Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So' date=' first time I ran SUM I did not check 'Merge Patches'. So I have a couple .esp patches in my load order. If I go back and do 'Merge Patches'' date=' do I just delete the existing ones first? Is there any benefit to merging the patches (ASIS, Dual Sheath, Reproccer)? I'm not close to the 250 esp zone yet.[/quote'']

I don't use SUM myself, you can delete(or better move away) existing ones if they are not masters for merged patch. Just load

PostASISPatch.esp

qotsafans Ars Metallica Patch.esp

qotsafans WIC-CraftOnly ReProccer Patch.esp

qotsafans Miscellaneous ReProccer + Destruction Tweak Atronach 50 Patch.esp

ReProccerDragonborn.esp

after merged patch

Benefits beyond single esp? No, didn't hear that.

The main benefit of SUM is that you dont have to disable mods etc when you're running skyproc patchers. Merging the skyproc patchers in SUM doesn't seem to work for me anymore since the AV update as sum.esp gets automatic variants.esp as a master even though it has imported and deleted the file

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I run all manually but I don't switch any plugins off:) Because I modified blocklists for that:)

Speaking of spears' date=' I wish they had more stabby animations. All I get is a chopping action when I use them[/quote']

Sadly it will be possible then new weapon types will be implemented and new animations for them created. Would be possible with FNIS 4.0 I think.

Iroha Wrote

Of course you should rerun SUM

check in wrye bash if your asis still have something from skytest - then perhaps you edited wrong blocklist (not latest in load order of mod organaizerrr)

I spend more time troubleshooting this game than I do playing it.  It reminds me of when I was experimenting with Gentoo Linux and every week I'd do an upgrade and screw something up and eventually just have to reinstall everything from scratch. There are no references ASIS in SkyTEst, but I'm still crashing at the menu.  I tried unchecking all the things I had touched to no avail and now I'm just trying to enable things piecemeal but run into all kinds of CTD's.  I'm not smart enough to mod this game.  

Hrmm I am also having some trouble getting my game to start. I just updated SkyTEST (per the SR mod guide) along with everything listed from 5/9/13-5/10/13. Rebuilt my Bashed Patch and all the dynamic patches, then CTD at main menu. Started unchecking .esp's in reverse order and found that my game will load once I uncheck ASIS. That is, it will load with the full SR mods, Bashed Patch, and Automatic Variants. Maybe I should update ASIS? Or one of the recent mods from 5/9 or 5/10 is incompatible?

My load order:

(all SR mods)

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Automatic Variants.esp

Asis-Dependency.esp

ASIS.esp

PostASISPatch.esp

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

ReProccer.esp

qotsafan's Ars Metallica Patch.esp

qotsafan's WIC-CraftOnly ReProccer Patch.esp

ReProccerDragonborn.esp

qotsafan's Miscellaneous Reproccer + Destruction... .esp

Hrmm I am also having some trouble getting my game to start. I just updated SkyTEST (per the SR mod guide) along with everything listed from 5/9/13-5/10/13. Rebuilt my Bashed Patch and all the dynamic patches' date=' then CTD at main menu.[/quote']

You've got the right idea. It is an issue with SkyTEST and ASIS. More specifically, the Dawnguard and Dragonborn esp's. I had the same issue. To fix this, you will need to add these two to the ASIS blocklist:

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.esp

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.esp

I'm assuming you are using the SkyRe ReProccer Compatibility Patches as well. There was an option to overwrite the original ASIS Blocklist so be sure to check that folder for the BlockList file in your Mod Organizer. It should look something like this:

Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\SkyRe ReProccer Compatibility Patches\SkyProc Patchers\ASIS\Files\BlockList

Rerun SUM and you should be set~

Awesome thanks for your response! I was going crazy trying to figure this out. Looks like Iroha updated the guide to say something similar:

ASIS can't import SkyTEST optional patches properly, to solve problem

Open ModOrganizer\mods\SkyRe ReProccer Compatibility Patches\SkyProc Patchers\ASIS\Files\ and add SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.esp SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.esp

There is a new interesting mod, that many of you might consider testing:

Ultimate Combat by tktk1: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36006

Mod ads combat AI improvements, additional "moves" for enemies.

by author word it is compatible with SkyRe (and ASIS), and quick check tells me, there are only 4 Game Setting records, that have values conflicting with SkyRe_Combat: fBlockMax, fBlockWeaponBase, fCombatBashReach and fStaminaBlockBase. I think it will be wiser to load it before SkyRe (but it is only educated guess).

Judging by authors other work this mod is at last worth checking (or tracking).

There is a new interesting mod, that many of you might consider testing:

Ultimate Combat by tktk1: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36006

I've been testing it out myself as well. It is pretty neat that the enemies are now able to dodge out of your power attacks. Do the new enemy special attacks just count as power attacks? Being staggered also locks you in place now, as in you are unable to move around.

Just a heads up that tktk1 also recommends putting the esp, UltimateCombat.esp, in the ASIS mod blocklist. Not exactly sure if it is necessary myself, but just throwing it out there.

Been trying out this guide but for the life of me I cannot find PostASISPatch.esp even though I keep checking the box to install it.  I've tried both with and without the integrated fomod installer in MO.

Problems with NMM installers are common, everyone can make mistakes. Just copy one postasispatch.esp from archive after you will install it. There is two of them. You need one that have asis.esp in masters.

I only saw one when I looked in the archive, and when I loaded it up in TES5Edit, it only pulled in the Bethesda .esms, SkyRe_Main and SkyRe_Combat.  I didn't see another PostASISPatch.esp.

Also, I noticed that this compilation still uses Ars Metallica with SkyRe.  I thought I had read somewhere else that the two were not compatible, or is this something that is overcome with the bit of editing?  I had previously run STEP with SkyRe and some other mods, and had left out AM after reading that.

I only saw one when I looked in the archive, and when I loaded it up in TES5Edit, it only pulled in the Bethesda .esms, SkyRe_Main and SkyRe_Combat.  I didn't see another PostASISPatch.esp.

Also, I noticed that this compilation still uses Ars Metallica with SkyRe.  I thought I had read somewhere else that the two were not compatible, or is this something that is overcome with the bit of editing?  I had previously run STEP with SkyRe and some other mods, and had left out AM after reading that.

patch for ars metallica provided by balbor and steelsoul. You saw preasis  perhaps. load previous version of qotsafan's patches and extruct postasispatch.esp from there, if you can't find it in latest.

I have a question concerning the semi-automatic setup of the SkyProc addons:

I have executed SUM but aftwerwards I still have some ReProccer related patch .esp remaining:

ASIS-Dependencies.esp

ReProccerDragonborn.esp

are these included in the SUM.esp or I have to individually enable them?

AFAIK If I activate them I CTD on menu but if I don't it works fine.

I have a question concerning the semi-automatic setup of the SkyProc addons:

I have executed SUM but aftwerwards I still have some ReProccer related patch .esp remaining:

ASIS-Dependencies.esp

ReProccerDragonborn.esp

are these included in the SUM.esp or I have to individually enable them?

AFAIK If I activate them I CTD on menu but if I don't it works fine.

Rename SUM.esp to ReProccer.esp and it's fine. Just remember to do it after every time you've rerun the skyproc patchers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.