HiAlgoBoost FPS Performance Accelerator with ENB support

No, renaming it like that won't work with the injector as I mentioned, as when using that you don't use the proxy function at all - say for example I wanted to use the SMAA injector with ENB's injector. Then I keep the SMAA dll named d3d9.dll still, and don't need to call it in the proxy-lib, as there is no d3d9.dll for ENB this way. If you download ENB binaries you'll notice there is a Injector folder and a Wrapper folder, they eventually do the same, just differently - and the injector version is overall compatible with more tools such as MSI Afterburner, Xfire etc etc. Never heard of Overwolf I'm afraid. :)

Released a new version

=============================================================

Updated to version 1.31:

-Various bugfixes

-Added SAFE_MODE1 for ATI cards with missing fire and cobwebs, and for other problematic systems.

-Added keys to toggle full/moderate reduction - PGUP/PGDN

Released a new version

Updated to version 1.31:

-Various bugfixes

-Added SAFE_MODE1 for ATI cards with missing fire and cobwebs, and for other problematic systems.

-Added keys to toggle full/moderate reduction - PGUP/PGDN

Rather than a toggle is it not possible to specify a resolution (1280x1024, 1024x768, &etc) as a minimum beyond which the graphics will not drop? This might give the mod a broader application in adjusting to the needs of specific systems.

I have considered that. But... There is something to be said about "integer ratio" reduction factors. They look better. I could try to add 1:1.5 (semi-integer). But from what I've seen limiting it to 1:2 does the trick - even on large monitors... Or am I mistaken?

HiAlgoBoost I am wondering what algorithm you are using to decide when to change game settings?

I'm guessing something like:

If FPS < 30 then set resolution lower, set game settings lower

Perhaps your using multiple data points like VRAM use and CPU and GPU percent utilized

Anyway an explanation of what is going on could help us understand if this is something we could adapt to be useful for us.

P.S. don't be afraid to get to geeky here, if you copy and paste some code here just make sure to select all the code and click the code brackets in the editor. You could also manually add the spoiler bracket in same format if its very long.

Frihyland, I think he did things much simpler. It's more like

If Turning 
Then Lower Resolution
The ini controls how low you want the res to drop (3:1 or 2:1) and the time it takes to change back to regular resolution (setting is from 1-3, default 2).

Spiffyman is right (again :) ). The problem with the approach you suggested, is that when changing resolution - the image would inevitably change, and you'll see some "creeping" textures. But when you are moving that is not visible. I initially implemented a hybrid approach - the system would "want" to set a specific resolution, but was allowed to make changes only during character motion. That worked very well, and the resolution change was gradual and unnoticeable... There were just two little problems: 1) This way you cannot decrease the resolution too much - it will be very apparent - so less acceleration; and 2) You never know when you go back to "natural resolution"... That "left a funny taste", you were never sure whether what you are seeing is the best it could be... Its a psychological problem. But in the current solution - if you don't move you get 100%. You can check this by toggling F10 while static - you won't find any differences on a pixel level (in case there are no bugs :) ), although rendering happens in two very different ways.

Does that make sense?

Hm. The new safe mod doesn't work for me. I have done Safe mode (with/without enb_mode) and safe mode1 (with/without enb_mode) and neither of them fixed the glitchy-ness with fog or lighting. I did get a new effect with safemod +enb_mode though. Have a look :) that effect kinda jumps around as I move...

Wohooo, how cool! :) Never saw that one before... Say - are you using any application settings overrides in the GPU control panel? Try setting them all to "use application settings"... I wonder... Hmmm....

EDIT: Does it look like the shadows have incorrect scale, incorrect position, combination of the above - or something completely crazy?

Also - take a peek in the log file - there could be some useful info... (My Documents\My Games\HiAlgo\HiAlgoBoost.log)

I actually didn't see any shadows, but then again, I was kind of distracted by the new thing. The log has some driver info stuff and then this:

05/18/12  11:46:25	vs_2_0
05/18/12  11:46:32	File c:\hiab\projects\hialgo1\IDirect3DDevice9_wrapper.h, Line: 722
05/18/12  11:46:33	File c:\hiab\projects\hialgo1\IDirect3DDevice9_wrapper.h, Line: 722
Those last 2 lines are repeated over and over. Easily over 100 lines of the same Line: 722 thing...

EDIT: okay, back in game, I didn't see any shadows at all. However, the weird effect seems to show fire and smoke when in the lighter parts, when in the darker parts of the effect the smoke goes away. But never any shadows...

I tested it on my laptop with a gt 555m and optimus; i got wrong placed shadows a fps drop, form 32 to 18.

I used both safe mode: false-false,true-false,false-true,true-true and they didn't halp much (the first safe mode slightly improved the shadows).

https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/857/screenshot6tg.png/

I also changed the name of the d3d9.dll and that fixed the shadows problem but the fps remained the same (~18). Strangely, enven toggling hialgoboost off with F10 didn't raise the fps above 25; maybe an issue with the custom .dll? This trick works with enb ( the fps with the wrapper and injector version are the same) and fxaa (didn't check the fps) but for examble doesn't work with smaa, so maybe it worked half?