Skyrim updated to 1.6.1170

Patch notes (copied from WSkeever's post on Reddit:

Skyrim Special Edition/Anniversary Edition January 17 Update Announced Patch Notes

From the official Bethesda Discord server:

Happy Tuesday everyone!

We're planning on patching Skyrim on January 17th at 11:00am EST. Please note, that this patch will only apply to GOG, Epic Store, Bethesda Net, Xbox, and PlayStation. The Steam version of the patch will have a slight delay and be applied after. Our patch notes will be shared here as soon as they are finalized. Thanks for your patience!

January 17th 2024 Patch Notes

• When using a controller, the right analog stick is now exclusively bound to the description field. When using a controller “Search” is now bound to “A”, not Right Trigger.

Bug Fixes

• Menu items no longer “bounce”.

• Author names should no longer shift upon inspecting the details page.

• Fixed issues requiring the user to select menu options twice when returning to the main menu.

• Fixed issues with the Download Bar not rendering correctly.

• Fixed an issue causing the order of screenshots to change between sessions.

• Fixed an issue causing deleted Creations to appear in your Load Order.

• Fixed an issue rearranging the Load Order when updating a Creation.

• The correct warning message is now displayed when a Creation is downloaded without its dependencies.

• Fixed issue preventing Creation downloads after an extended time browsing the menus.

• Fixed issue causing large Creations to sometimes fail to download.

• Restoring your Load Order will now properly enable disabled Creations.

• The “Download All Creations” menu option will no longer deactivate previously installed Creations.

• Canceling “Download All Creations” will no longer result in a crash when returning to the Main Menu.

• Uploading and restoring Load Orders to and from Bethesda.net will no longer fail on large Load Orders.

• The “Updated” category in the Channels List now shows Creations from your library with available updates, instead of showing “Latest” uploads.

• Gallery images no longer change in size when browsing.

• Resolved a crash that could occur after loading Anniversary Edition after linking a new account.

• Fixed an issue that could cause the wrong Load Order to be uploaded.

• Fixed flickering of arrows on the Banner on the initial load of the Creations Menu.

• Categories are now sorted by "latest."

• File size now properly displays after updating a Creation.

• Resolved an issue that could prompt a deletion confirmation when exiting the menus.

• Resolved an issue that would show some Creations as owned even if unpurchased.

Epic Only

• Resolved an issue preventing Creation Credits from displaying in the user’s account.

PlayStation Only

• Fixed a crash that could occur from repeatedly entering the in-game Creations screen.

• Creation names should no longer flicker after downloading.

• PS5: Fixed Crash when browsing the menu while it is loading.

• PS5: “Delete all Creations” now works as intended.

Xbox Only

• Fixed an issue that would kick the player to the Main Menu when attempting to download Survival Mode or Goldbrand.

• The “Show Missing Content” box on the Search Menu after loading a save with missing Creations now works.

GOG Specific

• Fixed an issue preventing the Anniversary Upgrade prompt from working.

• Fixed issue that could occur, resulting in the wrong saves being overwritten.

• Localization fixes.

Resource Pack

• Resolved unfilled alias on Carriage Quest.

• Added “CalendarDay” script.

• Modular jugs now have audio when dropped.

The update is already on Steam, but the Steam specific patch notes are not there yet. Judging from the above, this update is geared towards the implementation of the new "creations system". Hopefully the update for Steam will include fixes for the issues introduced by the last update.

This may be confusing for a while because Bethesda released Skyrim 1.6.659 on GOG and this is not the same executable as Skyrim 1.6.659 on Steam. The downside is that some folks may mistakenly install the 1.6.659 version of the plugins on the GOG version of the game and SKSE, Bug Fixes, etc. may detect this as the Steam version of the game and likely CTD without a compatibility warning.

14 hours ago, Greg said:

This may be confusing for a while because Bethesda released Skyrim 1.6.659 on GOG and this is not the same executable as Skyrim 1.6.659 on Steam. The downside is that some folks may mistakenly install the 1.6.659 version of the plugins on the GOG version of the game and SKSE, Bug Fixes, etc. may detect this as the Steam version of the game and likely CTD without a compatibility warning.

But I believe this is being addressed somehow with a bit of a delay, no?

And I thought the SSE updates were 1.6.1130 --> 1.6.1170 (?)

14 hours ago, z929669 said:

But I believe this is being addressed somehow with a bit of a delay, no?

And I thought the SSE updates were 1.6.1130 --> 1.6.1170 (?)

They are. I think I read that even the GOG version is now 1.6.1170.

Edit: Yups, found this on Reddit:

Curiosity got the best of me. I made a backup of the Skyrim GOG install folder, did the update, and the EXE shows 1170 for the version. So looks like they should line up in terms of SKSE compatibility. GOG still has the 659 offline installers available of course which makes it easy to switch back for anyone else who wants to give it a try temporarily.