v2.3 - Feedback & Bug Reports

1 hour ago, MightyCrow said:

In the changelog for v2.3, under post release, mods, where it mentions smooth shores patches, it links to a page which says to install all mods except worldspace transition tweaks. Doing so installs the Depths of Skyrim Patch which is missing its master. SkyrimSE:Smooth Shores Patches - Step Mods | Change The Game (stepmodifications.org)

Using the link from the main mod page, advises to install all mods except Depths of Skyrim Patch. SkyrimSE:Smooth Shores Patches/2.3 - Step Mods | Change The Game (stepmodifications.org)

Which is right?

I fixed the changelog link. It should have been pointing to the 2.3 version instructions.

3 hours ago, Chromana said:

For Embers XD v3.0.6 on the Further Customization page of the installer Solitude Braziers is ticked by default but is not listed in the guide instructions. Should it be used?

as said in the guide "(ONLY tick the following options)", so if it is not there, untick it
(well either instructions missed it, but i think it needs to be unticked if its not there)

5 hours ago, Chromana said:

For Embers XD v3.0.6 on the Further Customization page of the installer Solitude Braziers is ticked by default but is not listed in the guide instructions. Should it be used?

2 hours ago, d2eRX52 said:

as said in the guide "(ONLY tick the following options)", so if it is not there, untick it
(well either instructions missed it, but i think it needs to be unticked if its not there)

Correct. We don't mention specifics that aren't necessary in mod instructions. Only the options listed should be ticked.

That's not quite true as in the guide also says

UNtick Goldenhills Plantation (covered by the Step CR patch)

So when I saw there was something else ticked by default it made it seem like it was missed.

And I know the guide is very specific and pedantic which is why I took "ONLY tick the following options" to imply that those options should be ticked by me. Not that I should UNtick other options.

Edited by Chromana
  • +1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chromana said:

That's not quite true as in the guide also says

So when I saw there was something else ticked by default it made it seem like it was missed.

And I know the guide is very specific and pedantic which is why I took "ONLY tick the following options" to imply that those options should be ticked by me. Not that I should UNtick other options.

Good point. I will make notes where needed so it's all consistent.

Im having issues when it comes to the steps where mods have missing folders.

Where am I putting the missing folder as I have added based on instructions but MO2 still says data invalid. 

I tried the steps mentioned on the mod page and it also didnt work. 

Screenshot 2024-09-30 110609.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-30 110618.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-30 113306.jpg

Edited by MiTxGam3r
Added aditional screenshot

1 hour ago, MiTxGam3r said:

Im having issues when it comes to the steps where mods have missing folders.

Where am I putting the missing folder as I have added based on instructions but MO2 still says data invalid. 

I tried the steps mentioned on the mod page and it also didnt work. 

Screenshot 2024-09-30 110609.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-30 110618.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-30 113306.jpg

You must re-pack the extracted folders (updated now with the new folder) into a 7z archive, and it should look exactly like the original when you open it in 7z. You probably did not package it correctly, so compare it to the original. It should have the same structure but with a new folder now.

A question about the changelog page. Is the list in the Post-Release Changes section sorted chronologically? If not then it makes it hard to know what changes have occured since the guide has been installed by a user. Perhaps there could be sub-headings with the date of change when new items are added to the list.

For instance if I look at that page in a month's time I'd have to go through the page's history versions to try to figure out what I need to update.

7 hours ago, Chromana said:

A question about the changelog page. Is the list in the Post-Release Changes section sorted chronologically? If not then it makes it hard to know what changes have occured since the guide has been installed by a user. Perhaps there could be sub-headings with the date of change when new items are added to the list.

For instance if I look at that page in a month's time I'd have to go through the page's history versions to try to figure out what I need to update.

Top bullets are latest changes. Use the wiki history to see all that. It's pretty straight forward:

image.png

image.png

You get dates and can compare revisions. Much more accurate, less error prone, and frankly, less work for us than manually adding dates.

image.png

This was also discussed previously on this topic.

I'll add it to the OP.