A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

1) Yes, I do not use FATT II either. But you can/should still install the other ones they are worth it and more or less independent episodes.

2) During early REGS developments we alsot ried Oakwood Village and experienced some CTDs, which were due to navmesh deletions if I remember correctly. In the end the decision was not to include it because of that and because there is already MAS in that area.

3) I seriously doubt that TES Arena is any match to the quality of FATT as it currently stands. FATT  = tows + interios + voiced NPCs + unique and befitting stories. TES Arena = exteriors.... My personal opinion :)

1) You've convinced me, I'll add FAtT 1,3-4 as directed by your pack.

2) me too

3) I meant to compare TES Arena Frontier with 13oranges Arena inspired content (Granite Hall, Laintar Dale, Oakwood, etc) and Salem with 13oranges Pit Fighter. With my conclusion being the pair from Nexus might be better supported (and by better I mean in relation to the community's experience with regard to current Nexus content).

• +1 1

Question re REGS - SR:LE patch: It has ETaC South Dragonbridge as a master, but the REGS guide (and ETaC installer) tells me not to install ETaC South Dragonbridge due to FAtT. Help?

It does not have ETaC South DB as a master... Least not on my PC :)

CJ when Etac's new version (i'm assuming it will be version 13) is released will it still be compatible with REGS? Because that new version is going to add more stuff to Whiterun if I recall correctly.

You can pretty much count on it I guess, since CJ is involved in ETaC development/patching. Who knows they might even include some of REGS - Cities stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if CJ and Jenna do that for Whiterun, as CJ has already spent nuemrous hours on WHiterun :P Even if it wouldn't be made initially compatible with REGS, it would make quite a few mods obsolete that re-integrating the ETaC/IS merger would not be a big issue. In short, don't worry and you can continue to play with your current setup :)

• +1 1

I'll check again when I'm at home, but had MO's red triangle staring at me from the right pane for some reason :-) things definitely didn't work out well in Dragonbridge South or Rorikstead for that matter. I'll report back later when I get it sorted.

EDIT: My bad, I changed the required FAtT IV to ETaC DBS to load the patch into TES5Edit as discussed above, I need to change that back (oops). So, ETaC sans DBS and FAtT I,III & IV ... bob's my uncle ... patch should work as intended.

Edited by redirishlord
  • +1 1

update. i love mod organizer.  rather than continue troubleshooting i reverted back to my MO 2.2.9 Ext Baseline then installed REGS from there.  Everything was great after completing the "Cities" section when a test run showed no issues after multiple map jumps and reloads in former problem areas.  Then i got overconfident and pretty much installed everything else (minus a few quest mods) without testing...then i CTD when exiting Riverwood Inn (alternate start as Inn guest). i should have started a new game in some other area to see if the problem was localized but since it was CTD i figured it would happen anytime i tried to exit a building.  So back to piece by piece tonite...i will update here when i discover the problem.  my bet is that i am missing a patch from a STEP mod or one of the few non-STEP mods i have installed.  I seem to recall an optional file for REalistic Waters 2 that might be needed with one of the REGS mods.  enough rambling...

Question?  I am using LOOT and would like to implement all of the BOSS Rules you kindly provided.  I got most of them but I need some additinoal explanation.  When the BOSS rules say i.e. "REGS - Better City Entrances.esp BOTTOM Towns and Villages" does that mean in LOOT i should make a load after rule so that REGS City Entrances.esp loads after all mods that modify towns and villages.  i ask because i do not have a towns and villages .esp or .esm.

another example is Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp BOTTOM Landscaping

i apologize for being such a newbie.  thanks in advance for any guidance.

I've been poking around in TES5Edit and I see that Inconsequential NPCs has some Cell and Location conflicts with CWI.  I'm also seeing Placed Object conflicts between BFT and NSutR/RBB, some navmesh conflicts between Sea of Ghosts and REGS - Cities, and Placed Object/Navmesh conflicts between FatT IV and ETaC Complete.

Am I missing a patch somewhere?  I'm not sure how to resolve these myself.

Edited by Muladhara86

I've been poking around in TES5Edit and I see that Inconsequential NPCs has some Cell and Location conflicts with CWI.  I'm also seeing Placed Object conflicts between BFT and NSutR/RBB, some navmesh conflicts between Sea of Ghosts and REGS - Cities, and Placed Object/Navmesh conflicts between FatT IV and ETaC Complete.

Am I missing a patch somewhere?  I'm not sure how to resolve these myself.

according to the mod author of Immersive College of Winterhold, those two mods are fully compatible with each other. I'd trust the mod author's judgement and just not worry about it.