General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

I think it's the new nvidia driver as well. Right after I installed it Skyrim has been having these issue where there's noticeable lag, CTD, and this really weird problem where the game will freeze up for a bit and my monitor will do a quick 'No Signal' and then come back. Really weird and unfortunately Skyrim's unplayable as it is, I get the issue's right at the start.

I would definitely recommend people keep testing the new driver.  I reverted back to the last whql and my game works fine now, however its possible that I bungled the install in some way (I am a little concerned with the geforce experience conflicting with Inspector as I got several backend crashes and nv perf monitor would bsod windows).  So take this report with a grain of salt, it is far from a scientific analysis.

So a new driver for nvidia come out and while I don't have the 'monitor will black out' every now and then I've had this problem twice when when I enter an interior the monitor will go no signal and the game crashes.

This is where it gets weird. After the above happens it looks like Skyrim minimizes but the program frame is still there, the picture in the frame (Which should be Skyrim.) doesn't have anything in it but has this opaque/clear screen in it. And everything is still running it's just in the Not Responding in the taskmanager.

Weird as all Hell.

Edit: Huh, now it back to my previous post with the odd 'No Signal' monitor problem. Except it happens no where near as much as the previous driver and my game seems more stable somehow. Weird as hell.

Edited by Crimson13

I've just installed SRLE.

And I had issues almost since the beginning with the "camping in the woods" alternate start.

I'm currently using the nvidia drivers 334.89 (freshly installed after DDU cleanup) and having many issues approaching yours.

With the shadows for example by turning head juuust a little.

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=884746Shadowissue1.jpg

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=460727Shadowissue2.jpg

And when accessing the Map I get this screen, and after exiting, the whole world is just shadows and the FPS drop is dramatical.

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=273695Map.jpg

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=760295AfterMap.jpg

Are these problems related to drivers?

I have three issues with my brand new SR:LE install and would appreciate pointers on what to check to remedy the issues.

1. Transparent Aspen Trees - Just near the first hidden treasure location near Riverwood I came across a semi-transparent trunk on an Aspen tree. I know there is the Skyrim Flora Overhaul - Aspen Tree fix (which did resolve the issue for me) but the current SR:LE guide does not instruct us to install it. Did I do something wrong in order to need this replacement mesh?

2. Semi-naked bandits - like noobsayer, I had an OBIS bandit who did not have the correct clothing. They were dressed in a linen cloak, a face mask and weapons and that was it. No boots, no torso armour. I assume I need to check the Conflict Resolution ESP but since I am not the only person to mention this, I would like to ask if I am likely to have made a mistake or is it an issue with the current Conflict Resolution?

3. Non-visible face masks. Two OBIS bandits have dropped cloth face masks which do not appear on the NPC or my character when worn. They do not clash with the helm slot but weigh 0 and are worth 0. Which mod are they from and should they be visible?

EDIT : 2. is resolved - it was an issue in my conflict resolution stemming from when I updated Immersive Armors 7.0 to 7.1

Edited by DanielCoffey

It appears the OBIS face masks conflict because of their slot number. Searching the OBIS forum thread for "Masks" reveals answers to the issue around post number 12912828. Clashing mods may include Face Masks of Skyrim, Frostfall and Wearable Lanterns.

EDIT : I will get you a screenie if the affected Aspen tree as it is easy to find. There we go... and a shot to show you where it is near Riverwood.

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by DanielCoffey