EotW Dawnguard DLC Textures Remastered (by EcthelionOtW and misslexi)

Noobsayer

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, in each compare I preferred the new version over the old. More contrast in colors, not nearly as bland as the vanilla design. They are subtle changes but in my opinion they add up.

I agree that the dawnguard armor has enough subtle changes, but the weapons do not. The snow elf armor and shields are nice as well, since the vanilla ones are so boring.

I still haven't checked out the shrines and the creatures from the Hidden Vale though.

The DG armors are subtle, but there is enough there that I would recommend them. Also the wood on the DG weapon (Axes and crossbow) are scratch made textures which are nice. I didn't take a screen of those, so you'll just have to take my word for it. I've been running around with the DG armor while testing the last couple days and I really like the changes to the sleeves and pants.

I'm still partial to the Nightshade Vampire armors just because they look like leather, and the red versions look like blood. Vampire stuff that is blood colored is a good thing.

The Dragonbone weapons are almost identical and I don't see why they would be useful.

The Snow Elf Armor is an improvement from the boring vanilla ones and I'd recommend that retex as well.

There are some other things in this pack like the shire of Auriel and the Frost Giants, but they didn't strike me as special. 

• 1 month later...

I stand by what I said earlier for this mod. Most of it looks like simple tweaks to contrast, saturation, and color. I could easily do the same thing in Photoshop and only spending a few minutes on each item to do it. I see no actual quality improvements. Just tweaks here and there. I giving this a "No" vote because of this. If the author were to make this modular using a FOMOD, we might be able to easily pick a few here and there that we like but even then, I'm not sure it would be worth it. I could write this FOMOD for the author; however, I really don't have any desire to do that for such a large mod.

Final vote: No.

There a quite a few of the retextures in this mod that I like, but IDK if it's enough to recommend the mod. The DG weapons and armor are good, the Auriel weapons are good, and the Snow Elf armor is good. I wouldn't exclude a mod because it's vanilla with a little sharpen and upscale because maybe that's all that vanilla needed. Still it's hard to recommend a mod that would require us to hide a bunch of files to keep just a few.

There a quite a few of the retextures in this mod that I like, but IDK if it's enough to recommend the mod. The DG weapons and armor are good, the Auriel weapons are good, and the Snow Elf armor is good. I wouldn't exclude a mod because it's vanilla with a little sharpen and upscale because maybe that's all that vanilla needed. Still it's hard to recommend a mod that would require us to hide a bunch of files to keep just a few.

That's pretty much what I'm saying.

It conflicts with:

• Dawnguard
  • HRDLC 02
  • HRDLC 03
  • Dawnguard Crossbow Bolts Visualized
  • UDGP
  • TDN Vampire Armor Retextured
  • UHRP
  • STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures

This mod is such a mix of textures, I wouldn't even know where to properly put it in the Guide beside Conflicting Graphics. That would be the best place for it without having to hide most of the mod's textures; however, I'm not too comfortable with some of the textures unless I know the author has used the UPs as his source materials so those fixes are not undone.

• 7 months later...

It conflicts with:

• Dawnguard
  • HRDLC 02
  • HRDLC 03
  • Dawnguard Crossbow Bolts Visualized
  • UDGP
  • TDN Vampire Armor Retextured
  • UHRP
  • STEP Vanilla Optimized Textures

This mod is such a mix of textures, I wouldn't even know where to properly put it in the Guide beside Conflicting Graphics. That would be the best place for it without having to hide most of the mod's textures; however, I'm not too comfortable with some of the textures unless I know the author has used the UPs as his source materials so those fixes are not undone.

Sorry for necroing this thread but I used this mod in my Loadorder and just wanted to report that it is gone from the nexus because of assettheft by others from this mod the author says. So not an option for STEP anymore.

Edited by werewulfking