot.  Indeed an excellent mod that I had been using for some time.  Works quite well with NPC enchancemnt fix too.  Another advantage is that its various enchantments cannot be disenchanted so what you find is what you get.  Very diablo-esk.  It could certainly fit into the mod list.  But it will also add orcish, elvish, ebony, dragonbone and daedric armors/weapons too.  These are probably added via level-lists as usual.  But I suspect that the level-lists for this mod would be a little scary (monotonous) to clear out.  I will have a look for my morrowloot support project.

As for this pack, the problem I see is that this mod nerfs the enchantment tree somewhat.  Sure you can't specify enchantments with this mod like with perks/enchanting.  But you do end up with a lot more enchanted loot then before.  

Having a problem with a part of your mod:

when I use the merged mod for iNpc and iCNPC, my Skyrim won't boot pass the spinning logo.  It just stays there and doesn't CTD.  Odd.  I didn't follow your instruction strictly.  I had it installed below iNPC and iCNPC of course, but I didn't have it running below my Bash Patch like you suggested.  Still its odd that Skyrim won't boot pass the logo...

Edited by Garfink

Had a look at dynamic loot just now... totally script based, it adds the loot via a script, so can't edit the level lists.  It may actually just use your level-lists, in which case it would be automatically compatible with morrowloot.

Testing now.

Thanks, man. 

EDIT: Got an error saying: "Error reading IncreasedSpawns.ini [FactionExclusions], WTFallenAventurerFaction could not be resolved to a faction. Ignoring."

ASIS.esp is missing Wyrmstooth as a master. What parts do I delete from the inis if I don't use Wyrmstooth?

Quickest testing ever.

Cannot recommend Dynamic Loot.  

1)  I set the MCM to low, made all the ore/etc. stuff to 0%, I am level 20, In the first fight I got into after the battle with a couple of elves, the elves dropped an enchanted iron boot immediately that had the following enchantment:

+10% potion power and +10% bow damage

Way too OP really.  If you had a couple of these bow damage armor (which occurs frequently I remember and I have had items with +60%!), you would be pretty unstoppable.  Not to mention the perk investments normally required to get +10% bow damage is pretty high.  Not balanced at all.  

2) The boots were worth 500gp, way too easy to make money.

3) The mod will still drop Orc, Elven items.

Oh well... Its too bad you can't adjust the strength of the enchantments and the value of the newly added enchanted items.

ASIS.esp is missing Wyrmstooth as a master. What parts do I delete from the inis if I don't use Wyrmstooth?

You shouldn't need Wyrmstooth, the ASIS.esp is dynamically generated based on your load-order, if you didn't have wyrmstooth installed, then it should have it as master.

You shouldn't need to delete Wyrmstooth support from the ini file.  But if you want to, I think the ini is labeled sufficiently for you to find Wyrmstooth entries.

When you run ASIS, you don't need ASIS.esp activated. You just need ASIS Dependency.esp activated.

Edited by Garfink

Quickest testing ever.

Cannot recommend Dynamic Loot.  

1)  I set the MCM to low, made all the ore/etc. stuff to 0%, I am level 20, In the first fight I got into after the battle with a couple of elves, the elves dropped an enchanted iron boot immediately that had the following enchantment:

+10% potion power and +10% bow damage

Way too OP really.  If you had a couple of these bow damage armor (which occurs frequently I remember and I have had items with +60%!), you would be pretty unstoppable.  Not to mention the perk investments normally required to get +10% bow damage is pretty high.  Not balanced at all.  

2) The boots were worth 500gp, way too easy to make money.

3) The mod will still drop Orc, Elven items.

Oh well... Its too bad you can't adjust the strength of the enchantments and the value of the newly added enchanted items.

You shouldn't need Wyrmstooth, the ASIS.esp is dynamically generated based on your load-order, if you didn't have wyrmstooth installed, then it should have it as master.

You shouldn't need to delete Wyrmstooth support from the ini file.  But if you want to, I think the ini is labeled sufficiently for you to find Wyrmstooth entries.

When you run ASIS, you don't need ASIS.esp activated. You just need ASIS Dependency.esp activated.

Yeah sorry, I was about to edit my original comment and say that I probably won't use Dynamic Loot, but you were faster lol. There are several reasons that I wrote down to remind myself of that for later "maybe"'s but here goes:

1: It requires 2 esps +1 esm by itself + several compatiblity patches for other mods like immersive armors and weapons.

2: It uses sound descriptors that are not really needed, easily removed with tes5edit though.

3: If I were to use it I had to reduce the drop chance to 1% with all options, because I want valuable loot to be distributed rarely, like super mega rarely! But then I might as well not use the mod at all. I can get rare loot in dungeons after all.

4: I currently use "Enchanting Awakened" which gives the system a new touch. But with dynamic loot enabled I would never ever use enchanting again.

I also considered using that "Upgraded Weapons and Armors" mod. But that has some outstanding script bug and is not supported anymore. Mh yeah. No. ^^

So now.. yeah that's that.

Btw. Your comment about the perfect Skyrim is so true Garfink. I am trying to create the perfect world and for that to happen every mod needs to be known well by the user in order to see what works with eachother.

One thing that never made it into Skyrim is Morrowind's armor system. Sure we have some very special cases where armors are divided into 6-7 parts but that's about it. I really liked Morrowind's system where you had I don't know.. about 11-12 different slots for armor?

Edited by blattgeist

That Upgraded Weapons and Armor is broken has hell, it will crash your game everytime and needs a new total rework.  But even if it did work, it would indirectly nerf the Blacksmith skill in any case.  Good idea otherwise.  Maybe if your "superior" weapon degrades, it would make this mod more balanced.

That Enchanting Awaken Mod looks pretty awesome and it seems to work with SkyRe to boot.  What do you like and don't like about it?  How balanced is it, especially since you are the only person in Tameriel with these powers?   (will need to add it to ASIS's perk exclusion I suspect)  

The reason I haven't installed it as I am worried about incompatibilities.  But definitely on the TRY list, in the next new game start.  I think Enchanting is totally boring even with ALL the changes I've thusfar recommended.  Its definitely useful, even essential at high levels, but boring.

Just had another look at the compatibility/incompatibility sticky for the mod.... no wonder I haven't tried this mod yet, I think I have like 8 mods that are on that list or at the very least require a patch.  It even needs a SkyRe_Main.esp replacement, which means I will need to make another morrowloot replacer esp for it..... sheesh.... a mod for another day!  

Intrigue about Version 2 though....

Edited by Garfink

I can confirm that, for some reason, ASIS does add Wyrmstooth as a master with your ini, even if it is not in your load order (or even installed!). You are correct, however, that it is easy to fix.

phryxolydian: if you comment out all references to anything with the prefix 'WT' in increasedspawns.ini (with a preceding semi-colon, iirc) that fixed the issue for me, and also prevents the warning you posted.

Edited by shaunlewis

That Enchanting Awaken Mod looks pretty awesome and it seems to work with SkyRe to boot.  What do you like and don't like about it?  How balanced is it, especially since you are the only person in Tameriel with these powers?   (will need to add it to ASIS's perk exclusion I suspect)

Well I use the compatiblity patches that the author offers. No conflicts, checked everything with tes5edit. I also use "Empowered Magic", "Stealth Skills Rebalanced" and "Apocalypse Spell Package" he made these 3 somehow compatible with his mod. Either through patches or through integrated versions (in the fomod installer) of the main file. I don't remember atm.

Edit: Ah yeah I got a patch for frostfall, SSRB and apocalypse. Guess he integrated the empowered magic changes into the main file since he probably uses that mod himself. I'm counting 161 esps now.. 4 excluded because they are integrated into the bashed patch (just a sidenote to myself). Space is valuable :o

What I like about the mod? I could not start my playthrough yet, since I am always finetuning my collection. I used ACE Enchanting before and "Smart Souls" which all became irrelevant with this new mod. I think any changes for the boring vanilla system are welcome. He offers several paths which require the player to make a decision and that plays well into the roleplaying aspect of the game.

Hm.. what else.. ah yeah. As with several other modders I consider Egocarib to be a very talented one. He always tries to keep his mods very clean and compatible with other mods and forwards uskp fixes. The mods that I use from him are "Enchantment Reload Fix", "Dynamic Potions", "Enchanting Awakened".

Just had another look at the compatibility/incompatibility sticky for the mod.... no wonder I haven't tried this mod yet, I think I have like 8 mods that are on that list or at the very least require a patch.  It even needs a SkyRe_Main.esp replacement, which means I will need to make another morrowloot replacer esp for it..... sheesh.... a mod for another day!

Well I have a very long list of mods that I either don't touch or will consider for later. Wrote down the reasons for each one. I named it "Maybe later (or never) mods" :P

Edited by blattgeist

Testing out Aurora as an alternative to Vanilla or SkyRe Standing-stone replacement.  Its quite a bit of fun and certainly NOT overpowered.  I thought that a couple of the powers sounded OP, until I tested them out.  

For example Ritual Stone's passive is now you automatically resurrect all the dead around you after combat ends.  I thought that sounded crazy OP, but its not all that useful because they only stay around for 45 seconds!  I am now using the Mage's Stone and I like the passive and active power a lot more than the boring original.  Now passively, I may gain mana during spell casting, its not that noticible, but it may mean you get off another spell before you run out of mana and the active power allows you to power-charge your spells but you spend more mana.  Reading the rest of the stones, they sound well made and thought out and with enaisaion you know its well implemented.  

Definitely doesn't affect difficult balance.  So worth using in your next playthrough.  For me I like it much better than the Vanilla and definitely the SkyRe Standing Stones (most of the stones are nerf to the point of boring).  Another observation:  You can install this midgame, the author has programmed to remove you current standing stone power when you load up your old save with this running.  Very nice.

@blattgeist

Always good to use mods from authors that release mods with other mods in mind.  I will definitely give this a try.  Reading the readme, sounds like you can even install it mid game and it has been programmed to return your enchanting perks to you when you first run it on an old save.  Maybe I will give it a try sooner rather than later.  My character currently isn't leveling enchantment at all, but inevitably she will when she is higher level...

Edited by Garfink

Yep, deleted two lines from the IncreasedSpawns.ini and it worked fine. What's weird is that when I ran ASIS using the improved ini files from EggOver it warned me of several factions (including WTFallenAventurerFaction) that couldn't be resolved but it didn't list Wyrmstooth as a master. Then I ran ASIS with your ini files and it only warns me about that WTFallenAventurerFaction and makes Wyrmstooth a master. Weird.. Got it to work now so no biggie. 

Yeah doomstone package is really innovative. When using other race or standing stone mods all the mod authors do is buff everything up or switch some numbers. Enai made them exciting instead. But be warned.. some USKP fixes need to be forwarded to Thunderchild and Resplendent Races (if you use these). Currently I'm wondering why he added that ITM DLC2Init Quest though. See my comments on his page.

And one more.. the USKP patch notes say "The Elemental Fury shout was not working correctly with bows or with dual wielded weapons, and was not applying the speed multiplier correctly for any weapons. (Bug #9249, Bug #9250) [uSKP 2.0.2]"

Yeah that's right it's crossed out. But it's still inside the patch when you look at it in tes5edit.. I guess I need to contact arthmoor about that.

I documented all my forwards in case anyone needs them.

Edited by blattgeist

@phyxolydian

Weird, should probably alert the ASIS team about it as it shouldn't do that.  The ini file should be a reference and not a requirement.

@blattgeist

Suspect Dreadflopp with have a look or have had a look at Thunderchild & Resplendent Races.  

Yeah doomstone package is really innovative. When using other race or standing stone mods all the mod authors do is buff everything up or switch some numbers. Enai made them exciting instead. But be warned.. some USKP fixes need to be forwarded to Thunderchild and Resplendent Races (if you use these). Currently I'm wondering why he added that ITM DLC2Init Quest though. See my comments on his page.And one more.. the USKP patch notes say "The Elemental Fury shout was not working correctly with bows or with dual wielded weapons, and was not applying the speed multiplier correctly for any weapons. (Bug #9249, Bug #9250) [uSKP 2.0.2]"Yeah that's right it's crossed out. But it's still inside the patch when you look at it in tes5edit.. I guess I need to contact arthmoor about that.I documented all my forwards in case anyone needs them.

I'll have a look, you can pm me your forwards, always good to have as a reference. Thanks!