NPC Sweeping - No Broom Appears And Other Glitches

mooit

Question

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'm running SSE 1.6.640.0

I noticed at Whiterun when Carlotta Valentia is sweeping, I've seen several glitches.

1. When she's not sweeping and I guess supposedly holding the broom it goes through her body, like in this screen shot.

JLzLvob.jpg

2. Next when she is sweeping there is no broom in her hands like this screen shot.

JLzQHJI.jpg

3. And the last thing I noticed, the broom appeared in the blink of an eye in her hands, and then immediately flew out of her hands towards the steel container on the ground and went inside it for a second, then disappeared.

I managed to get this screen shot showing it sitting inside the steel container before it disappeared.

JLzQTbe.jpg

I also saw Frabbi inside the Silver Blood Inn sweeping with a broom in one hand and a tray with cups on it in another hand. As she was sweeping back and forth, the tray went back and forth through the middle of her body. Depending on how she's holding the broom and tray, the tray appears in various positions too. I've also seen her with the broom going through her body like Carlotta.

Here's a screen shot of Frabbi sweeping with the tray and broom in her hands.

JLzZKp1.jpg

I've read about issues like these, are all these things SSE bugs?

THANKS

Edited by mooit

8 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

When I've run across issues in the game, many times the engine and game physics comes into play, especially in regards to running over 60fps. I'm using SSEDisplayTweaks, so I removed it, and set my Nvidia drivers capped at 59fps.

Is running over 60fps and using SSEDisplayTweaks a bad idea?

I don't know if it was coincidental, but after making these changes, when I went over to Carlotta, she was sweeping again with no broom, but only for a few seconds and then it appeared, and I stood there until she stopped sweeping, for around 2 mins.

JLzyyAl.jpg

I noticed at the Silver Blood Inn that Hreinn was also holding a tray with cups on it while sweeping. I guess the NPC are multiasking LOL. To be honest, thinking back, I do believe I remember seeing them sweep with the tray and broom, but I wanted to ask if this is correct?

Is there something that can be done about Frabbi and Hreinn, so that the trays aren't always clipping through their bodies when they are sweeping holding them?

JLzmOOB.jpg

THANKS

Edited by mooit
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have previously encountered oddities with the broom sweeping animation, but I don't believe I have seen them to that degree. Similarly, I don't believe I have ever seen the multitasking broom sweeper with tray and cups before. I should think a mod could cause or fix that particular issue by limiting interaction with the one when using the other.

It's been awhile since I played. Is that the vanilla broom model? It's possible that the animation is connected to the model and is not correctly setup. Nevermind they are not related.

Edited by DoubleYou

Posted (edited)

In MO2 the top Active window shows 372, so I do have quite a few mods installed. I guess I should of mentioned this before... LOL

BUT, I disabled all the mods and loaded a game save, now the game save isn't Vanilla, it's had all my mods active on it, not sure it's going to matter.

I went to Whiterun the first time I loaded the save, for a few seconds Carlotta was still sweeping without the broom, but then it appeared. So I loaded the game save over and stood there for a minute and it never appeared.

JLXkoGV.jpg

Now, at Silver Blood Inn Hreinn and Frabbi  did not have trays in their hands, so I'm thinking a mod I'm using is adding this.

JLXUdVj.jpg

I think AI Overhaul SSE is the one adding the trays to the NPC inside the Silver Blood Inn.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

The fact that Carlotta doesn't have a broom is more likely indicative of the removed mods on the non-vanilla save.

I should of thought of this, it seems correct.

The only mod that makes sense that I removed was Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul SE. I only stood for a while watching her with this mod installed and she only walks around, doesn't sweep. So I only tested this for a short while, and if all it does is change what she does, I don't understand why she doesn't just revert back to using the broom. hmm

And the strange thing is that sometimes she shows the broom and at other times she doesn't.

Now the question, how do I get Carlotta to show the broom all the time.

But the Trays used in Silver Blood Inn seem to be added from AI Overhaul SSE can anyone else confirm this?

THANKS

P.S. After making this reply, I loaded the same game save, then fast traveled to Riverwood, then came back to Whiterun and did a wait for a few hours, until around the time Carlotta usually sweeps, and she did the animation like taking out the broom and it appeared.

Also I saw her at another time do like an animation to put the broom away, and it went through her body like the pic I showed before, and she was also sweeping with a piece of bread in her hands.

Edited by mooit

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I don't believe you can mix Immersive Citizens with AI Overhaul. 

I wasn't using them both at the same time.

Well, I've spent several years modding, and I finally started to play a little and I started a new game, thinking, with all the modding I've done, it's better.

I'm thinking to start a new post on this... LOL I mean HOLY CRAP, for so long, I can't remember, I started out, then dropped it, then came back. I've been modding for years, and never really playing.

And I'm like, around 370 mods and I think it's time to try and start enjoying the game.

One thing I wil say, it's been so long since I originally started it, that when I started a new game, it looked so nice with all the mods right at the beginning as a prisoner, it certainly changed the immersion and reality, having it looking like a NextGen game from the beginning.

THANKS

Here's a pic, after escaping and now looking for loot to fight! LOL :P I even managed to keep my High Poly Present of my NPC, and then bloody figured out how to load it correctly, I mean with the right Race, so she looked correct. :)

JQoQn8G.jpg

Edited by mooit
  • Like 1