Mod Organizer (by Tannin42)

z929669

Question

Anyone know how the BAIN plugin works? Does WB have to be installed?

I just noticed it in the plugins list but it doesn't appear to be active.

Afaik all plugins for installing mods have been written in c++ except for the fomod installer (exernal)" which uses NCC (cmd line version of an older NMM). You don't need WB. NOTE: the BAIN plugin does not support wizard.txt. As in you don't get a fancy installer with screenshots and selection. Using step 2.2.6 I found one mod which has a Bain installer (and a fomod/NMM installer), this is Soul Gems Differ - Full and Empty (modid=6335). This has a wizards.txt. Selecting install start an installer which recognizes it as BAIN file. I only see stuff like 00 core, 100 ESP english. Selected both and checked what was installed. It was indeed the contents of those two mods but the transformed to a normal (data)/Textures format. So that seems ok.

Might I ask which mods you want to install which only have a BAIN installer and which BAin only mods you have tried?

Has anyone ran BOSS on the new v1.0rc? I installed SkyBirds, ran BOSS to allow it to sort and received a crash.

Thinking I might move back to v0.12.9

Its unfortunate that you have such a bad luck. Boss works fine for me, just like BUM, WB, etc.. Only Fnis does not like me in RC1. Should you have used the installer please try updating with the zipfile. For details see last two day post in the MO forum and for a failsafe update method the post by Vuud. I saw your posts in the bug genie issue tracker, thanks for using that. Instead of RC1 you could also try 0.99.6 to see if that works for you. Was rock stable for me and most users. Thats all I can do for you I'm afraid ;-(

I was only curious about the BAIN plugin as I know a lot of STEP mods are BAIN compatible. I recently installed Even Better Quest Objectives which is in BAIN format but it used the fomod rather than what you described above.

I have since reinstalled the darn thing manually without the installer and still no go. I'll look into the post by Vuud. (anyone kind enough to point me to it?)

I was only curious about the BAIN plugin as I know a lot of STEP mods are BAIN compatible. I recently installed Even Better Quest Objectives which is in BAIN format but it used the fomod rather than what you described above.

I have since reinstalled the darn thing manually without the installer and still no go. I'll look into the post by Vuud. (anyone kind enough to point me to it?)

Perhaps MO first tries a fomod installer and when not found resorts to the other installers.

MO forum date/time: posted @ 2:24, 8 Sep 2013 bu Vuud. REALLY not hard to find........

I have a MO related query but for Fallout New Vegas, not Skyrim.

Some mods for FNV are scripted. Couple of examples are One HUD and Unified HUD Project. They are pretty essential for a modded FNV game, however MO does not recognise these scripted installers. I've heard that there is a way to install them within MO, but I could not find any information on internet.

Can anyone help?

Anyone tried out the latest RC for Mod Organizer? It says for me at anyrate to ditch Nitpick in favor of itself since it apparently has that built in now.

Haven't tried it yet (today back from holiday) but in the last week or so in the MO forum this has been discussed:

*Edit* - I've now read all the posts regarding Nitpick issues in the comments thread here, and also seen your post (GsdFan) about it in the comments thread for Nitpick. Funny, I had actually assumed it would help MO, rather than hinder as the case seems to be here.

I haven't had problems with nitpick but some users had (perhaps related to the number of BSA files). For more see the MO forum, just search for the word nitpick using 'view forum thread'.

@wolverine: Do you know of place where there specific directions for using FNIS, Dual Sheath Redux, and any other SkyProc mod that people seem to have trouble with when using MO?

I've been wanting to do something for the wiki that seems to work for everyone, maybe with pictures or a video.

@wolverine: Do you know of place where there specific directions for using FNIS, Dual Sheath Redux, and any other SkyProc mod that people seem to have trouble with when using MO?

I've been wanting to do something for the wiki that seems to work for everyone, maybe with pictures or a video.

The only place I know of is the 'collective memory' of MO aka the Nexus MO forum. Using 'view forum forum' enables you to search it in one go.

FNIS has been discussed there in length with a good explanation. Now that I'm back form holiday I will also start to update the wiki with the stuff I've learned. Brilliant that you want to update the wiki!! 

Deathneko11 has made 3 videos (see video section MO or deathneko's Nexus mod page), one discusses Skyproc based programs like AV. SUM (needed when using multiple skyproc based programs) seems to be not working for every one. I have the atm. AV  kickstarted by MO works (1.1 GB mem usage), AV kickstarted by SUM (kickstarted by MO) gtives me an error. See ticket 345 in the MO issue tracker (https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/345). I have to delve into that but it seems mem usage related. Using Process Hacker 2 you can see a grahical reprensation of for example mem usage for a single program. It also shows in a tree programs spawned by a certain program. As in when running MO and I then run SUM I see that SUM is a child of MO and that when AV starts it is a child of SUM (very nice tool).

There are quite a few issues in the issue tracker which need some feedback/testing. The faster those are fixed the faster we can get an official 1.0 release (no RC's). There are a few issues Tannin can't replicate so extra feedback is crucial.

Perhaps if you have some time to spend you can have a look at them. The 'open issues list' can be found here: https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/open. I think that https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/347 is particularly easy to check, provide input/feedback for. Please always state the version of MO you are using. I'm currently retesting the NMM importer: https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/366, which is rather time consuming ;-( After that I have to delve into my own SUM issue: https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/345.

Kia ora

Looks like a great tool for mod installers so far,

I'm wondering how important install orders is, Yes I know about textures, last one it the ones that shows.

But what of other mods, I know the load order is sorted by the like of BOSS, does the install order really matter

to a great degree?. If so I would like to be able to move the download list up and down like you can in Wrye Bash

to set the install order for those of us that do not remember what order we installed our mods in, or do they stay

in the order they added to the list in the right panel?

PS:

Thanks you for the great effort

• +1 1