The Dragonborn's Bestiary

• 2 weeks later...

My main concern for this one was its lore accuracy, but it seems it's using USEP as a source, so this is probably no concern.

My only remaining concern is its scripting overhead and potential conflicts. Given that these are also benign, I'd consider it.

I wouldn't have an issue with this mod. A lot of games come with a catalog of sorts for the discoveries and things you've encountered. My one and only issue is any of these catalog-type features has and always will be "knowing" everything there is to know about an entry upon a single encounter. Knowing these details for common animals like skeevers and wolfs would be fine. However, knowing such details about uncommon animals such as atronach, dragons, trolls, etc should take more than one encounter or further study; like reading one of the troll books in the game could provide this knowledge or killing at least 3, etc. This is really just a nitpick for realism, though.

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

I wouldn't have an issue with this mod. A lot of games come with a catalog of sorts for the discoveries and things you've encountered. My one and only issue is any of these catalog-type features has and always will be "knowing" everything there is to know about an entry upon a single encounter. Knowing these details for common animals like skeevers and wolfs would be fine. However, knowing such details about uncommon animals such as atronach, dragons, trolls, etc should take more than one encounter or further study; like reading one of the troll books in the game could provide this knowledge or killing at least 3, etc. This is really just a nitpick for realism, though.

Your toughts about the more "advanced" encounters are very valid and you have a very good point hereb Tech. This is relly a "good to have mod" and i dont think it goes against the Step mandate. That said... i see the realism problem with knowing to much about a foe after just one initial encounter.