A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I dont have a problem with not having enough performance. both cards average around 70-80%... I am able to enable SMAA and get zero fps loss with 80-90% performance... 

CJ I was just browsing through the nexus and downloaded some mods to see if there are any that dont conflict this is what I found. I only used tes5edit... I didnt check in-game and am unsure of how complete they are but they have been around for quite awhile.

Tes Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress (supposedly its modular, I installed complete) 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47989

conflicts with tos amber guard, 3DNPC, mannyblackrock, adalmatar, inns and taverns

Im guessing its not worth it because it conflicts with a lot. Im not sure about in game though

Syerscote- A New settlement with Player home Custom NPCs and Quests

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29381

no conflicts

could be worth it I remember this being pretty cool

Juhan Village

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54029

Some nav mesh conflicts with ETaC but its only one building that teleports to and interior cell supposedly.

Nothing super interesting just a different place to explore. It might be worth it but probably not

Yeah those were looked at during initial regs development stage. TES Arena is getting better and better.The exterior quality is already very good but the mod is not finished yet. As for the other two, I've only tried Syerscote, found it not very exciting. Juhan village is really close to riverwood, which is already heavily altered by ETaC and imho doesn't need more than that as riverwood is/was known to be (at least before the memory patch era) prone to crashes on itself.

Edited by Nearox

Is anyone getting CTD's around Morthal with the new ETaC wall (or should I say CCE)? I've got 4GB VRAM with all the memory tweaks. My frame rate purrs along nicely, mostly at 60FPS. But Morthal is giving me grief. Admittedly I have loads of texture packs and heaven forbid I am thinking of following Noobzor and dropping them to fix this :( I can't even get close enough to see the city. I've already dropped my survival mods to limit any scripting and focus on quests instead of cooking. The only other thing I can think of is ASIS, SIC and Immersive Patrols, but there aren't any spawn points in that area that I am aware of. Any thoughts?

Would Papyrus logging voodoo help to find an answer?

Thanks. That's not one I use. There are a couple from STEP that I have purposefully left out - but don't tell anyone shhhh. I don't use SFO either. I think I'll look up some Papyrus tutorials and see if that is enlightening. Could be something other than graphics related. I recently added CM New Companions which places 30 followers all around Skyrim. Maybe the Morthal one is trapped under a wall. LOL

i'll begin with i know i am an idiot.  i just built my first pc in over 20 years (boy has pc building changed in that time) and my motivation was almost entirely skyrim.  that being said i have successfully installed STEP extended with ENB and played a stable game.  after adding this pack i have had crashes around major cities and i suspect texture overload.  my question today though is how to set the rule ETAC after 3DNPC b/c for some reason LOOT is not showing the two as conflicting mods and thus not letting me create the rule.

i just switched to LOOT with 2.2.9 (which came out a week after i finished building 2.2.8 with MO, just my luck) so i am not entirely used to it yet.  any other LOOT sugeestions much appreciated.

i am not at home right now but plan on starting REGS over tonite and sorting with LOOT and starting after each mod in order to see if a more methodical approach teases out my game freezing (suspected texture overload)

thanks to all the hard work from STEP and PACK creators and admins.  i have spent countless hours here and hope to contribute myself someday when i am a bit more educated and experienced with all this.

...Tes Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress (supposedly its modular, I installed complete) 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47989

conflicts with tos amber guard, 3DNPC, mannyblackrock, adalmatar, inns and taverns

Im guessing its not worth it because it conflicts with a lot. Im not sure about in game though...

I guess I should be called a REGS-lite user; I don't have 13oranges, Fight Against the Thalmor or Interesting NPCs installed. I do use Inns & Taverns (without Realistic Room Rentals). I've downloaded and installed TES Arena Frontier, as part of a conflict seeking playtest run I'll attempt to see what conflicts arise between ETaC, Inns & Taverns & TES Arena Frontier. i love the throwback to previous TES lore, specifically towns & forts from the Arena map. I know 13oranges covered that subject in his work, but it doesn't seem to be actively supported, so I have high hopes that this can become a worthy successor.

Edited by redirishlord

i'll begin with i know i am an idiot.  i just built my first pc in over 20 years (boy has pc building changed in that time) and my motivation was almost entirely skyrim.  that being said i have successfully installed STEP extended with ENB and played a stable game.  after adding this pack i have had crashes around major cities and i suspect texture overload.  my question today though is how to set the rule ETAC after 3DNPC b/c for some reason LOOT is not showing the two as conflicting mods and thus not letting me create the rule.

i just switched to LOOT with 2.2.9 (which came out a week after i finished building 2.2.8 with MO, just my luck) so i am not entirely used to it yet.  any other LOOT sugeestions much appreciated.

i am not at home right now but plan on starting REGS over tonite and sorting with LOOT and starting after each mod in order to see if a more methodical approach teases out my game freezing (suspected texture overload)

thanks to all the hard work from STEP and PACK creators and admins.  i have spent countless hours here and hope to contribute myself someday when i am a bit more educated and experienced with all this.

If you have major crashes around cities and you are using the correct REGS files in accordance with STEP (and the necessary patches), then it is indeed likely that crashes occur due to overload. Assuming you have ENBoost and the latests SKSE along with the proper tweaks, I would recommend isntalling Skyrim performance Monitor (launch SPM, then launch Mo via SPM, then launch SKSE from MO) to see if you are running at or near your max VRAM and/or RAM. Would also help to post your CPU/GPU/RAM/VRAM here and your enblocal.ini settings under [MEMORY]. 

With regards to LOOT, I can't help you there as I still use BOSS.

I guess I should be called a REGS-lite user; I don't have 13oranges, Fight Against the Thalmor or Interesting NPCs installed. I do use Inns & Taverns (without Realistic Room Rentals). I've downloaded and installed TES Arena Frontier, as part of a conflict seeking playtest run I'll attempt to see what conflicts arise between ETaC, Inns & Taverns & TES Arena Frontier. i love the throwback to previous TES lore, specifically towns & forts from the Arena map. I know 13oranges covered that subject in his work, but it doesn't seem to be actively supported, so I have high hopes that this can become a worthy successor.

I am also looking forward to the development of TES Arena Frontier. A lot will depend on how he is going to fill in the cities, but it looks promising. 

my question today though is how to set the rule ETAC after 3DNPC b/c for some reason LOOT is not showing the two as conflicting mods and thus not letting me create the rule.

Simply untick the "Show only conflicting plugins" box at the top right of the LOOT window (after selecting the ETaC plugin) to get the full list of mods.As for the crashes, I would suggest double checking your enblocal.ini settings. Also you say the crashes happen near major cities, so I'd recommend to also check that you installed Nernie's cities (loose version) and have disabled its .esp as per the guide.

In other news ... I see that Enai Siaion has published a sequel to Dwemerverse, Dwemertech - Magic of the Dwarves. Since Spectraverse is included in the REGS lineup, I thought you might want to take a look at this. It does bravely push beyond the bounds of lore in what sounds like a pretty ambitious way, check out the description page.

That's putting it lightly, I actually tried the mod, and while it's certainly interesting, it doesn't feel like something that would be in vanilla skyrim at all, especially the part where people are shooting what looks like lasers and plasma bolts at you. :| Edited by CJ2311

...That's putting it lightly, I actually tried the mod, and while it's certainly interesting, it doesn't feel like something that would be in vanilla skyrim at all, especially the part where people are shooting what looks like lasers and plasma bolts at you. :|

Well, that is ... unexpected. I've been optimizing textures and haven't played since downloading Dwemertech, I think I'll give it it's own profile, probably with the musket mod, and see how often that amuses me.

In my mainstream profiles I do look forward to investigating TES Arena Frontier as well as Beyond Reach. I'm not sure if the reach mod is ready for prime time yet, but the forum posts have me thinking it is progressing nicely.

I have updated the REGS - SRLE Compatibiltiy guide. I'll provide my SRLE-REGS compatibility patch esp soon which people can use instead of the outdated manual tes5editng instructions. I'll see if the mod section needs more updates still. 

This is my version at the moment which I will go over once more tomorrow to double check.

If anyone is willing, you can download it here and provide some feedback:

https://app.box.com/s/0vzr5iwh6fv3lnt034q2

• +1 3

In my mainstream profiles I do look forward to investigating TES Arena Frontier as well as Beyond Reach. I'm not sure if the reach mod is ready for prime time yet, but the forum posts have me thinking it is progressing nicely.

Wow, Beyond Reach looks beyond bad-ass.  It sounds like the author still has a bit of work to do on it and a lot of bugs to flesh out but I really like the way it looks.  Very dark, very disturbing...my type of mod, indeed.  Thanks for mentioning this one, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

I really want to play with TES Arena but it would take some work to get it to work properly with REGS, I think.  If anyone has good idea of what mods to drop to get it to work let me know, I don't see me devoting the time to troubleshooting it myself any time soon.