General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

Cool.

Another question: in the Clutter and Miscellaneous part of your tuto, you give a link to the latest version of the "Animated Dwemer Lift Load Doors" package and inside there is two folders : "Animated Dwemer Lift Load Door.zips" and "Animated Dwemer Lift Load Doors for Dragonborn DLC.zip".

You don't give any recommendation but I guess I should use the Dragonborn version, right?

Thanks.

The way I do that is grab the original download. Install that via MO. Yes MO will spit out the mod is not packaged properly warning. Ignore it and let it happen. MO will show the mod name in the left hand pane in italics, suggesting it thinks it wont work.

Once that's all done, right click on the mod in the left hand pane, select open in explorer. When that's open, just use your unpacking tool and unpack the two archives to that folder. Close it when done, and refresh MO. The mod will now show as fine.

Thanks Nozzer66, I actually installed both packages separately and let MO merge them, is it alright too?

Another question, when installing Subliminal Traps 2, the guide recommends to install the Version 2.1 + Sovngarde Edition. When I go to Nexus to download it, it says that the Sovngarde Edition is a standalone and you should install only this one but it's a version 1 so should I install the version 2.1 first and then this one anyway?

Edited by Monkee

Yeah that's fine too. You'll essentially end up with the same thing.

The Subliminal Traps thing, if you read closer suggests that the Sovngarde edition is Standalone compared to the other file (which I think changes the pressure plates). Ie you cant use the Sovngarde edition plus that other file)

So yes do the 2.1 and Sovngarde and merge one into the other.

Edited by Nozzer66

Oh no, I came so close to the end...  ::(:

It seems that Better Vampire is 5 times in a conflict resolution of the CR patch.

What would you recommend me for now, to wait until the new Better Vampire is out?

Edited by Monkee

By the way, I recall installing "Alternate Start - Live Another Life" through your guide but I never played the Vanilla game, can I follow the REGS instructions to play the vanilla start ?

1. Disable Helgen Reborn.esp from the load order.
  2. Run BOSS and rebuild the Bashed Patch. Also run FNIS and/or SUM if you use those tools.
  3. Start a new game.
  4. Finish the Helgen Sequence.
  5. Save after getting out of the cave and exit the game.
  6. Enable the Helgen Reborn.esp.
  7. Run BOSS again.
  8. Play the game.

Also I just checked and you updated the ENB Related Data Files yesterday, can I just install the new version and overwrite the previous one or is there a specific way to properly apply updates for mods?

Thanks.

Edited by Monkee

If you don't have Helgen Reborn simply select the vanilla start (caught crossing the border) at the statue then click the bed to start the game.

In this case simply overwrite. Mostly just follow the authors instructions on how to update if you are mid game.

I have installed Vividian ENB 7beta2 to separate folder but in "Vividian ENB Install Files" I only have "enbseries" folder and "enbseries.ini" file. No other files.

Should I install it over version 6?

I have installed Vividian ENB 7beta2 to separate folder but in "Vividian ENB Install Files" I only have "enbseries" folder and "enbseries.ini" file. No other files.

Should I install it over version 6?

If using the ENB Manager as recommended in the guide you simply click activate on the new version. That will remove the old files and put the new ones in there. If you didnt use the manager you must manually delete the old files before putting in the new files. It is recommended to make sure to delete WeatherlistBackup in the enbseries folder as well since real shelter created it.