Pure Weather by Laast

CJ2311

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52423/ 

Pure Weather is a full weather and lighting replacer. It adds a lot of new weather types for every regions (DLC are not included), adding realism, immersion, and beauty to Skyrim with absolutely ZERO performance loss. 

VARIOUS, REALISTIC, AND IMMERSIVE WEATHER:

Pure Weather adds dozens weathers and lighting variations for every areas in Skyrim, with various sunsets and sunrises, and various rainy and snowy weathers. It uses realistic lighting, colors, and textures to enhance your experience without taking off the lore Skyrims feeling.

REALISTIC AND VARIOUS NIGHTS:

Nights are trully immersive: rainy and foggy nights are really dark, while summer night are a lot clearer. Auroras also add more light at night: now there is a strategic approach in going outside at night. You should better look at the weather before deciding to go in wilderness after 9PM...

Seeing as how I've always liked Pure Waters, I'll definitely be using this mod.A note for potential users though: This mod will probably not look great with most ENBs.

Edited by CJ2311

Laast can be somewhat an anti-ENB/Lighting Mod Luddite. His Pure Water Mod, while excellent also has enb/fog related issues.

I just got finished yanking CoT and all the CoT Weather Patches from my new game config, I'd be reluctant to add another mod that does the same thing. CoT is great, but if I use it it restricts me from trying new ENBs that don't play well with CoT stuff.

Edited by Kuldebar

Kuldebar, on 26 Mar 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

Laast can be somewhat an anti-ENB/Lighting Mod Luddite. His Pure Water Mod, while excellent also has enb/fog related issues.

I just got finished yanking CoT and all the CoT Weather Patches from my new game config, I'd be reluctant to add another mod that does the same thing. CoT is great, but if I use it it restricts me from trying new ENBs that don't play well with CoT stuff.

I'm so much happier & healthier after my CoT-ectomy. It was great (and quite beautiful) in my previous playthrough with Realvision ENB, but losing it and all the compatibility patches in my switch to Serenity ENB has been a pleasure.

Back to topic, I'm curious how this mod would interact with others? Is it going to necessitate patches in the manner of CoT?

I downloaded this about a week or a week and a half ago when it first showed up on Steam Workshop.

Compared to CoT, this mod is much "lighter" - if that can be said about weather mods. This is because it only makes changes to some vanilla Image Spaces, Weather Region definitions, and Weathers, and no new weathers have been added.

So compared to CoT, it should in theory be more compatible with other mods, but you'll still need patches for mods that affect any of the above record types, and it won't be compatible with any mods that change weathers (so CoT itself, RCRN, and the exterior / weather plugins of ELFX & RLO.)

I'm sorry to say that because I'm doing other types of testing right now that I've not had a chance to run Pure Weathers through it's paces, but it's clear from looking at it in TES5Edit that there will be some noticeable differences in the colors, light, saturation, contrast, HDR / eye adaptation effects, some changes in bloom, and different varieties of weathers in regions, as compared to vanilla - but definitely not as much variety in weathers as CoT provides.

I can't comment as to whether the weathers will look good with any ENBs - but I expect the ones design to work with CoT won't work so well with Pure Weathers.

Also, I noticed there are 44 ITM records, the entire Worldspace record section of the mod - I don't see any reason why that would be intentional, but it's probably best to ask Laast.

Well this nice little new thingy made me fire up skyrim and the ENB stuff again! Hurray! 

First off

It is essentially just a vanilla weather replacer, hence no new formID´s have been added hence you will not need new patches for weathers. However like any weather/sound mod then regions are going to be an issue. This will always be an issue as well no way around it the way the engine works. That said then I find it funny that people have issues with "All them CoT" patches.... since they can all be done rather easily in one single patch in the end and voila done. That even with supreme storms and what have you. Anyways the point is the same is going to be required here if you want to use his regions and have your sound mods sound play etc. 

Now back to this mod. 

It does what it says it does! It is a somewhat improvement over vanilla, it adds a bit of spice and new textures etc. I really like what he has done with the foggy weathers especially, even with ENB on they look really nice. The sun is a nicely done and the new glare etc. look quite nice. The few issues that he already have put out versions of are ofc. that nights are too dark/bright... I personally find them quite nice as is in the realism version. 

I also quite like his new snow it is something I would consider using instead of the stuff I have now... 

However onwards to ENB... he says they will most likely look like meh.. and he is most certainly correct! However since my own ENB kinda ignores most of the image space values then most of what makes it incompatible does not apply to mine. However there still are issue, mainly he has the issue that he use image spaces to create darkness, which is just never a good idea when mixing with ENB. So night time is REALLY dark on my end, however simple tweaks quickly make it look like it does without ENB. 

The most "Serious" issue is with his cloud textures, since they are in no way optimized for being used with the procedual sun of ENB and in general the sun related effects. However since he just use vanilla replacements then I would guess dramatic clouds can be used quite easily and they work just nicely. It is a bit sad though since I actually do like his cloud textures, but I do not expect that a version with opacity changed is going to come out ever. 

That said then perhaps I will make a version of my ENB that supports this fine mod, since it is quite an improvement over vanilla.