Mod Organizer (by Tannin42)

z929669

Question

122 answers to this question

It lists any conflicts from the mods just like WB does. It's just not on the front pane besides an icon telling you that conflicts exists. Right-click on the mod, click Information, and click on Conflicts. Tells you how many from the current mod, how many from other mods, and lists them all just like WB.

Another feature would be the ability to install a mod from a loose directory instead of only from an archive. This would have halved the time it's taking me to do this switch.

Aside from my view that having the conflict list handily available without bringing focus onto a context menu is a huge plus ... Does it give you the installation order slot number of the conflicting mods too? Does it allow you to toggle active/inactive conflicts? Overrides?, Missing? Mismatches? ... I could go on ;)

Technically just put the dir into the MO/Mods dir. ;)

This though I always make an archive of my optimized mods and put them on a separate drive so I don't (usually) ever have to mess with doing it again.

Also if we want to get down to the nitty gritty Mod Organizer is missing the ability to change mod masters for things like ReProccerDragonborn etc.

It lists any conflicts from the mods just like WB does. It's just not on the front pane besides an icon telling you that conflicts exists. Right-click on the mod, click Information, and click on Conflicts. Tells you how many from the current mod, how many from other mods, and lists them all just like WB.

Another feature would be the ability to install a mod from a loose directory instead of only from an archive. This would have halved the time it's taking me to do this switch.

Aside from my view that having the conflict list handily available without bringing focus onto a context menu is a huge plus ... Does it give you the installation order slot number of the conflicting mods too? Does it allow you to toggle active/inactive conflicts? Overrides?, Missing? Mismatches? ... I could go on ;)

It does not give you the slot number, just the name of the mod that is conflicting.  I does tell the number of non-conflicted files and also lists the active and inactive, but not separately. No on overrides, missing, and mismatches. These are all great features suggestions for the author.

One feature it has which WB doesn't is it tells you if a mod is "redundant"; meaning every file within that mod is replaced by a file with higher priority. Currently my optimized Skyrim - Textures.bsa (saved as archived loose files) is listed as redundant so I know in certain profiles I can skip loading it.

If you have it optimized as loose files aren't you supposed to remove the .bsa from your DATA directory? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Not sure about this in the context of MO, but it does not matter if you have the BSA in your Data directory. The loose files will override. I simply deactivate the corresponding plugins so that the BSAs (and plugins) don't count towards the load limit.

MO keeps telling me I have to use it's browser once to use for nexus links, but when I click the browser icon it will open up my default browser. Also, the nxmhandler.exe isn't helping either.

Anyone know how to revert it back to using it's own browser?

The categories (e.g. UI, Visuals, NPCs) that you can apply to mods, not the names of the mods themselves.

Go to Settings (tool icon) > General (first tab that comes up) > Configure Mod Categories (button at bottom). You can add or remove categories here.