General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

A couple folks are testing it as it moves along. Neo isn't updating that percentage daily, so it's not 100% accurate.

That being said, it has been a ton of work on his end; as he is literally going through every mod and doing full texture comparisons, optimizations, etc. I can't speak for when it will be done, but it is being worked on every day and it's getting close to the end of the mod list for the first pass by Neo.

Just means you have to make sure you do not have any hardware AA enabled at all! If you do then most ENB effects will not work properly.

Thanks.

I think I shut everything off with nvidia inspector.

Either I inadvertently changed something, or I have never noticed this before. (Im betting that I accidentally changed something and now i dont know what it is)

Posted Image

yes, i do use better dynamic snow (but i dont think that mod touches this mesh or similar meshes)

for this particular screenshot, the ugly white paint splatter is associated with the MountainCliffSlope.nif mesh

yeah in the troubleshooting process i deactivated all of my mountain and rock meshes so those are the fugly vanilla meshes :)

ive done a ton of research into this and basically there are many different factors that go into the appearance of that ugly white paint snow, including (but not limited to):

• slope/bumpiness of the snow01_n and snowrocks_n normal maps
  • alpha channel in the diffuse maps of the same name
  • alpha threshold of the mesh, set by the NiAlphaProperty
  • hex-code shader flag for NiAlphaProperty (although i dont think a different flag will help here or would be worth the trouble of changing every single mesh by hand)
  • im sure theres something im forgetting
so yeah, its not a straightforward solution and depends a lot on which snow textures you use since different artists use different alphas, some dont provide normal maps, etc. etc. 

All in all, it's just really annoying and a huge PITA to mess with :)

pfff. Back with still some problems. My game still freezes when a caster in the wild is using fire or frost spells on me. Last days I reduced my esp's from 248 to 227. And I deactivated most of the battle esp's like enhanced blood, and earlier deadly spells and burn freeze shock effects. But still my game freezes. It doesn't happen when it's from a distance, but only from close by. I also reduced my textures more in line with step 2.2.6 so my GTX670 2Gb could run them smoothly, and it does.

Hey guys I am at the final step of installing SR, however I have run into a problem with the SUM - Skyproc Patcher.

As per the instructions of SR, I installed SUM via MO. Then I added the executable by using the data structure in the right hand panel. It says that MO will automatically configure SUM.

SUM starts successfully but then it does not display 'Automatic Variants' and 'Dual Sheet Redux' in the patcher list.

I figured that SUM may not see these parts, as they are loaded by the 'virtual instance' of MO. So I copied SUM to the Skyrim/Data directory and then re-added the exectuable. Now, it does display 'Automatic Variants' and 'Dual Sheet Redux'.

However, when I check AV settings, there is no AV package listed (I installed them all and made sure I checked them all). Also when I run the Dual Sheet Redux option it gives me an error saying it cannot find skyrim.esm and update.esm

What am I missing here?

I have installed Skyrim to C:\Skyrim

Mods are in C:\Mod Organizer Mods

Everything else of MO is in its default directory C:\Program Filesx86\Mod Organizer

Also, when I run FNIS, it says: 373 animations for 2 mods successfully included. It also says >>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<

FNIS is supposed to copy some files to the overwrite directory, but no files appear there.

EDIT: I checked https://afterimagemetal.com/SkyProc/SUM%20Readme.html for a solution but nothing works.

I have a question on long loading times and ENB setups.

After deleting my working SR setup recently I installed SR:LE last week. I added about 20 mods without problems and had to edit a few of the SR:LE choices - for example there have been regular CTDs when using torches so I deactivated all torch mods without looking after the culprit, or the waterfall and distant viewing mods because of crashes and long loading times. I use Unreal ENB and like the look of the game.

But after some playing I encountered a strange error: Suddenly I could not load about ten of my recent savegames anymore, the game just crashed shortly after selecting them. After immense fiddling around with my setup and various ENB versions the game was stable again and I could continue from an olders save file (I think I broke the save games while toying with the ini files). But during the process I was able to see the differences of the different ENB versions. And I was suffering from endless loading times.

So I tested some versions of d3d9.dll and different ENB setups to compare loading save games and moving around in Whiterun. And I was stunned: Without any ENB or only with the memory boost version I have great loading times between 5 and 20 seconds and no problems while with graphic mods activated I get long loading times of up to two minutes or just infinite loading screens.

Do I have to give up the nice graphic effects of an ENB for more stability and less waiting? Or is there are workaround for the problem?

Thanks for your help!

Best advice is to play around with the ENBoost values and optimize them to your system!

There are no "golden values" that work for all.

If it persist in being a problem then try to disable features like AO etc. and see if that helps.

It is not longer easy to troubleshoot these issues with the new memory additions, since every user more or less need to optimize for their own setup!