[WIP] DDSopt & Texture Overhauls

z929669

Question

• Answers 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I cannot believe that this is happening. For once more, the exact same thing happened. Nothing new. I really don't know what's wrong. A question, did you also update the HRDLC Repair batch files or they are the same files from the last update?

I edited some of the descriptive material in the batch file' date=' but downloadable one is otherwise similar. When you ran cmd.exe were you able to use robocopy?[/quote']

I'm not sure how to do that. :p I just double-click the batch file. I believe the problem has something to do with administrative privileges. Dazed and confused. 

A note about the new HRDLC repair batch files : some placeholder.txt files didn't get deleted so I deleted them manually.

I edited some of the descriptive material in the batch file' date=' but downloadable one is otherwise similar. When you ran cmd.exe were you able to use robocopy?[/quote']

A note about the new HRDLC repair batch files : some placeholder.txt files didn't get deleted so I deleted them manually.

I'll check; these batch files should be the same ones that are in text format on the wiki. When using the new batch files it doesn't actually matter; any .txt and .lnk files from any the the vanilla BSAs are eliminated from the output.

I'm not sure how to do that. :p I just double-click the batch file. I believe the problem has something to do with administrative privileges. Dazed and confused. 

Did you try the steps listed in this previous post yet?

Did you try the steps listed in this previous post yet?

Whoops!!!! I ran the command and I think it actually worked!!!! No errors appeared. It created the vanilla optimized>std>textures>interface>books directory and in it the correct files(based on the vanilla extracted>std>textures>interface>books directory. So, we have a success! what should I do now?

I have no explanation of how an individual command can work but the batch file doesn't. If the batch file still isn't working you could always copy the commands from the batch file one at a time and run them. Do this just like you did for the command that worked (copy to clipboard, right click in command window then hit enter). There are only 12 additional commands.

I have no explanation of how an individual command can work but the batch file doesn't. If the batch file still isn't working you could always copy the commands from the batch file one at a time and run them. Do this just like you did for the command that worked (copy to clipboard' date=' right click in command window then hit enter). There are only 12 additional commands.[/quote']

OK I see the other 12 lines. Should I just every single one of them as they are or should I change something?

You can copy them as they are and use them.

Hey, I tried many variations of the commands and eventually I copied them so they would look like the command you posted. Here they are:

1)robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted" "%cd%\Vanilla Textures" *.dds /s  /xd HRDLC1 HRDLC2 HRDLC3 /xf  *_n.dds

2)robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted" "%cd%\Vanilla Textures" *_n.dds /s /max:2999999 /xd HRDLC1 HRDLC2 HRDLC3

3)robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted" "%cd%\Vanilla Normal Maps" *_n.dds /s /min:3000000 /xd HRDLC1 HRDLC2 HRDLC3

4)robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC1" "%cd%\Vanilla Textures\HRDLC1" *.dds /s  /xf *_n.dds *_msn.dds

5)robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC2" "%cd%\Vanilla Textures/HRDLC2" *.dds /s  /xf *_n.dds *_msn.dds

6)robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC3" "%cd%\Vanilla Textures/HRDLC3" *.dds /s  /xf *_n.dds *_msn.dds

7)robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC1" "%cd%\Vanilla Uncompressed Normal Maps\HRDLC1" *_msn.dds /s

8)robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC3" "%cd%\Vanilla Uncompressed Normal Maps\HRDLC3" *_msn.dds /s

9)robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC2\textures\terrain" "%cd%\Vanilla Uncompressed Normal Maps\HRDLC2\textures\terrain" *_n.dds /s

10)robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC1" "%cd%\Vanilla Normal Maps\HRDLC1" *_n.dds /s

11)robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC2" "%cd%\Vanilla Normal Maps\HRDLC2" *_n.dds /s  /xd HRDLC2\textures\terrain

12)robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC3" "%cd%\Vanilla Normal Maps\HRDLC3" *_n.dds /s

In the vanilla textures folder there are some n.dds files. Is that normal?

4 and 5 are wrong; on each line one of the slash characters after Textures is backwards

4) robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC2" "%cd%\Vanilla Textures\HRDLC2" *.dds /s /xf *_n.dds *_msn.dds

5) robocopy "%cd%\Vanilla Extracted\HRDLC3" "%cd%\Vanilla Textures\HRDLC3" *.dds /s /xf *_n.dds *_msn.dds

There should be some files ending in _n.dds several levels inside some of the folders in Vanilla Textures from STD and the DLC. They should be <3 megabytes.

You can copy and past to the command windows as I mentioned.