General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

Neo - is Realistic Needs and Diseases in your plan for SR:LE? I only ask because Realistic Water Two has an option in its installer for RND Compatibility.

Also I think there is an issue with the current version of OneTweak which, in some circumstances, requires an ini edit for BWMode=2. The symptoms are an eternal black screen with beach ball as the Borderless Window fails to complete.

Neo - is Realistic Needs and Diseases in your plan for SR:LE? I only ask because Realistic Water Two has an option in its installer for RND Compatibility.

Also I think there is an issue with the current version of OneTweak which, in some circumstances, requires an ini edit for BWMode=2. The symptoms are an eternal black screen with beach ball as the Borderless Window fails to complete.

RND - Likely, I really hate that it messes up water collision splashes. I do like the amount of extra immersion it provides though.

I don't have an issue with OneTweak myself but have heard many people having issues. I will look a little closer at it.

Was the original idea behind Borderless Window to increase stability and reduce micro stutter or just to help with alt-tabbing? It will be interesting to see if we actually notice a difference in that case or whether it was placebo.

1. When you get an ILS/Freeze you can actually close the window and continue. For some reason, if I get a freeze or ILS when in full screen I can't bring up task manager even... granted these should not happen but when testing a ton of mods like I do...

2. Alt-Tabbing is easier to be able to multi-task in general.

3. Being able to run in a smaller than full window for performance reasons (I'm on a 2560x1600 display... 1920x1080 is doable in a window for more performance).

All around windowed was a little easier to work with. I seem to be getting good performance full screened though so figure I'd stick with it for now until it becomes a problem.

Another update on this topic. I have re-removed Double Cursor Fix. ENB can handle the same functionality via enblocal.ini parameter "FixCursorVisibility=true". (Set by default in Unreal Cinema ENB)

Side note: If you want borderless full screen (as SR used to be using OneTweak) set bFull Screen=0 in the SkyrimPrefs.ini then "ForceBorderless=true" and "ForceBorderlessFullScreen=true" in enblocal.ini.

Another update on this topic. I have re-removed Double Cursor Fix. ENB can handle the same functionality via enblocal.ini parameter "FixCursorVisibility=true". (Set by default in Unreal Cinema ENB)

Side note: If you want borderless full screen (as SR used to be using OneTweak) set bFull Screen=0 in the SkyrimPrefs.ini then "ForceBorderless=true" and "ForceBorderlessFullScreen=true" in enblocal.ini.

Have you been able to compare performance between normal fullscreen, ENB Borderless Windowed and the Borderless Window (the plugin)?

Have you been able to compare performance between normal fullscreen, ENB Borderless Windowed and the Borderless Window (the plugin)?
Not really, I've been battling some driver issues between ENB and Nvidia lately.

Neo, does SFO-Dragonborn.esp still needs to be placed after SFO-expanded diversity esp?

Because it is included in the Masterlist and BOSS places it above expanded diversity.esp.

If it needs to be after SFO-Expaned Diversity.esp then, I assume, the guide should change to "Override", right?

Neo, does SFO-Dragonborn.esp still needs to be placed after SFO-expanded diversity esp?

Because it is included in the Masterlist and BOSS places it above expanded diversity.esp.

If it needs to be after SFO-Expaned Diversity.esp then, I assume, the guide should change to "Override", right?

I removed the note. Was only needed until added to master list.

Hello, this is not exactly a "support thread" post, sry, but I see no reason to start a new tost only to this, so:

Around 1 yr ago I started installing some mods, and ~~6/7 months ago I discovered SR guide and STEP community, got delighted and start following the SR guide and installing the mods and learn about the tools and how to's...

Since many mods was still updating, just like the guide, I decided to stop updating and keep that version and enjoy my new modded skyrim. I've been keeping an eye on the foruns and tought it's time to start again from the scraches with all new stuff from the mods and the guide from neonvalen.

so 2 weeks ago, I started following this guide from 29-august : https://wiki.step-project.com/index.php?title=User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition&oldid=27202 because of this post from Neon: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=2830

i'm in around 60% of the guide now, then today I discovered another revision last updated today:

https://wiki.step-project.com/index.php?title=User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition

What is this "SR Conflict Resolution.esp"?Its something new, or I lost something, maybe it will be released?

Cant figure out the new way to resolve conflicting mods, before there was pointing what to do in the nodes, lines and etc, now only "Conflict Resolution: Use record from.."

For now i think I'll keep instaling the old version (29-aug) that seems to be stable and very complete, and will keep an eye here to see the news and in some months i'll do everthing from scraches again, or maybe i should wait another release?

Thanks for keeping this work to improve skyrim, I think there are more users like me that are not so active on foruns, but always keep an eye to see the news, and appreciate this work and effort.

sorry for my english,

Icaro

No they weren't "lost" Neovalen the guide's creator is going through the old Skyrim Revisited and rebuilding from the ground up which is why there are fewer mods and there are few if any instruction for the conflict resolutions.

Neovalen will still be adding the conflict resolutions once he has a more complete mod list (i.e. when he has most of the mods he wants to in the guide) and load order the way he wants it. Then he will start going back and adding the instructions for TES5Edit Conflict Resolution. He says he may share a completed patch but the TES5Edit instructions will remain.