SIPP - Skyrim Ingredients Potions and Poisons by mindkiller316

rootsrat

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/48430

Fresh upload. 

Quite an interesting concept, not sure how it would do in game, but I may check it out at some point. Sorry, it's late and I'm off to bed soon, so I'll be lazy...

OVERVIEW:

Ever found it strange how a common 'Blue Mountain Flower' could be alchemically as potent as the 'Daedra Heart' when crafting a potion? In fact, almost every ingredient produces the exact same potion/poison when combined. There is no reward for finding and using rare ingredients when two common ingredients produce the same outcome. Well not any more.

MOD DESCRIPTION:

This mod changes it so every ingredient now contains unique properties for each of their four respective alchemy effects, thus creating a unique potion. This encourages the player to seek out all ingredients for their desired potion/poison. For duration based potions and poisons, the player may need to combine one ingredient that has a higher magnitude but a shorter duration, with that of another ingredient that has a weaker magnitude but a much longer duration to craft the ultimate version of the potion/poison.

All Health, Magicka, and Stamina potions are now duration based with vendor potions giving benefits lasting over a 5 second interval. Player created potions can potentially have restorative properties that last for up to 10 seconds, depending upon the certain rare ingredient of course. Furthermore, all duration based potions all much longer than vanilla but have also had their magnitudes reduced for balancing purposes. Personally, I found it difficult to concentrate in battle when vanilla potions last between 30 and 60 seconds. It was immersion breaking to have to constantly access menus just to check if the duration had ended, and then drink another potion.

Poisons are much deadlier than vanilla and should be effective at any player level and at any difficulty. The goal of this mod is to make potions and poisons a viable option for the player to use in battle.

Skooma now has Stamina and Magicka fortification properties in order to tempt the player to use them. The side effect of using these drugs will lower the player's ability to barter for an extended time after the beneficial properties have ended. The reasoning behind this is that the player is too 'messed-up' to effectively barter, again balancing purposes.

This mod was created with the Unofficial patches in mind. So this mod incorporates such similar fixes and changes. Also all alchemy perks should be properly applied to the ingredients that require them.

I wish that the price scale was changed a bit for potions. Take a couple of perks and you ca make thousands worth of potions in no time. I'd also like someone to change that 25 automatic points for every item crafted during smithing. I've looked for that formula, but I can't find it anywhere in the esm.

The only thing is, I'm using SkyRe at the moment :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Skyre is for milkdrinkers :p

I beg to differ, with the right mod choice ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Sure with a careful selection of mods, you can get up to milkshake drinker difficulty.

:)

Anyway - to get back on topic, this mod appears interesting from a non-Requiem point of view - it would make alchemy etc.. have more to do and be more immersive looking for special ingredients for that powerful brew.

:)

Anyway - to get back on topic, this mod appears interesting from a non-Requiem point of view - it would make alchemy etc.. have more to do and be more immersive looking for special ingredients for that powerful brew.

Yes, and max out your Alchemy skill brewing a couple of potions :)