A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I would just ask this, before I tried it and potentially messed something up. Should the REGS patch be downloaded if I only handpicked some of the mods(and didn't use this guide as a "Pack"?

I downloaded the Thalmor quest mods and "Amber Guard" and "Granitehall" settlement mods.

I also have "Hearthfires Chimneys"(from STEP:Extended) and "Cutting Room Floor"(from STEP:Extended) but not "Lanterns of Skyrim".

Edited by Halde

STEP:Core/STEP;Extended Patches with STEP:Core/STEP;Extended (there is a readme with details on patch contents, which helped me as I didn't use every mod from STEP).

"REGS Patch Installer even if you only installed 1 mod." It contains various replacer esp files, some with rebuilt NavMesh (I know I didn't want sort that myself), and patches for REGS mods. The installer makes it easy, and you can hide the esp files you don't need in MO's information tab.

Right, the STEP patches are specific to those mods and have a readme with specific details as to their contents (which you should read so you know which to use & what it contains). The REGS patch installer is different in content and scope and should also be used.

STEP Core is your crate motor, STEP Extended the factory performance parts, REGS the aftermarket bolt ons - they all stack and compliment each other.

Use patches from STEP as well as the ones provided by REGS. Basically you keep STEP (core or extended doesnt matter) the way it is intended and you build REGS right on top of it. If a mod is already in STEP (like e.g. Cutting Room Floor) but also in REGS then you can keep it as it was in STEP unless the REGS install instructions differ from STEP or unless REGS gives you special instructions.

I've got Vivid Landscapes installed first with AMB Landscape after and Terrain Bump on top of that. I'm not sure which specific textures are popping in that shot, MO's data tab is showing a mix of all three in the various textures for "mountain". I have ugrids at 7, so that is probably helping, and SDO (without the esp) which may be making Bleak Falls Barrow detailed. I use Serenity ENB as well.

Nothing crazy;

CPU i7 4770k @ 3.5GHzRAM 16GB (2 x 8GB DDR3 1866)GPU NVidia GTX 670 2GB120 GB SDD (Windows 8.1 64bit OS & Star Citizen Hangar)1TB 7200 RPM HDD (Steam Archive; Skyrim, FNV, etc)

I'm excited that Nearox has a thread for SR:LE on 2gb gpu, perfect advice for me (even if I don't follow all of it, and eat the performance hit).

Ok, after installing the patch, and only ticking on mods I was using, I get a couple of errors in the REGS.esp's.

The "REGS Patch - CRF.esp" is missing "REGS - cities.esp" and "REGS - Resources.esm"

The "REGS Patch - STEP Extended" is missing "ETaC - Complete.esp" and "ETaC - RESOURCES.esm"

In all honesty, I have no idea what any of these means, except for "REGS Patch - STEP Extended.esp" and "REGS Patch - CRF.esp"

I don't know which mods I am missing... 

Gen 4 i-7 is pretty sweet to have though.

Edited by Halde

You are missing these files from the REGS Pack (or need to check their boxes in the right pane of MO if they aren't active);

REGS - Cities

[spoiler=Description: ]This mod is actually a merged version of: A modified version of Nernie's Cities; Skyrim Sewers; Windhelm Lighthouse, and; has many additions, fixes and a complete new navmesh made by CJ2311.All in all, this mod makes changes to: Solitude, Whiterun outskirts, Windhelm outskirts and it adds sewers to the 4 main cities. Authors: Nernie, Viltuska, MannyGT, CJVersion: 3.3Mod Prerequisites: Nernie's Cities

Expanded Towns and Cities

[spoiler=Description: ]The most comprehensive mod for changing the smaller towns. Unlike most other mods that aim to do the same, this one does it intelligently by hand placing a lot of elements, new buildings with functional interiors and working NPCs, instead of just putting trees everywhere.Author: missjennabeeVersion: 12.1Optionals: ETaC - PatchesInstaller Options: (Main File)Complete or ModularNo InnsDo not install Dragon Bridge South (for compatibility with Fight Against the Thalmor)Inn Signs: User's choiceTextures: User's choiceInstaller Options: (Patches)Better Fast TravelExpanded Winterhold RuinsFalskaarInns & TavernsLanterns of SkyrimNo Snow under the RoofOblivion Realms SerieStatic Mesh Improvement ModSpecial Instructions: LOOT Rule: ETaC - Complete.esp AFTER 3DNPC.esp

Edited by redirishlord