A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

Yeah except the ones covered in the bashed patch ::D:

Worked, thank you a tons, odd it didn't happen well at first :c

So I can make a new game but, sadly, the boats are still on each other.

In fact only 2 are affected, in the sides of the dock at the center of morthal, just next to the alchemy store.

Edited by Monobloc

I don't have that in my own game, I think. I can't test right now. But it's best to forward that question to gandaganza, author of Realistic Boat Travel. He's casually active here and active at the Nexus as well. He can probably tell you what exactly most be the conflict, because he made a REGS compatible version :)

Edited by Nearox

I'd say it is sort of like an LOD mod. I've used it before without issues, but the smoke never seemed to fit any ENB I used. Not really a REGS mod imho, but it can be a good addition depending on you particular setup.

Edited by Nearox

I'd say it is sort of like an LOD mod. I've used it before without issues, but the smoke never seemed to fit any ENB I used. Not really a REGS mod imho, but it can be a good addition depending on you particular setup.

Okay, I'll use it for now, I don't use any ENB as my system can't really run it well... Thanks for the reply!

Of note:

First, BluePianoTwo has updated Dawn of Windhelm, and since REGS Cities provides a replacer .esp plugin, it's probably best advised to wait for.... er, someone look at the new version to see whether the replacer should be updated or "retired" - since she says in the release notes that the deleted navmesh data has been "fixed".

Interestingly, there are now two versions of Dawn of Windhelm available, a standard edition ("for neutral and Stormcloak characters") and an Imperial edition ("for characters who have completed the Civil War / Battle for Windhelm for the Imperials"). I don't see any details of what else besides the navmesh data was changed between either of these editions of the plugin, though.

Second, since a number of people have been talking about it, JK's Whiterun has been updated to version 1.0, and now features an optional additional Whiterun "outskirts" plugin. 

I've been using JK'sW for a week now myself, and finally had a chance to look at the previous version in TES5Edit and noticed he edits quite a bit of navmesh data. With the new version, it remains to be seen if that's been changed any further, and also as to whether it would affect follower access into the sewers of Skyrim Sewers, etc.

Also, I have to assume there might be some overlap between the Whiterun outskirts changes made by the Nernie's City and Village edits contained in REGS Cities, and this new optional plugin from JK. That will need some looking into as well.

I'm a real busybee at work this week, so unfortunately I won't get to investigate into detail any time very soon.

Happy REGS-ing!

• +1 1

Re- Jk's Whiterun; my initial impression of this with Dawn of "", Better City Entrances and Sewers is positive. Followers (Lydia & Vilja) managed the transition into and out of the sewers from outside Warmaidens and under the drawbridge. Exterior assets looked proper, I didn't notice clipping or other issues (the Better Entrances bridge looked fine with JK's pickets & towers). I don't have Nernie's exterior in play so no feedback on that front.

Of note:

First, BluePianoTwo has updated Dawn of Windhelm, and since REGS Cities provides a replacer .esp plugin, it's probably best advised to wait for.... er, someone look at the new version to see whether the replacer should be updated or "retired" - since she says in the release notes that the deleted navmesh data has been "fixed".

Second, since a number of people have been talking about it, JK's Whiterun has been updated to version 1.0, and now features an optional additional Whiterun "outskirts" plugin. 

Hi Keith, Thanks for the DOW advice. Last time BluePianoTwo updated she said she fixed the navmesh, which CJ responded straight away that it was still an issue. I guess I'll wait for him to check. BTW the REGS patch might only be the Navmesh and if this is the case (and it is fixed) then we we shouldn't need the patch. I like the idea of the Imperial DoW. I wonder if it has broken statues.

I'm really enjoying JK's Whiterun. His latest full version 1 is REALLY good. I've actually dropped DOW for JK's - but I still miss the vendors around the back of Belethor's and the top of the stairs near the tree. The ones on the main entrance always looked a bit cramped to me anyway - my opinion.

Thanks Red for the feedback on JK's exterior. I haven't tried that yet. I run the full REGS Whiterun so it i'll be good to check.

JK's v1 compatible looks great with Dawn of WR if you take a notion to switch. As for JK Exterior, I didn't see any assets added beyond the gate so I don't expect Nernies (the full REGS) would have conflicts, but you never know until you check. Oh, thanks for the tip on Camping Kit of the Northern Ranger, perfect for the native on the go, I don't leave the Redoubt without it.

Hi again. Well, BluePianoTwo has confirmed the fix for the deleted navmeshes was the only change, so the v1.2 standard edition should essentially be the same as CJ's fixed replacer .esp plugin supplied in the REGS Cities download. I took a look at the standard edition plugin in TES5Edit and didn't see any deleted navmeshes.

However, if you want to use the Imperial edition of v1.2, then CJ's replacer DawnofWindhelm.esp plugin would need to be disabled or deleted.

BluePianoTwo does make it sound as though this will not be the last update for Dawn of Windhelm, though - some good news, hopefully.

I still haven't yet had time to see whether JK's Whiterun outskirts plugin changes collides with anything of Nernies Whiterun outskirts changes -- but I have noticed that the new 1.0 version of JK's Whiterun has enough instances of clipping with the trees added by The Pines of Whiterun that I may have to stop using PoW. That's okay, since JK has added quite a few trees in interesting places, anyhow.

^^ Hi Keith,

As I am using PoW together with JK's Whiterun (not Dawn of Whiterun though), there are indeed clipping/overlapping issues. I am using a custom version of PoW which gets rid of all (I hope) trees that i could find that were clipping etc. I am not sure if I am allowed to post this esp here but in any case these are the FormIDs from PoW that are clipping with JK's...you can remove them using TES5Edit.

xx002391, xx000D7F, xx000D89, xx001E08, xx001E0A, xx001E0C, xx0028fa, xx0028f6, xx00130a, xx001308, xx000DA3, xx001E28, xx0028F9, xx000D77

I beleive, at least to my eyes, that they blend quite nice together and the remaining trees added by PoW is not an overkill.

Let me know if you like it!  ::):

• +1 1