Dreadflopps Modular patches

@blattgeist

Question about Enchantment Awaken, now that the player needs the Soul Shaper perk to use actually have enchantments take affect.  Does this requirement extend to the enemies?  Do they need the perk?  (I hope not!)  

Do we still need the NPC Enchant Fix?  Answer my own question partly.  Yes to NPC Enchant Fix.

@hellanios

I am not using STEP extended or much of STEP come to think of it!  It's not a requirement, just use the patches that are relevant to your setup and ignore the rest.  The only STEP patches I am using in my NON-STEP setup is the 20 Revenge of the enemies - STEP patch.esp (which is really a Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp patch) and the 25 Cloaks of Skyrim - STEP Patch.esp (which is a CCOR and Immersive Armor patch).  The other STEP patches aren't relevant to me so I don't have them installed.  Your's will be different of course, but this logic should work the same for you.

Edited by Garfink

I know that what I'm going to ask may be too much but could you make STEP Extended optional and not a requirement?

I will go through all patches soon, and when I do that I will also make it compatible with core. Will take a while though.

Edit: Didn't see Garfinks post. When I go through the patches I will document exactly which mods they patch, making it easier to use the guide with core.

Edited by dreadflopp

I love Zelda :) I tried your mod (in TES5) and would like to have it in the guide, it was just too many conflicts. Will check again which mods conflicted, maybe something you would like to make patches for? I'm thinking you might have a script to make a patch more quickly than me doing it manually?

This may sound ignorant but there are no conflicts. It all depends on load order. You have to sort the mod pretty early, right after the last esm and the last uskp so that all other mods can make their changes. Other mods very rarely change a NPC and making a patch just for 1-2 changed NPCs is a waste of esp space and only clutters the download section. The better solution would be to forward the protection changes to the other mod (which I will do soon for my own collection).

Here's an example load order for maximum compatibility: I set the BOSS user rule to load the mod right before WAF, that's my first non USKP mod. I set another user rule to load the merged support plugin (that includes interesting npcs+inconsequential npcs) to load after my bashed patch. All fine.

I just updated the mod to include the new USKP changes. Sure go ahead, you can include the mod in your guide.

Btw. I don't use any automation tools, all is done manually.

Garfink:

Question about Enchantment Awaken, now that the player needs the Soul Shaper perk to use actually have enchantments take affect.  Does this requirement extend to the enemies?  Do they need the perk?  (I hope not!)  

Do we still need the NPC Enchant Fix?  Answer my own question partly.  Yes to NPC Enchant Fix.

You know that same question came to my mind not a while ago... and I disregarded it because enchantments don't play a major role on enemies as far as I know. But it may be worth asking that the author. I'm still waiting for other answers from him though, I don't want to stress it. And yes, until Egocarib implements his fix into the main mod it is still required (it's just a script anyway).

Does anyone here have some more experience with tes5edit? I need some help regarding functionality. For example is it possible to open all trees of a category at once without having to click on every single cross?

How do automatic forwards work? I know that several things get automatically forwarded without having to be included in the consecutive mod (like dialog topic conditions, source: comments on the "Follower Commentary Overhaul" page -> quote: "TESVEdit will flag dialog topics as being overrode even though the two mods are just adding child dialog infos to the same parent topic. Unless the children are conflicting, there shouldn't be an issue."). Does the same work for conditions of other categories like magic effect, object effect, spell as long as the associated entry is empty in the consecutive mod? See this screeny for illustration.I guess script entries don't get automatically forwarded? Or maybe I can read that up somewhere...

Edited by blattgeist

Did you have some time to look into my pm dreadflopp?^^

@Garfink I found the answer to your question in some old comments, I simply searched for "Enemies":

Does the inability to use enchantments without perks apply to NPCs (Followers and Enemies)? I would hope not since they almost never have the opportunity to acquire the enchanting perks and thus would never be able to use enchanted items.Also, - does this inability to use enchanted items also apply to staves?

No, No, Yes.

Edited by blattgeist

@Garfink,

May I ask if you are still using the ASIS AI? The guide says only to have Spawns, Perks, Spells and Potions, but I am sure I remember you saying in an earlier post that you the ASIS AI.

It was sometime ago, so I wanted to check if that advice was still valid, and the ASIS settings in the guide are for one of the other versions of MMO, or if you were now balancing GSRP with the ASIS AI off?

Hello blattgeist,  ::):

Glad to see you in STEP forums! Welcome!  ::):

Just a few remarks, as I have noticed them in my mod list (running a full SR:LE + 50% of REGS + mods of my own choice (majorly combat-armor-weapon mods).

This may sound ignorant but there are no conflicts. It all depends on load order. You have to sort the mod pretty early, right after the last esm and the last uskp so that all other mods can make their changes. Other mods very rarely change a NPC and making a patch just for 1-2 changed NPCs is a waste of esp space and only clutters the download section. The better solution would be to forward the protection changes to the other mod (which I will do soon for my own collection).

Placing your mod where you suggest is pretty much fine, but conflicts DO exist. If someone is using BOYD, Consistent older people, Feminine Females, or any NPC Overhaul there is a conflict which must be forwarded if one wants to keep the best of both worlds. The placement of your mod ensures "compatibility" in the sense that it will not interfere with any other esp but the protection flag for those NPCs will be lost...and with some mods the uncapped leveling of followers. So, patching is needed and in some instances the records are quite a few.

I would NOT recommend forwarding the changes to the other mod; better use a general conflict patch. That way you are ensuring that when this other mod get its esp updated you don't loose all of your patching.

Here's an example load order for maximum compatibility: I set the BOSS user rule to load the mod right before WAF, that's my first non USKP mod. I set another user rule to load the merged support plugin (that includes interesting npcs+inconsequential npcs) to load after my bashed patch. All fine.

Why after Bashed Patch? I thought that loading it (or the individual ones) after their last Master esp would be adequate...

Does anyone here have some more experience with tes5edit? I need some help regarding functionality. For example is it possible to open all trees of a category at once without having to click on every single cross?

If i remember correctly, you select the category that you want to expand (i.e. Magic Effect) and press "*" in the numpad. Depending how big this section is, it will expand itself shortly.

@shaunlewis

Yes I am using the ASIS AI module. Works great, can't say its better or worst than the ERSO or SkyRe one, but it saves me an esp slot and I can definitely see enemies dodging, retreating, flanking, etc.  So it works great.

@Everyone

I have updated the SkyRe_Main.esp and Immersive Weapon replacers for morrowloot support, I think I have nailed down the last of the high-level items AND have correctly removed daedric recipes.  If any recipes still show up, tell me which ones and I will fix it.

Edited by Garfink

Placing your mod where you suggest is pretty much fine, but conflicts DO exist. If someone is using BOYD, Consistent older people, Feminine Females, or any NPC Overhaul there is a conflict which must be forwarded if one wants to keep the best of both worlds. 

Of course you can place the mod early in the load order but you will lose your mods functionality. For me your mod is overwritten by consistent older people, endgame npcs, bring out your dead, better fast travel, immersive weapons, Expanded town and cities, morrowloot, cutting room floor, warmonger, interesting npcs, revenge of the enemies and clothing clutter and fixes. Some of the mods has only a few conflicts but all in all there are over 200 instances of your mod being overwritten. BOYD and consistent older people has by far the largest number of conflicts.

@blattgeist

It would be awesome if you could make patches for Consistent Older People, Endgame NPCs, Bring out your Dead at the very least as these are probably the most popular mods on dreadflopp's list.

Although... while you are at it, you may as well make patchs for the other mods as there are less conflicts with these other mods...  :)  evil smile.

Garf, tbh even though the whole perk thing has improved since installing your improved ASIS ini files (using HLE Hardcore + Duel), it is still VERY imbalanced. A bandit plunderer (lvl 25) with a longbow one shooting you every single time when you are 20 levels higher than her and with an armor rating of nearly 700 is just nonsensical to me. It is also next to impossible to kill enemies of your same level like bandit chiefs if you don't Fuz Ro Dah the hell out him/her before they hit you cause it simply does not matter if you have a raised shield with mostly a completed perk tree. What can I do to make this more balanced and fair? I get the rush of the much more exciting battles with this setup but with this kinds of odds against you it can quickly get tiring and really just takes the fun away imho.

Hmmm, I see the problem in the pack.  Those settings you are using are too difficult and I have since changed them, in combo with the new spawn settings it is just right and will fix all the issues you mentioned in one go!

I have since stop using Extended stats in BOTH SIC and Random encounters.  Keep the difficulty setting at Novice in the in-game menu.  Have SIC creatures & RE creatures spawn at Hard/expert.

Its perfect.  

We will update the Wiki asap, its been pretty hectic for Dreadflopp but the end is in sight! 

Edited by Garfink

Okay here are the exact settings (I have the game opened):

Must have High Level Enemies Hardcore for these settings to work as intended.

Random Encounters:

General: Creature Size Scaling: Max. set to 1.33x

Difficulty: Assign Global Difficulty set to HARD, all other boxes unticked.  

Encounter Amounts: Wolf set to 2 and everything else set to 1

Immersive Creatures

General: Purist

Difficult Adjustments: Assigned Global Difficult set to Expert, Creature Spawn Difficulty; Additional Spawns set to HARD.  All tick boxes on page unticked.

ASIS

0 50

1 100

2 10

3 2

Reduced Interior Spawns Ticked.

NPC Potions defaut number of potions 2, chance per potion 5

Replendent Racials

Enable NPC powers ticked

NPC Wood Elves have Forestwalk unticked (super annoying)

No Ancestral Guardians ticked (you have to summon them when you want them.)

Unarmed Weapon Scaling (SkyRe) ticked if using SkyRe.

In-Game Difficulty Set to Novice

Install the Dodge Mod : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29258/?

Need to use ASIS AI, Perk, Spells as well.  As well as the other mods in the recommended list.

That's it.  Its tough but no body should have uber health.  These setting should work with or without morrowloot.  

Edited by Garfink