Diligently following FO4 STEP Guide, but can I omit certain textures without effecting patch, etc?

Diligently following FO4 STEP Guide, but can I omit certain textures without effecting patch, etc?

Can I omit or substitute TEXTURES? (Don't want suggested PA Overhaul mod - maybe not canon, but I like to think even in a dystopian world if I wanted painted armor I would keep it nice...)

Can I omit or substitute body enhancers? (Use CBBE instead of suggested Vanilla, etc.)

Please clarify on replacements or omissions that do not involve game mechanics or dependencies.

Thanks again!!

I cannot very well speak to mods I haven't tested as to their compatibility with the guide. The guide itself, however, is very compatible as a base, so you likely will not suffer much difficulty adding mods or replacing mods so long as they are not flagged as being a part of the Step Patches. Textures especially are typically compatible, and substituting alternative bodies should work just fine. Nevertheless, I haven't tested any of them, and I'm speaking in general terms.