General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

You mean these messages, yes?

The conflict resolution order for some mods with scripts differs from the corresponding esp. This can lead to subtle, hard to locate bugs. You should re-order the affected mods. The following changes should fix the issue:

• Move Cutting Room Floor after Dragon Soul Absorb More Glorious - FEMALE
  • Move Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade after Cutting Room Floor
  • Move Run For Your Lives after Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
  • Move When Vampires Attack after Run For Your Lives
  • Move Enhanced Blood Textures after When Vampires Attack
  • Move aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Content Addon after Enhanced Blood Textures
  • Move Provincial Courier Service after aMidianBorn Book of Silence - Content Addon
  • Move Alternate Start - Live Another Life after Provincial Courier Service
Edited by DanielCoffey

Neo - should we update to the 1.2.0 beta version of ModOrganizer or stay at 1.1.2 + downgrade at the moment?

I upgraded but had some installer trouble (NCC)... haven't tried 1.2.0 + Downgrade tho... so officially stay unless you want to experiment.Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

During my current install, when unchecking "Automatic Archive Invalidation" in Mod Organizer. I'm left with a checked file in the Archive List called "Skyrim - Invalidation.bsa". Just wondering if this should be unchecked or left as it is (or if I have made an error)? 

Update: Reinstalled MO and recreated the Profiles (ensuring everything was unchecked) and the file is still there.

Posted Image

Edited by Euclydion

I'm getting a pretty consistent CTD whenever I fast travel or change between interior/exterior cells.  It doesn't happen the first time, it takes a few times before the game will just crash on me.  It also doesn't seem to matter where I'm at either, I can reload my last save then go to where I was going before it crashed and everything will load just fine... but over time it will crash, and it's always on a cell change (ie, I've never crashed just walking around, it's always when going into a interior space or leaving an interior space to an exterior one or vice versa).  Something I've noticed to is sometimes I can see what's on "the other side" before it crashes, which is weird to me.  You think that would be causing the problem?  What I mean by that is I'll see where I fast traveled to for a split second before I'm looking at my desktop.

I've followed the guide (mostly) to the letter.  I'm actually on my second time through it, as the first one I think I missed a step or two and decided to start from scratch to prevent issues.  What I haven't done is installed a few mods, mods that I felt were script heavy to prevent crashing.  I've also tried DDSopting some of the texture mods to 1k in hopes to prevent crashing...  I will say that my game runs flawlessly when I'm not CTDing.  I'm getting a steady 60FPS and it looks gorgeous, it's just these CTDs are taking their toll on me.  

Here's my computer setup:

Mobo: Intel DZ77GA-70K (Latest bios)

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K (Modest OC @ 4.0GHz)

RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 16GB (2x8GB)

GPU: Evga Nvidia Geforce 780 GTX (Not-OC'd, latest WHQLs)

Here's my BOSS load order:

Skyrim.esmUpdate.esmUnofficial Skyrim Patch.espDawnguard.esmUnofficial Dawnguard Patch.espHearthFires.esmUnofficial Hearthfire Patch.espDragonborn.esmUnofficial Dragonborn Patch.espFalskaar.esmWyrmstooth.espSkyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esmXFLMain.esmDSAMG - Miraak Music Fixes.espRelightingSkyrim.espRelighting Skyrim - Update.espRelighting Skyrim - HearthFire.espWeapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.espClothing & Clutter Fixes.espChesko_Frostfall.espBetter Dynamic Snow.espAOS.espmintylightningmod.espTradeBarter.espAshRocks.espChesko_WearableLantern.espDual Sheath Redux.espMoss Rocks.espMoss Rocks_DB.espPilgrimsDelight.espPoint The Way.espSDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.espSDO Full-LOD - The Morthal Swamp Light.espSDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures.espSkyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.espSkyrim Flora Overhaul.espSulfurRocks.espWetandCold.espWetandCold - Ashes.espWetandCold - Holidays.espFootprints.espFootprints - Ash.esptowConversation.espUIExtensions.espSkyUI.espiHUD.espAHZmoreHUD.espCloaks.esp1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.espHothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.espImproved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.espimp_helm_imp.espimp_guard_helm.espNightingaleArrows.espComplete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.espDeadlyDragons.espDSAMG - Greybeard Fix.espRun For Your Lives.espWhen Vampires Attack.espSkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.espBook Covers Skyrim.espGrass_On_Steroids_SFO-SHORT.espGuard Dialogue Overhaul.espWeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.espSFO - Dragonborn.espaMidianBorn_ContentAddon.espEnhancedLightsandFX.espELFX - Exteriors.espELFX - Dawnguard.espELFX - Dragonborn.espRealisticNeedsandDiseases.espFalskaarRNDHotfix.espBFSEffects.espDeadlySpellImpacts.espdD-No Spinning Death Animation.espBeards.espBrows.espTheEyesOfBeauty.espXFLConfig.espXFLDialogue.espXFLPanel.espXFLPlugins.espdD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.espRealisticWaterTwo.espRealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.espRealisticWaterTwo - Wyrmstooth.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Wyrmstooth.espRealisticWaterTwo - Falskaar.espRealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Falskaar.espPureweather.espAtlas Legendary.espAtlas Compass Tweaks.espCCO_WAFTrueWeapons_Patch.espCCO_SIC_Patch.espCCO_Frostfall_Patch.espBashed Patch, 0.espSUM.esp

As for some of the things I haven't done, I installed ENB mod but I am not using any of it's graphical features (because of this, I opted out of any ENB mods in the guide.  If there was an option to use ENB, I would choose the non-ENB option), instead I'm using it solely for the memory options it provides.  I would like to note that I was experiencing crashing issues with and without the use of ENB.  I installed it with the memory options enabled because I thought it might help me, but so far it hasn't.  Here's how that looks:

[PROXY]EnableProxyLibrary=falseInitProxyFunctions=trueProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll[GLOBAL]UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=trueUseDefferedRendering=falseIgnoreCreationKit=trueForceFakeVideocard=false[PERFORMANCE]SpeedHack=trueEnableOcclusionCulling=true[MULTIHEAD]ForceVideoAdapterIndex=falseVideoAdapterIndex=0[MEMORY]ExpandSystemMemoryX64=trueReduceSystemMemoryUsage=trueDisableDriverMemoryManager=falseDisablePreloadToVRAM=falseEnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=falseReservedMemorySizeMb=64VideoMemorySizeMb=3000EnableCompression=trueAutodetectVideoMemorySize=true[WINDOW]ForceBorderless=falseForceBorderlessFullscreen=false[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=trueMaxAnisotropy=16ForceLodBias=falseLodBias=0.0AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=falseEnableVSync=trueVSyncSkipNumFrames=0[LIMITER]WaitBusyRenderer=falseEnableFPSLimit=falseFPSLimit=10.0[INPUT]//shiftKeyCombination=16//f12KeyUseEffect=123//homeKeyFPSLimit=36//num /       106KeyShowFPS=106//print screenKeyScreenshot=44//enterKeyEditor=13//f4KeyFreeVRAM=115[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]Enable=falseQuality=1DesiredFPS=20.0[ANTIALIASING]EnableEdgeAA=falseEnableTemporalAA=falseEnableSubPixelAA=falseEnableTransparencyAA=false[FIX]FixGameBugs=trueFixParallaxBugs=trueFixAliasedTextures=trueIgnoreInventory=trueFixSsaoHairTransparency=trueFixTintGamma=trueRemoveBlur=falseFixSubSurfaceScattering=trueFixSkyReflection=trueFixCursorVisibility=true

I've also installed the Skyrim Memory Patch, however this was after I was already experiencing problems.  It seems to have helped, but doesn't seem to be a fix for me.

Other things I haven't installed are Climates of Tamriel, mainly because I was experiencing performance issues with it.  So all patches or CoT options I never used.  However, I did replace it with another climate mod I found called Pure Weather.  During my testing phase I never experienced issues with the Pure Weather mod so I don't think that's the cause, also because I will crash going into interior cells which makes me feel it's not the weather mod.  I also skipped out on Realistic Room Rental, Better Fast Travel, NPC Knockout, JaySuS Swords, OBIS, FCO, Bring out your dead, convenient horses, skyfalls and skymills, and all the modified and expanded quest mods as I didn't feel it was worth the added risk for CTD by using them.  Other than that, I have followed the guide, including all .ini edits.  

Any thoughts on where I can check to solve these CTD issues?  

EDIT:  So I've turned on EVGA's precision utility and enabled it to monitor memory usage and I'm noticing that once I go above 2GB vram the game will just drop.  I think I remember reading somewhere that the game gets very unstable once it gets passed 1.8GB, but I can't remember where I read that from.  My question is, what can I do about it IF this is what is causing me my issues?  None of my textures are above 1k except for SRO, and the guide I feel is more VRAM intensive than what I did.  How on earth can anyone run 2k or even 4k textures if the game will kill itself over 2GB vram usage?  It makes me wonder if that is the cause or just coincidence?  

EDIT 2:  OK, so watching my memory usage more closely I can see that while it will go up, it will never drop.  An example of this is I was in an interior cell sitting at 1400MB, went into the next room (through a cell change) and it jumped to 1500MB, then I went back into the previous room but the VRAM never dropped, it remained at 1500MB~.  I go exterior to the outside and it jumps to 2200MB, I go back inside to the same exact room I originally started out with 1400MB and it is still at 2200MB~, then the game crashes shortly after.  Aside from starting over (which I really don't want to do if I don't have to) what can be done about this??  Has anyone encountered this type of problem before?

EDIT 3: This is becoming more like a live journal than a post, but I wanted to report what I found in hopes someone knows what I'm dealing with!  I used Skyrim Performance Monitor for a better picture and this is what I got from the few minutes I played it before I CTD:

Posted Image

The maximum vram usage is under my total vram, and I'm not even coming close to the 3.1GB limit the engine possesses... so I'm kind of at a loss.  It seems the game just likes to crash right around this limit.  I tried starting a new game and saw vram usage upwards of 2700MB and it seemed to take it just fine!  So I don't know!  What's happening?!

Thanks!

Sidenote:  Other than that I really like this guide.  The mods it adds in and the detail of explanation is great.  I found it oddly satisfying cleaning up vanilla files, optimizing textures, and getting the base game as humanly stable as possible before piling on a bunch of stuff.  The game looks great, even without ENB and I'm having a blast playing it (level 15 so far).  If it weren't for these CTDs I'd probably be lost in the game all day.  

Edited by perkymcgiggles

About to start an install of Skyrim with SR:LE as a base. Id like to add Perma (which i see there is a forum post about adding already), Inconsequential NPCs, Interesting NPCs, 360 run walk, appropriately attired Jarls and lanterns of skyrim.

Would anyone be able to give some tips as to where they should go in the the MO left pane load order? Thanks muchly!

What I'd do is put Perma at the bottom, along with all it's patches and follow the suggested load order on the PCaPP page.

The Interesting NPC's could probably go in with the Quest mods, cause that is essentially what it is. Inconsequential NPC's I'd just throw in with the 'People' section at the end of that.

360 Run walk I'd put in the Animations section.

Lanterns of Skyrim and ELFX don't always play nice, so bare that in mind.

Appropriately Attired Jarls is a fix, so drop it in the Fixes section.

Alternatively....

Put the whole lot of them (except maybe the Jarls fix) at the end of SR:LE, but before you do the Bashed Patch etc. LOOT/BOSS should sort it out for you.

Edited by Nozzer66