Mod Organizer (by Tannin42)

z929669

Question

@Tech

Yes, I am launching SKSE through MO.

I know there have been reports of dragon soul absorption not working because of USKP or specific mods that alter the script.

But my skyrim is a fresh install with no mods.

This game works perfectly fine if I launch directly from SKSE.exe or TESV.exe, but doesn't work if Launching from MO.

Well thanks for the heads up Neovalen,

Ill have to figure out whats causing this issue by doing some testing.

UPDATE 2:

Well problem solved. It seems to have been a installation error.

The Mod Organizer Installer which I used before, seemed to create the bug where the dragon soul wouldn't absorb.

While the Mod Organizer Manual file, seems to fix the problem, and let me absorb the dragon souls.

So I am confused as to why one file works as intended and the other is creating another issue.

Either way, the problem has been fixed and this bug report can be disregarded.

PS: The delete post seems to not work for my account, can any admin help regarding this problem?

RC 1.0 released today! If you haven't been using the Beta versions (like myself)' date=' it's now considered stable enough to upgrade. Go get it now![hr']

Actually...you might want to hold off. MO is now crashing every time I install a new mod. I'm going to backup, uninstall and do a fresh install to see if it fixes the issue.

Doing a fresh install seemed to have fixed the issue.

Well actually it is NOT the 1.0 release. To quote Tannin (creator of MO):

Before I get into the features: the "rc1" in the version number means "release candidate" for 1.0.0.

It means that - to my knowledge - this version stable (most probably more stable than the version you're running right now) and if no major issues show up it may simply be relabled 1.0, but I want to do more public testing before actually calling it "1.0".

Your problems are most likely because of the following, from the OP of MO:

Important: The 1.0.0rc1 files I first uploaded were missing 2 files, I just uploaded the corrected archive (approx 15:10 GMT). If you were upgrading from a previous version you should be ok, a fresh installation from the old files is not possible.

Since the latest beta MO 0.99.6 and the 1.0 RC1 quite a few new (exiting) changes have been introduced, see changes button on OP of  MO or the MO forum. Its imho now the task of everybody using MO to switch to the RC1 version, put it on the rack and torture test it, and report issues to the issue tracker. IF issues are found they can be fixed by Tannin and a RC2 can be released. Then the cycle repeats till the latest RC does not have any  issues reported. At that time Tannin can relabel it 1.0. THEN the 1.0 version is out....

Just click the number twice and you can type in the number.

An alternative is to hit F2 when in the priority field. The right click method was implemented in the past but has been removed. Reason: Keeping the right click menu clean and uncluttered.

Remark: I believe that when you have selected multiple mods the double click/F2 method only works on one mod (not behind MO PC atm). That would be nice addition and a likely candidate for an 'enhancement ticket'. When you have 499 mods like the left pane gets rather large and makes drag&drop a bit less easy because of the scrolling (yes, I'm impatient).

@Deathwing514. Your post "MAJOR BUG REPORT (SOLVED)".

You have it solved which is nice. I'm writing this here so perhaps other ppl can benefit also. I saw your post in the MO forum and user Raygereio provided the following very interesting link: https://pastebin.com/FNLbr9qE. It discusses the problem AND a solution (also for MO users).

A snippet from it: "There is also the more common problem where you can't absorb any souls. This is either due to an incompatibility issue between certain mods and the Dragonborn DLC, or a flatout broken mod."

If you are using MO and have all mods in MO the /data directory is virgin. Hence when you start Skyrim normally you have a virgin Skyrim and have no mods installed. Hence I can imagine it then worked for you.

My experiences with dragon souls: With 0.99.x I have installed 499 mods (not all active) and have DG and DB DLC's installed. Load order solved by BOSS/BUM, WB for a bashed patch. Started a new game a few weeks back and in there the first dragon I encountered DID gave me his soul. So I could NOT replicate your problem. Only lvl 10 atm and have not encountered any more dragons.

I'm assuming you're launching SKSE via MO to start the game?

I just tested this on my vanilla profile and had no issues with the new version; however, I did have to completely uninstall the old version and reinstall the new one for MO to work properly.

Normally updating is safe. I did this multiple times by copying contents new MO zip into the MO directory. A fail safe method is provided by Vuud in the MO forum.

Did you by any change use the 1.0 RC1 installer instead of the above method? Iirc at least one user had problems with the installer. So perhaps that installer has a small issue.

Totally of topic but it makes my life a bit difficult. Noticed it last week and now again. Normally 'quote' (select message and click quote button) works BUT when I'm the last one who has responded in this forum and AFTER that I use quote that 'quoted' post and my response shows up in my last post. NOT as a new post which only has the quoted post I selected and my text. Has anybody else noticed the same thing or can replicate it. 

@techangel85. Normally updating is safe. I did this multiple times by copying contents new MO zip into the MO directory. Always worked except once because of some orphaned file from another MO install. But that was also fixed in MO 0.99.6 (it just removed that file it is still there).

A absolute fail safe method is provided by Vuud in the MO forum.

Did you by any change use the 1.0 RC1 installer instead of the 'copy zip contents' method?

Iirc at least one user had problems with the 1.0 RC1 installer. So perhaps that installer has a small issue.

Yes' date=' I was using the installer.[/quote']

Which means you are the second person who is having problems with the installer. Sounds like evidence there is a small critter in that installer. Its best to report this to the issue tracker, or if a ticket for this issue already exists to update it with your findings. That way Tannin can look into it which would help other users in the long run. Just my 2 euro cent. You must be logged in if you want to add a ticket.