A Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim

I'd like to remind you that a lot of mods have scripted compatibility that relies on plugin names, some of these mods having special scripts to handle Alternate Start.

Also, it's a know thing that cart rides tend to but a lot the more mods you have.

So after additional troubleshooting I can confirm my issue isn't specific to AS-LAL, it occurs without it in my load order.

Additionally, I have made a new merged patch not including the main AS-LAL plugin to avoid future compatibility/scripting issues.

I will continue to search for the source of my paralyzed horses.

So after additional troubleshooting I can confirm my issue isn't specific to AS-LAL, it occurs without it in my load order.Additionally, I have made a new merged patch not including the main AS-LAL plugin to avoid future compatibility/scripting issues.I will continue to search for the source of my paralyzed horses.

Well, if I were you, I'd try to download the FNIS creature pack, because that's the only animations-related mod I know of, and usually when I get broken animations on NPCs it's just that I forgot to run FNIS.@Nearox: I actually commented on that video. :PI'd say it's still way too early to consider adding that mod to REGS.
  • +1 1

Good idea, I'll look at FNIS (I'm using it for skeleton arm fix). Trouble shooting did fore me to update/learn how to edit metadata in LOOT 0.6.0 so that's one in the win column regardless of the fate of Tamriel's horse population (lockjaw plague? did I add a rusty nail mod?).

Re- Immersive Fallen Trees, sounds great, but could create a lot of compatibility issues if there's a lot of edits across the world.

I wouldn't worry about the merger :p

About the Frontier fortress there should be a definite conflict with granite hall and possibly with what you said. 

Hroldan Nightgate almost definitely with Inns and Taverns since it modifies the insides of inns (at least seems so from the description)

Edited by Gandaganza

I've got Hroldan Nightgate & Sawmill villages plus its Ravenscar update, but I'm ashamed to admit I haven't been to any of these locations yet. I don't see any conflicts in Mod Organizer, but I haven't put eyes on the locations so I couldn't say for sure.

As for the TES Arena overhaul, wow, just wow. I had hoped 13oranges work would go that direction but stopped using it when I ran into stability issues. I will definitely track &/or add this to my lineup.

Thanks for the quick response. Inns and Taverns is one of my favourite mods and has saved my neck a number of times when caught in a blizzard. Plus it fits in extremely well with the Skyrim environment - like it should have been there in the vanilla game. So it's never moving from my load order and I will pass on the other two for now.

Oh and The New Vigil mod author has responded, which is nice.

Hey, here's our answer to incompatibility (from Inns & Taverns page);

Known incompatible mods:-Hroldan Nightgate and Sawmill Villages-Anga's Mill Enhanced-Become A Bard (Will not conflict, but new inns do not give options for singing)-Tes Arena - Skyrim Frontier Fortress-Immersive Settlements (Immersive Shors stone.esp)

So, I assume a patch for the future ETaC/IS will be forthcoming? As for the other two mentioned today, I'll cut Hroldan from my line up for duplication of effort & the fact that it adds a soul gem mine (I need some reason to go to black reach). I'm going to track TES Arena Frontier, and perhaps attempt a patch at some point if needed (love the old school lore expansion/inclusion). Saw the response from The Vigil's author, looks promising, good job.

• +1 1

What did the New Vigil author say? I've been talking to him and he seems a bit lost :/ He has the "new modder syndrome", wants to do everything at the same time :p (even though it seems he's been at it for some time)

As I said, I wouldn't worry about that patch ;)

And maybe the hroldan villages may not be worth it, since ETaC already adds a considerable size to all the villages, adding even more small settlements seems overkill to me (but to be sure I'd have to actually go and check everything but I simply do not have the patience xD), while the fortresses seem to be well made, at least on the exterior. And if they are indeed well made and lore-friendly, maybe replacing that old granite hall (let's face it, 13oranges work was great at the time, but it's getting old) and a patch for inns & taverns won't be hard to make, RIGHT CJ?

• +1 1

The New Vigil author posted a reply that he spoke with you and he is happy with the ideas and will send me a PM to discuss further. I agree, I think it needs streamlining and more direction. I'll keep you posted.

There was a comment in HN&SV (mouthful) that his little villages are too sprawling and are more like towns. This is a bit of a deal breaker for me otherwise Skyrim will become one endless village. It doesn't take long to move from end of the map to the other as it is. That's why I like Inns and Taverns so much. Small, quaint and keeping in character with environment.

I have all of 13oranges mods (as any good STEP user would) but have only been to a few locations. I liked his Lainterdale but couldn't do much there. I kept thinking I was missing something. Although there was a massive ongoing bandit attack (thanks OBIS) and maybe some of the dialogue options were closed. I thought there should have been a quest. And the mod which has the bandits in the cellar was a little glitchy - but a nice idea. I've disabled them all for the time being as I'm trying to get into MannyGT's quests without the distraction. But have ended up doing 2 playthroughs testing the Hunterborn betas instead!

What, I'm not a good STEP user now?!

I dropped the 13Os stuff due to glitches and lack of response from the author regarding same (always wanted Oakwood to provide some playmates for my LAkeview Manor kids but the CTDs were a dealbreaker).

I pulled HN&SV just now. Inns & Taverns will stay, when have some spare time I'll look at TES Arena Frontier for inclusion.

I've tried Frostfall/Hunterborn/Needs mods but ultimately decided they kept me from actually playing & progressing in the game (although I do like playing Fallout in hardcore survival mode, btw check out SRB's F&L Pack), and the script load was problematic. I'm happier sticking to swords and sorcery & leaving the survival stuff in the post apocalyptic wasteland (we always made the cleric cast "create food & water" back in the day).