Don't understand how to load a file in xEdit (Simple Children)

I feel kinda dumb asking this, but I think I'm doing this incorrectly.

I'm trying to install Simple Children. The steps say to "Load the FacegenForKids.esp in xEdit."

• I opened xEdit from Mod Organizer. Filtered and found FacegenForKids.esp
  • I double-clicked it to Open it, but then it started to run a script for what looked like a lot more than just that single file.

Am I doing something wrong here? I'm not 100% sure if I'm "loading" the file or not.

Yes double-clicking on the name of the plugin is a valid method to open that plugin in xEdit.

The messages on the right half of the window show the loading progress of the plugin you selected as well as of those plugins upon which it depends (such as Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, etc). Simply wait until the messages stop with the last line: "Background Loader: finished".

At that point the plugin you selected will show as the last entry in the list of plugins on the left half of the window. Continue following the instructions in the guide, at step #2.

13 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Yes double-clicking on the name of the plugin is a valid method to open that plugin in xEdit.

I never noticed that (or never tried). I've always used the expansion icon w/wo depressing the Alt key (Alt forces expansion of all child nodes)

I wasn't understanding the OP 'script' mention, but I see now that the OP was referring to the background processing on xEdit initialization in the "messages" right pane.