Can we talk a bit about Lakeview Manor's entryway? RE: Darkness

I never really played with Hearthfire much until recently. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the engagement of building the house and hunting for all the materials. But then I converted the "small house" bedroom into an entryway... And holy hell, is it just so damn DARK in there. I installed ELFX - Hearthfire Light Addon as a "personal preference" mod to see if it helped at all, and while it does illuminate the little arrow-slit windows indoors, it still doesn't do much to spread the light around the room (extra goodies in that the extra mod hasn't caused me any issues as of yet). I've linked an Imgur album at the bottom of this post; it doesn't look super dark in the album, but if you download the image you can see how I see it in the game. And these were taken between noon and 1 pm in game time.

Disclosure: I'm using the STEP Heavy ENB preset, and I've installed the full mod list included in the guide.

Is anyone aware of any mods or setting tweaks that might help add some light to this area without conflicting with the existing mod list? Obviously turning ENB off while inside the house does more to help than adding ELFX to the windows, but to me at least, killing ENB also hurts the immersion.

I can understand the cellar being dark and gloomy, because -- it's a cellar. And it's not so much a problem in, say, the greenhouse (greenhouse screenshots also in Imgur album). Extra points for those dust mote effects. *chef's kiss* But walking into that entryway in the middle of the day to cave-like darkness is a bit jarring.

Imgur album