v2.3 - Feedback & Bug Reports

11 hours ago, d2eRX52 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

DynDOLOD did his stuff for about 01:30h and gave me this (though it also gave me output).
What I could did wrong? DynDOLOD Resources match (I checked), what else could it be? Is it critical?

2 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

These are files I believe from 'ACMOS Road Generator Tool', which overwrite LODGen files, which I think are intended overwrites, but DynDOLOD still sees as errors. Please see an older discussion about the same error findings by DynDOLOD.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

The missing textures will be fixed when TechAngel updates RWT. Those meshes were modified, but the custom texture path wasn't added. Probably will need to rerun TexGen/DynDOLOD when that happens, but it may not be noticeable in game. Let us know if it is.

The mismatching textures can be ignored. These are mods that don't have proper LOD assets and will use the vanilla fallback, I think. Post on the DynDOLOD Support forums with your TexGen and DynDOLOD debug logs for better answers.

RWT has been updated, thanks to :cool: @TechAngel85 :cool:

21 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

Guide say.... Each of these optional 'combo' CR patches requires the the respective modular patches as masters.

So yes i belive.

This sounds right. So long since i generated grass cache. Ended up being 1,56 GB.

20 hours ago, d2eRX52 said:

1,58 gb for me
i don't know where is the little difference coming from, i hope nothing critical will arise from this

I just generated grass again:

image.png

Is "flashing" OK when you close the menu and return to the game? I think ENB just for a second disables itself or something like that. I didn't play earlier with ENB much, so I don't remember, if this is common behaviour.

Otherwise, I think everything is working.

Edited by d2eRX52

6 hours ago, d2eRX52 said:

Is "flashing" OK when you close the menu and return to the game? I think ENB just for a second disables itself or something like that. I didn't play earlier with ENB much, so I don't remember, if this is common behaviour.

Otherwise, I think everything is working.

I've noticed this while generating the grass cache, but I disable ENB for that to speed up the game loading process.

On first run of BethINI Pie as MO executable user gets this popup to configure paths:

bethinipie.thumb.jpg.ae9af009c6f2a6bad308f37fa930f7d6.jpg

Obviously this ini path we don't need (I assume, if not then I don't understand crap), we need ini's in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Step SkyrimSE 2.3\profiles\

One more thing: At this point we have only default profile so we have only "Default" folder in our profiles folder. Before we were making profiles, now we are using instances (I assume), should we point to profiles\default ? 

Also this image is not clear:

mobeth.thumb.jpg.6b7653ecd2a00e3140ececaa6126b59f.jpg

%LOCALAPPDATA%\<gameFolder> this probably should be like %LOCALAPPDATA%\ModOrganizer\Step SkyrimSE 2.3\profiles\Default <--don't know about Default thing, should we have already created seperate profile or we will stay with default profile the whole guide?

Also in image above says: "See the Tools configuration table in the previous section.", but in BethINI Pie tools configuration section we have no special information (nothing actually to see there):

arguments.thumb.jpg.dba2425d2bd15175fd702d9413ce0dc3.jpg

So another question derives from that: Why we have to see the tools configuration table in the previous section?

Edited by TadasTalalas
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TadasTalalas said:

On first run of BethINI Pie as MO executable user gets this popup to configure paths:

Obviously this ini path we don't need (I assume, if not then I don't understand crap), we need ini's in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\Step SkyrimSE 2.3\profiles\

I think I had read Pie version was done with MO in mind, example we can now launch Pie through MO, and path will be in documents then, not in MO folder, cause well MO.

5 hours ago, TadasTalalas said:

One more thing: At this point we have only default profile so we have only "Default" folder in our profiles folder. Before we were making profiles, now we are using instances (I assume), should we point to profiles\default ? 

Also this image is not clear:

mobeth.thumb.jpg.6b7653ecd2a00e3140ececaa6126b59f.jpg

%LOCALAPPDATA%\<gameFolder> this probably should be like %LOCALAPPDATA%\ModOrganizer\Step SkyrimSE 2.3\profiles\Default <--don't know about Default thing, should we have already created seperate profile or we will stay with default profile the whole guide?

Also in image above says: "See the Tools configuration table in the previous section.", but in BethINI Pie tools configuration section we have no special information (nothing actually to see there):

arguments.thumb.jpg.dba2425d2bd15175fd702d9413ce0dc3.jpg

So another question derives from that: Why we have to see the tools configuration table in the previous section?

First off, if you launch BethINI Pie from MO, it will always choose the correct game and INI paths. You don't need to worry about the Game and INI paths anymore.

When you create an instance, its just an MO-game configuration independent of any other MO instance (see Instances vs Profiles). It still uses a default profile and has the capacity to create additional profiles under that instance. The INI path is under Windows %LOCALAPPDATA% because that is how MO creates instances (unless you install in 'portable' mode, in which case, it does not use the Windows %USERPROFILE% space by default).

I agree that the Alert note wasn't clear or even altogether sensible. Probably because of things not being updated in tandem. I corrected it.

image.png

1 hour ago, d2eRX52 said:

I think I had read Pie version was done with MO in mind, example we can now launch Pie through MO, and path will be in documents then, not in MO folder, cause well MO.

MO installs instances under %USERPROFILE% like any program that creates user-specific-instance data in Windows. Documents is in %USERPROFILE%\Documents and AppData is in %USERPROFILE%\AppData ...MO and many programs keep user instance data under %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local (i.e., %LOCALAPPDATA%). These are Windows environment variables that allow backward compatibility with applications amongst the many historic flavors of Windows.

You can test them by using them in 'Run' command (e.g., right click on the Windows logo).

BethINI Pie wisely leverages the paths used by MO automatically now. This is why BethINI Pie should be launched from MO (or Vortex for those that use it).

bethinipie.thumb.jpg.02b4472f4672972ca8710956ba36842c.jpg

So this ini path in the image is correct? Because I launch Bethini Pie from MO. It doeasn't look correct, but if that what you say I will trust your words on that.

-----------------

I'm doing mod organizer profile ini path and moving forward in the guide:

newini.thumb.jpg.1baf72ead4ea50f8b00315725092a69a.jpg

I don't know why Bethini Pie shows my documents path even thou it is started from MO. Looks like a a bug to me.

-----------------

OK so finally I got it: Even though INI Path is set to Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition, Bethini Pie still saves changes to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\%INSTANCENAME%\profiles\%PROFILENAME% without telling the user that it saved changes there also.

Edited by TadasTalalas

For some reason, I can't change the Screenshots location.

I get this error in the console:

image.thumb.jpeg.0b528c9a64af1e9bc6cd0eea26f751c2.jpeg

This is what my PO3 INI looks like:

image.thumb.png.6a1527bfb387bb5844098ec27deeb852.png

This is what BethINI Pie says:

image.thumb.png.d2c5402b5ecc0891c7163a9dcfd9fab6.png

To confirm this path exists:

image.thumb.png.054dc535a97f25c13a5705842a31eb58.png

If I change the PO3 INI setting to false, the screenshots go here:

image.thumb.png.fe7ef8752725a4f0326e752907b2848d.png

I have checked all mods with INIs and can't see any that modify the screenshots path.

Edited by MightyCrow

4 hours ago, TadasTalalas said:

So this ini path in the image is correct? Because I launch Bethini Pie from MO. It doeasn't look correct, but if that what you say I will trust your words on that.

-----------------

I don't know why Bethini Pie shows my documents path even thou it is started from MO. Looks like a a bug to me.

-----------------

OK so finally I got it: Even though INI Path is set to Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition, Bethini Pie still saves changes to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\%INSTANCENAME%\profiles\%PROFILENAME% without telling the user that it saved changes there also.

This is because Mod Organizer provides a virtual file system that maps the INI files from your profile to My Documents where the game expects to find them. This also simplifies BethINI Pie because it does not need to seaarch for every Mod Organizer profile you may have.

19 minutes ago, Greg said:

This is because Mod Organizer provides a virtual file system that maps the INI files from your profile to My Documents where the game expects to find them. This also simplifies BethINI Pie because it does not need to seaarch for every Mod Organizer profile you may have.

Aaaahhhh man my lack of knowledge is making these unnecesary question flood the bug report topic... Thank you very much for an answers, guys.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TadasTalalas said:

-----------------

-----------------

Exactly. Remember, BethINI Pie launched from MO uses the VFS, and the VFS maps the profile INIs to the standard INI path for the game under the virtualized %USERPROFILE%\Documents\May Games ...

Sorry. I see Greg already said as much :ninja: