EotW Dawnguard DLC Textures Remastered (by EcthelionOtW and misslexi)

Noobsayer

The bolt texture from Explosive Bolts Visualized is made to go with the special arrow textures also used by that mod (BoltFire.dds, BoltFrost.dds, and BoltShock.dds). Actually, EBV's texture is from the HD bolts optional of that mod.I can go and poke EcthelionOtW about making a compat. patch (texture wise) for both this and Explosive Bolts Visualized.

Until then, should I hide bolt.dds and bolt_n.dds in MO for this mod?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to know what was changed by looking at the changelog tab.

They already had that there. The 1.1 didn't add any new items that I see listed there, so yea, no idea what changed. 

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

Might not be a bad idea for the time being. Not sure why bolt.dds and bolt_n.dds are in the EBV file - perhaps as a fix of some kind?

Anyway, I can't PM EotW, so I resorted to just posting on his mod page. Hopefully, he'll respond quickly about the patch.

Might not be a bad idea for the time being. Not sure why bolt.dds and bolt_n.dds are in the EBV file - perhaps as a fix of some kind?Anyway, I can't PM EotW, so I resorted to just posting on his mod page. Hopefully, he'll respond quickly about the patch.

Well according to the description, EBV fixes a vanilla error where all the different bolts (steal, explosive, dwarven, etc.) had the same mesh or texture (or looked the same rather) when showing up in the crossbow? I think that's what it was supposed to fix, right? 

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

Well, either would be good until EotW makes the patch (if at all). Think this was implied by my previous posts, but guess not...

EDIT: The author of EotW is too busy to make the patch, but he granted permission to anyone who would make it. Now, I'd think I would ask Madcat221 (the Explosive Bolts author) about doing the patch himself (making the same modifications to the EotW textures as he did to the vanilla ones).

• 10 months later...

Regarding the Explosive Bolts Visualized Path - both the author of this mod and the author of Explosive Bolts Visualized have given permission for someone to make a patch. I, however, am not a texture artist, so I can't really do this, but from what I see, it's really changing the color of the bolt feathers and adding in the salt texture and normal used in the mod.

As for proof of the EotW author's approval...

That's good to know, maybe the author of EBQO will let someone make a patch...  ::P:

I'll add more as I do them. My testing skills have not been used in a while, feeling a bit rusty.

HRDLC (Current STEP)->EotW

Armored Trolls Front->Back

gzQEW9u.jpgja7Wggi.jpgjgL1sLS.jpgmt1bkCl.jpg

Armored Dogs Right->Left

PTpJsua.jpgxlgD9mm.jpgLpBkm6f.jpg0oApcvi.jpg

Moth Priest Robe (ignore the stupid vamp)

rOMMj3h.jpgpi1GoDi.jpg

DG shield->DG Rune shield->Aeriel's shield

CfbpWbV.jpg0j3Son9.jpgQ8A5iwV.jpgRr5XSQV.jpgOg1rDqi.jpg02XU7hX.jpg

Dragonbone weapons

Honestly, these are basically brightened up vanilla textures. Not impressed at all and I even think the darker metal on the vanilla textures looks better. I'm finding a lot of the textures in this pack are just lightened or darkened vanilla textures.

HRDLC->EotW

Dagger->Sword->Greatsword

9WLAxml.jpgOrVGnN1.jpgB3GWF8d.jpgwRzgWXl.jpgG4XOsJj.jpgE7S9RtN.jpg

Mace->Warhammer

ojP3F7w.jpgdhFDZmL.jpg5ZGERC3.jpgNbnnMXl.jpg

War Axe->Battleaxe

YB4k3Ri.jpgOtGVWBC.jpgDPewwvK.jpgvc7APbm.jpg

THere's much more in this pack than I origianlly thought. I might do some more later, but moving on to something else right now is better use of my time.

Here's the DG armors, there are four colors, and a helmet, plus the Snow Elf Armor.

HRDLC->EotW

DG Helmets Light->Heavy

vGehyR6.jpgBhryGKK.jpgvJbFPBB.jpgWFRmG54.jpg

DG Armor Blue Front->Back

Eq3Tp1a.jpgNTrMXMt.jpgwqkzGrc.jpgKlnEUZH.jpg

Black Front->Back

vDj8K7s.jpgH259nbB.jpgU8ZPK5L.jpg4B7pLjR.jpg

Red Front->Back

xrZYEWu.jpgxBKXRGg.jpgEYar9X8.jpgnKiLgGp.jpg

Grey Front->Back

owxAkJG.jpgHOPvAGG.jpgWy5ysu8.jpgUQD1Z4G.jpg

Snow Elf Front->Back