Crazy flickering and polygons

z929669

Question

SOLUTION

Colors, poygons, flickering in/out. Major graphics glitching.

I tried Aiyens Skylight ENB and SkyRealism ... both under v246 of enbseries.

Using AMD single card (7970), and I get very bad glitching of the graphics with enbseries enabled. This must be something to do with a setting that is not playing nicely with AMD under the latest ENB.

Any ideas what I should tweak to at least find the source?

10 answers to this question

Also make sure that hardware and ingame AA techniques are disabled ofc (making new profiles in MO will use default files with AA enabled as I recall). Or they will cause such events.

But still if it keeps up then throw some screenshots my way and I will take a look.

Also make sure that hardware and ingame AA techniques are disabled ofc (making new profiles in MO will use default files with AA enabled as I recall). Or they will cause such events.

But still if it keeps up then throw some screenshots my way and I will take a look.

Thanks for the offer ... I may just hit you up on some advice as I progress.

Anyway, I found my issue. I had ...

iMultiSample=4
... set in skyrimprefs.ini. This in conjunction with ...

UseOriginalObjectsProcessing=false
... set in enbseries.ini was causing the glitching. Setting the former to '0' or '1' OR setting the latter to 'true' resolves. I assume that ONLY turning off AA in skyrimprefs.ini is the ideal solution.

Perhaps this means something to you or others and it can be put to good use. It makes little sense to me, but I can verify that this is tested and confirmed from my side.

Now I have a lot of work to do with regard to setting my enbseries.ini to my liking (but first, I will test yours out of the box ;) ) ... I'd like to get fx files that make full use of the latest additions to enbseries.ini, and I assume yours is one of the more evolved versions. I really always liked SkyRealism as a launching point in the past, but that seems quite outdated now.

Just for the record, since i played around with these settings a lot in the past:

You cannot use any ingame MSAA in conjunction with injected SMAA or most of ENB setting that requires DefferedRenderer=true (f.e. AO, IBL)

If you set it to "false" in enblocal.ini this will disable AO, ImagedBaseLight, the new Mists setting and some other, settings per default, even if they remains "true" in enbseries.ini.

Volumetric Rays are not dependend from DefferedRenderer and will stay enabled, but will still cause weird artifacts (grey, static lines in the image) when used together with MSAA and so also should be disabled if someone wants to use MSAA x2 or x4 (x8 is not recommend, almost no visable improvement but black lines above fire...).

With "DefferendRenderer=false" you will keep most of the ENBs features like Bloom, Colorsettings, SunGlare, CLoudshadows, DoF, Lens, Adaption, Water, Underwater, Sunrays, Skylighting etc but be able to use 4xMSAA.

Heheh I figured it was that Z... you can get the alpha version of my guide / readme on my nexus site... it has a section on how your skyrimprefs.ini should look to not cause any of those issues.

But glad to hear that you got it sorted out! :)