v2.3 - Feedback & Bug Reports

bonfire.thumb.jpg.747fe292f153755009ed0e17dce50fbd.jpg

Floating bonfire next to Bannered Mare from "Fires and Embers Clipping Fix", REF FORM 000827A7

(How do I print screen when console is on?) Print Screen don't work, F12 don't work...

Edited by TadasTalalas
  • +1 1

One thing about changelog. Why it is not like this for example?:

[2024 08 20]

Step Patch - Conflict Resolution - This increments the current version of the guide to 2.3.1

Updated instructions for Creation Club Open Helmets - Install v1.4 from Old File

[2024 08 29]

Step Patch - Conflict Resolution - This increments the current version of the guide to 2.3.2

etc etc

Because now it is just a big mass of changes, so for example I checked the changelog 10 days ago and I checked the changelog today and if I don't have sharp eyes and good memory I will totally miss NEW changes you made in those few days in between you know what I mean?

• +1 2

2 hours ago, TadasTalalas said:

Floating bonfire next to Bannered Mare from "Fires and Embers Clipping Fix", REF FORM 000827A7

Having the same visual bug, FaECF completely overwrites a record from Embers XD, when i forwarded those records, both the brazier and the fires disappeared (the object in Embers XD is initially diabled)?

2 hours ago, TadasTalalas said:

(How do I print screen when console is on?) Print Screen don't work, F12 don't work...

Hi Tadas, there are several possibilities to screenshot also from within the console suggested in this thread, i almost always forget these ...

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17736-fishing-in-eastmarch/

Edited by CorneliusC
  • Thanks 1

Aha! Another culprit!

VLC-Seam.thumb.jpg.3668f21faeb321bb6485766f1a734404.jpg VLC-Map.thumb.jpg.628b8df65a66c8b776c5009d7f0d004f.jpg

That dark rock is from unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp, Ref Form: 0F1773F2

Snow landscape overlapping the rock is from VLC - References.esm, Ref Form: 0005E270

-------------------------

Another one:

Step-SkyrimSE28.thumb.jpg.ae44fec65d5502312be504557ac17abe.jpg Step-SkyrimSE29.thumb.jpg.5c10899da2a9c1a53663395a6b005584.jpg

Those rocks from VLV - References.esm, Ref Form: 0006BC44

Edited by TadasTalalas
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TadasTalalas said:

bonfire.thumb.jpg.747fe292f153755009ed0e17dce50fbd.jpg

I see that too. Hmm. I hadn't noticed this before. It's missing a brazier or a pot. I'll have a look.

You can use the xbox game bar for screens: Windows button + Alt + PrintScreen

5 hours ago, TadasTalalas said:

One thing about changelog. Why it is not like this for example?:

[2024 08 20]

Step Patch - Conflict Resolution - This increments the current version of the guide to 2.3.1

Updated instructions for Creation Club Open Helmets - Install v1.4 from Old File

[2024 08 29]

Step Patch - Conflict Resolution - This increments the current version of the guide to 2.3.2

etc etc

Because now it is just a big mass of changes, so for example I checked the changelog 10 days ago and I checked the changelog today and if I don't have sharp eyes and good memory I will totally miss NEW changes you made in those few days in between you know what I mean?

Latest changes are at the top. It's a wiki, so use history to check dates. I don't like doing more work than necessary, and adding dates is just one more thing to forget.

image.png

image.png

image.png

4 hours ago, TadasTalalas said:

Aha! Another culprit!

VLC-Seam.thumb.jpg.3668f21faeb321bb6485766f1a734404.jpg VLC-Map.thumb.jpg.628b8df65a66c8b776c5009d7f0d004f.jpg

That dark rock is from unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp, Ref Form: 0F1773F2

Snow landscape overlapping the rock is from VLC - References.esm, Ref Form: 0005E270

-------------------------

Another one:

Step-SkyrimSE28.thumb.jpg.ae44fec65d5502312be504557ac17abe.jpg Step-SkyrimSE29.thumb.jpg.5c10899da2a9c1a53663395a6b005584.jpg

Those rocks from VLV - References.esm, Ref Form: 0006BC44

Make bug reports on VLC Nexus page for these sorts of things.

You can link to your posts about it here, since screenshots on Nexus are a PITA.

Use the ellipse > share link.

image.png

1 hour ago, D1Z4STR said:

At step 7 xLODGen screenshot for LOD32 shows bake normal-maps on but the previous LOD levels its off. Which do we use? It's either on for all levels or off. Thanks!

Someone asked about that. It's a relic from an outdated screenshot. This setting applies to all LOD levels. Leave it off. I will fix it at some point.

It probably doesn't matter for our build either way, but I haven't tested it thoroughly.

On 8/31/2024 at 2:12 PM, CorneliusC said:

Having the same visual bug, FaECF completely overwrites a record from Embers XD, when i forwarded those records, both the brazier and the fires disappeared (the object in Embers XD is initially diabled)?

It's actually RS being overridden:

image.png

RS probably disables this one because the brazier clips with the ground and plants at that location. RS also disables the brazier:

image.png

I missed this in the Step patches. I also noticed that most of the FaECF patches should be in the CR patch rather than the LW patch, so I will need to make that change as well. <-- WRONG. Ignore that.

5 hours ago, z929669 said:

I see that too. Hmm. I hadn't noticed this before. It's missing a brazier or a pot. I'll have a look.

You can use the xbox game bar for screens: Windows button + Alt + PrintScreen

Latest changes are at the top. It's a wiki, so use history to check dates. I don't like doing more work than necessary, and adding dates is just one more thing to forget.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Daaaaam it has a proper version history! Super cool

• Like 1

5 hours ago, z929669 said:

I missed this in the Step patches. I also noticed that most of the FaECF patches should be in the CR patch rather than the LW patch, so I will need to make that change as well.

Thanks for checking. (I also might have switched the different mods from memory, sorry).

Navigator Navmesh Fixes has 2 minor conflicts in xEdit that the CR does not pick up.

FormID - 000151F5 - conflict with Relighting Skyrim

FormID - 02002C96 - conflict with Fire and Embers Clipping Fix

-Edit- even though xEdit reports the above it might not be a issue, none or minor at best is my guess

Edited by D1Z4STR
  • Like 1