v3.3 - Feedback & Bug Reports

Heya Tech, thanks for updating the guide so quickly. I had to laugh when I decided to install NMS again the other day. No sooner had I installed and modded it, when an update dropped and most mods stopped working. Typical.

Anyway, when running AMUMSS again, it throws out 2 errors (probably related?):

[[ERROR]] MBINCompiler = [ExmlException]: There is an error in XML document (460, 3) => check your script!
    [PSARC] The PAK will not include this EXML
    [ERR]   MBINCompiler =   [InvalidOperationException]
    [ERR]   MBINCompiler =   [XmlException]: The 'Property' start tag on line 110 position 10 does not match the end tag of 'Data'. Line 460, position 3.
    [ERR]   MBINCompiler =   [INFO]: C:\Games\NMS Mods\Tools\AMUMSS\MODBUILDER\MOD\MODELS\PLANETS\BIOMES\COMMON\BUILDINGS\PARTS\COMMONPARTS\OBSERVATORY\HOLOGRAM.SCENE.EXML
Created this PAK: [[CombinedMod_54_(0).pak]]

Ending MBIN/PAK phase...
Ended script [[___StepNMS-ProjectileTable.lua]] in 153.461 sec (2:33)

and

[ATTENTION]      1 [[ERROR]] detected
    [      >>>] #54/54 [[___StepNMS-ProjectileTable.lua]] [1]

Do those/ that error(s) need correcting or is this intended?

1 hour ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Heya Tech, thanks for updating the guide so quickly. I had to laugh when I decided to install NMS again the other day. No sooner had I installed and modded it, when an update dropped and most mods stopped working. Typical.

Anyway, when running AMUMSS again, it throws out 2 errors (probably related?):

and

Do those/ that error(s) need correcting or is this intended?

That is related to an AMUMSS issue, from my understanding. The Hologram file is from Relight and the author knows about it. The StepNMS file being listed is merely because it's the last script that ran before the error was produced at the end. That's another issue within AMUMSS, since there is actually nothing wrong with that file. It's listing is a bit of a false-positive.

17 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

That is related to an AMUMSS issue, from my understanding. The Hologram file is from Relight and the author knows about it. The StepNMS file being listed is merely because it's the last script that ran before the error was produced at the end. That's another issue within AMUMSS, since there is actually nothing wrong with that file. It's listing is a bit of a false-positive.

Ah ok. The game does start, so I just ignore it until it causes issues then :) Thanks

5 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Ah ok. The game does start, so I just ignore it until it causes issues then :) Thanks

It won't cause any issues. That file was simply not included. AMUMSS updated so it should be fixed now.

• 1 month later...

The NMS 5.0 Worlds update is a massive update that will likely effect a lot of mods. As such, I've put a warning up on the current Guide that it's outdated. I will be investigating everything once the tools are updated, per usual. It may be that some mods are dropped for being outdated or no longer required with the new, massive gameplay and visual update that is 5.0 and the same will likely be true for the future "Worlds" updates. BPG will, for sure, not work with the update!

For those unaware, NMS 5.0 Worlds is likely to be released in 3 parts. The first was released today on all platforms. HelloGames is backporting the development they've done for their upcoming game, Light No Fire, to No Man's Sky. Today's update comes with overhauled atmosphere rendering that includes improvements to clouds, weathers, and colors. New water rendering is provided that makes the water look realistic with true wave and foam generation, responses to weather changes, better reflections, and greater color variety for the water, as well as, ships now being able to land on water with new tech that is included. Other updates included:

• DLSS3 support
  • improved LODs
  • new creatures and hybrids
  • greater planetary diversity and variety
  • reduced memory and bandwidth usage
  • memory, performance, and terrain generation optimizations
  • planetary objects are now rendered by the GPU rather than the CPU
  • reworked shadows to use the screenspace for better accuracy and detail
  • many bug fixes, UI updates, and QoL updates, and much more

A preliminary version of the main tool, MBINCompiler, has been released. It should cover what I need for checking the Guide's Resource Files, so I will get to check for issues over the next week.

I've gone through the mod list and marked the mods that are known to not be working, at the time of this post, with red bars on their mod tables. Most of the mods listed with green bars are a bit of an unknown right now. There are still quite a few mods that need updating before the Guide can be used again.