Mod Organizer (by Tannin42)

z929669

Question

122 answers to this question

I just created empty folders named as per STEP sections, and distinguished them by adding a lot of "=", so they look like this: =========== 2.F. Conflicting Graphics ===========

Each empty folder also has a red icon in the list so it's easily spottable when browsing through.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Basically afaik 0.12.9 is and will be the last stable version in the MO 0.12.x series. The next stable version will be a 1.0 release. MO 0.99.x basically is the beta (and later RC) for 1.0. In the current 0.99.x series there won't be introduced any (new) major changes. The 0.99.x however is quite different then 0.12.9. Lots of functionality has been converted to plugin. It now also support plugins written in Python instead of C++. MO is open source (most of it is GPL 3 I believe). Tannin hopes this will encourage other ppl to add/change plugins. In addition to that a slew of smaller changes have been added to give the UI a more coherent, a user called it a more 'elegant' feel. See changes on MO mod page. The current 0.99.6 version is for me even more stable then 0.12.9. Hope this explains it a bit.

Edit: it was supposed to be a reply for thunderclam but I made a mistake - new to this interface.

I just created empty folders named as per STEP sections, and distinguished them by adding a lot of "=", so they look like this: =========== 2.F. Conflicting Graphics ===========

Each empty folder also has a red icon in the list so it's easily spottable when browsing through.

To get rid of that red icon (I don't like it)  you can do two things.

• The red cross means 'no valid game data'. As in no textues/meshes etc found. Just create a Textures directory inside the 'mod' and in here create an empty .dds file. Eg hl_wolverine.dds. You can make this as fancy as you want with subdirs, .dds corresponding to the horizontal line you created etc...
  • Update to the 0.99.x series, current version 0.99.6. Select the 'mod', right click and select 'ignore missing data'.

Thanks for your input, Wolverine and thanks for your advice on Nexus yesterday, regarding using MO with 2 different games ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Your welcome. Nexus user UhuruNUru pointed me to this STEP MO thread. As I happen to like MO a wee bit its entirely possible this won't my last post here.

I'm still not sure I understand all this.

Let me try to explain it. In MO every directory in the /mods directory is considered a mod. Upon startup MO reads this /mods directory. Its atm not posible to create horizontal lines in MO. You can do this with a trick. Create for example a ==== STEP 2.B ===== directory in the mods directory. Let call this mod "horizontal line" Now at startup (or refreshing the left pane) MO recognizes a new mod called "horizontal line". MO also does some checks to see if this 'mod' is a real mod, as in has textures etc in it. As it is empty it will give an error sign. To prevent that create in this mod/directory some valid data  as I've explained. Anyway I advice to upgrade to 0.99.6, so you can use method 2. MO 0.99.6 is more stable  (for me) and has quite a few extra things. Hope this helps. Feel free to visit the MO foum as well.

Oh no, that I get. I just don't understand why there are two different versions in parallel development, one with a higher version number than the other. I run v0.99.1 and it's been plenty stable for me. With all the other issues I've been having, messing with MO is not high on my priority list.

If 99.6 is the the most stable and has extra things, do you recommend upgrading?

Oh no, that I get. I just don't understand why there are two different versions in parallel development, one with a higher version number than the other. I run v0.99.1 and it's been plenty stable for me. With all the other issues I've been having, messing with MO is not high on my priority list.

If 99.6 is the the most stable and has extra things, do you recommend upgrading?

I would definitely upgrade from 0.99.1 to 0.99.6. Lots of bugs are ironed out. Especially with regard to installing mods. I was not clear enough. Afaik there is only 1 version in development. There will be NO 0.12.10. The next stable version will be 1.0. This will come from the 0.99.x branche.