A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

All I can say about JK's Whiterun is WOW!!!! There are some really nice touches, especially the Skyforge and Warmaidens. I ran the DOW compatible version and both work together really well. In fact JK's version is so good I am thinking about dropping DOW and using the full version of JK. In fact I will just to try it out. I didn't notice any problems with REGS at all.

funny i came into this topic looking for any posts on JK's Whiterun and REGS.  Looking forward to trying it out myself since it sounds like there are no issues.

JK's is incompatible with Beautiful Whiterun, but seeing that BW isn't in REGS probably not an issue for most.

On another front, I used Alternate Start to begin as a Forsworn in Druadach Redoubt which is conveniently located near Seapoint Settlement. I survived the wolves near the fallen watchtower along the way, but fell prey to bandits on the outskirts of the settlement. I'll get a chance to actually enter town tonight.

I used the dow version of jkw and started in Whiterun, ran all over, and had no issues.  It adds so much but really does look great, much more like the trading hub of whiterun should look.  I didn't run into any issues with the navmeshes or UDRs but I didn't have any followers and tried to go everywhere in Whiterun to check it out.  I could have been so distracted by the new stuff that I didn't notice some small errors somewhere but I'm fairly certain there weren't any.  Still, I'll be happier with it once he gets it fixed.  

Well, I tried the full JK Whiterun without DOW. It is impressive on its own and blends in so well with the vanilla Whiterun that you would think it is part of the original game. However I missed the DOW merchants and touches around the city and much prefer the combination of JK and DOW - even if it is two esp's

I haven't had Dawn of Whiterun installed in quite a while, do the merchants still man their stalls all night? Did their merch get set to "owned"? Those two issues bothered me with this otherwise nicely done mod.

The food is owned and I am fairly sure the vendors head off to sleep during the night. But I can't be certain because my Imperial buffoon is usually drunk with Sophia in the Bannered Mare once the sun goes down.

Really just getting flickering in this Mzarnumez area.  I get a tiny amount in other water areas in the distance.  I've got some very minor z-fighting, not sure if that's related.  I just did the shipwreck start from live another life to check. 

That script spam reference honestly seems more troublesome than the flickering.  Looks like it was reported to the author, but no real response.

Edited by bern43

I'm looking forward to actually making it into Seapoint, my new Forsworn character died on the edge of town last night.

Ah yes, I saw that post. I really like that she is constantly improving her mod and trying to make the overall experience better for everyone. Like adding a chest at the end of the bed and when you put in different coloured blankets sold at the market the bed linen will change colour. Pretty neat. Not that she had to do any of this as the mod worked perfectly out of the box.

I know there has been a bit of talk about TES Arena. I always thought it clashed with Unique Border Gates so hadn't tried it.

But having watched Brodual's video I don't think it does. In fact it looks quite good.

I noticed in the comments that the author is reworking the cities to improve FPS.

So have any REGS users tried the mod?

Is there a clash anywhere??

Edit* From memory I think Inns and Taverns might have been an issue

Edited by Teabag86

I have it and Inns & Taverns installed, but with my constant battle between troubleshooting & distraction by the next shiny object, I haven't yet investigated any of the new locations. I will making a pilgrimage from Seapoint to the nearest TES Arena location * just as soon as I finish butchering the deer & horkers that have fallen to my forsworn bow (gettin my tribal on, like "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" kinda tribal).

* which appears to be south of Dragonbridge along the road to Markarth, so I've got a bit of a walk ahead of me, at least I can spoil my Drauadach kin with fresh meat on the way south.

Edited by redirishlord